(3.2) [Lighty] RF Scorching Ray Juggernaut: From Rags2Riches Series™

pm me ingame (lighty_Cyclone/Lighty_NewPhoneWhoDis) with questions or if anything is missing from the guide.

Pantheon
Soul of Solaris
Soul of Shikari

Bandits:
Kill all for +2 Passives

Passive Tree:
Juggernaut Marauder(lv100)

Jewels

Normal Jewels
Jewel Search
%Life (Mandatory)
Fire Damage
Area Damage
Burning Damage
Damage over Time
Damage

Abyss Jewels:
If you'rere running a stygian you need 1 abyss jewel, otherwise therer'''e worse than normal jewels.
+46-50 Maximum Life
10-14 #% increased Damage over Time while holding a Shield
Res Roll
Res Roll

Might of the Meek
You only can run 1 of these and it has to go here. It gives extra %life & Regen.

Required Uniques
These Starting uniques and some shitty life/res rares are enough to get started with uberlab/shaper ect.

Current Gear
"
Use the ralakesh boots to gain max endurance charges before entering uber atziri & uber elder. Swamp out the topaz for Forbidden Taste on uber elder since there is minimal lightning damage during the fight. I only swamp out inc eo for conc on uberlab & chayula. You dont want Foridden Taste to have quality as it will add an extra Tic of 8% chaos dmg if you break 4.5 second durations. Swap Saffels for Rise of the Phoenix on Uber Atziri Trio only, its the only pure phys boss fight that matters.

]
Perfect Min/Max Gear Guide
working on getting my gear as close to this as possible on my rags2riches series.

Watchers Eye:
Vitality is the most important roll and if you can get a watchers eye with just vitality its fine.
(6-10)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage while affected by Purity of Fire
(6-10)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage while affected by Purity of Ice
(20-30)% increased Life Recovery Rate while affected by Vitality

Royal Burgonet Helmet (Elder) i84+
40% increased Righteous Fire Damage/30% increased Despair Curse Effect

Prefix: lv20 Conc effect
Prefix: lv20 Less Duration
Prefix: +99 Life
Suffix: +30% More socketed Ele Dmg (essence of horror)
Suffix: lv20 Burning Dmg
Suffix: +35% Chaos Resistance

Stygian Belt (Elder) i84+

Prefix: +99 Life
Prefix: +10% Max Life
Prefix: lv22 Enduring Cry
Suffix: 20% Life Recovery
Suffix: +48% Lightning Resistance

Void Sceptre (Shaper) i86+

Prefix: lv20 Controlled Destruction / lv20 Elemental Focus
Prefix: Supported by Lv1 Bloodmagic (Leo)
Prefix: +2 Level of Fire Gems
Suffix: 27% Attack Speed
Suffix: lv20 Faster Casting
Suffix: +30% Fire Damage

Titan Gauntlets (Elder) i86+ Commandment of Light Enchant
Prefix: +89 Life
Prefix: +28 Hybrid Life/Armour
Prefix: 10% to gain frenzy charge on kill
Suffix: +60 Dexterity
Suffix: +14% Attack & Cast Speed
Suffix: +48% lightning/Cold/Fire Resistance

Two-Toned Boots (Shaper) i86+
Prefix: +89 Life
Prefix: +28 Hybrid Life/Armour
Prefix: +35% Movement Speed
Suffix: +15% Cooldown Recovery Rate
Suffix: +48% lightning/Cold/Fire Resistance

IGN: lighty_cyclone & Lighty_NewPhoneWhoDis [Feel free to ask any questions ]
Last edited by LightySecondAccount on Apr 13, 2018, 2:54:05 PM
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2018, 2:24:53 AM
Hello there ;)

I must say - build is fun to play. And slowly grow in strenght.

i got some questions:

Ascendary, why Unstoppable not Unyielding
Phanteon , why Shakari not Ralakesh
Why Solaris , not Lunaris ?

"
jac00l wrote:
Hello there ;)

I must say - build is fun to play. And slowly grow in strenght.

i got some questions:

Ascendary, why Unstoppable not Unyielding
Phanteon , why Shakari not Ralakesh
Why Solaris , not Lunaris ?

Unstoppable is better than unyielding for 2 reasons. Unyielding only grants aoe & dmg since stun & end charge generation are deadstats at that point versus unstoppable granting stun immunity which is more valuable for bossing and freeze immunity with "cannot be slowed below base" mod, not to mention the additional movement speed and basic immunity to tempchains & chill.

Ralakesh is a shit anyway you look at it. Even more shit when you have 90+% phys immunity, bleed immunty and blind/maim does nothing to you. The only viable minor gods for RF are Shakari for poison immunity, Ryslatha for uber elder & shaper to get your karui/forbidden up quicker and tukomaha/abberath if your having trouble sustaining RF early on.

Lunaris is worse than solaris in every way, especially since solaris gives you essentially a 20% chance to avoid an aoe boss mechanic 1shot. Also 8% ele dmg reduction is what we want over any form of phys mitigation, between endurance charges, fortify and flasks we have 0 problem mitigation phys dmg.
Hey sir Lighty,

if you have time, could you please explain how we should spent the level points during the leveling process? From 1 to 20 go ..... Etc, etc,etc.

Thanks a lot, i always learn with your videos and have an awesome fun time.

Pd: include ascendancy as well.
Hey Lighty,

first I have to say that I like this build a lot.
But you have ohne little mistake in your min/max gear. The Bloodmagic craft comes from Vagan not Leo. And I think the Sceptre can also have 30% burning instead of Fire Damage.

My question to the Sceptre: Is +2 Fire Gems really better than the 79% Fire Damage?
Great build, this is exactly the same tree/build as Zizaran is running (which he copied from Uber Dan), zero changes. All nodes are exactly the same. Great stuff!

I'm running it as well, it wrecks the whole atlas like a joke.. only downside is the mediocre clear speed.

Constructive criticism:

How are you triggering EE? There's no +cold/light to attacks damage in your gear. I assume it's from gloves lab proc, but it has 5second cooldown, pretty bad for mapping.

I highly disagree on the amulet though. Only reason ever to use it would be the cheap price (2c or so) and running the despair setup.

However, those the extra links used for the despair aura can be replaced for bubonic + witchfire brew + marble, which gives more life and more damage (20% from bubonic + dmg mods from abyssal jewels). Of course, it costs more, but it's a better choice overall.

A marble amulet with a good roll is better in every single aspect: marble has more damage (str from doon + fire damage), more regen (half a kaom ring literally), more resists (if needed), more stats, plus added cold/lightning damage (Triggering EE). Only downside is that the marble is a lot more expensive..

Example (my amulet, self-crafted) :

Personal choices:

I personally go with Brine King and Ryslatha Patheons + Unyielding for Uber Elder, done 20+ deathless runs using it.

The OP's choice is the best one though, hands down. Unstoppable is the better choice for Uber Elder.. with the downside of it being terrible for mapping (need to respec all time). So having unyielding and using brine king is the "middle road" of it lol

Pantheons:
Majors:
Lunaris --> use it on easy maps for the movespeed.
Solaris --> all-rounder choice for hard maps/shaper.
Brine King --> Uber Elder (it's worse than unstoppable, yes, but it works).

Minor:
Ryslatha for uber elder (I run 2x forbidden, 1 blood of the karui, 1 conc and 1 witchfire.. ultra safe and good damage)
Tukohama for anything else (VERY good for facetanking all t16 elder guardians).
Last edited by FaustoFanti on Apr 16, 2018, 12:52:16 PM
EE gets triggered with orb of storms

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info