[3.2 HC | Video Guide] Blade Vortex EO | great mapclearer | Big Shocks | Explosions everywhere

First of all i would like to mention that i want to avoid text of walls in this guide, so let's start.
English isn't my native language.

Video Guide:
[Video Guide] Blade Vortex Elementalist

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/MRiSmgQb

feel free to ask questions and leave Feedback for improvements!!!

The Guide also includes gameplay footage:
[3.2 HC | Video Guide] Blade Vortex Elementalist

more vids soon.

Twitch Shaarq --> if u wanna see some live action.

Current gear:

Gear in general:
Spoiler

First of all Inpulsa’s Chest, it fixes the lack of clear speed from usual blade vortex. as you remember, we shock every single mob, so you get explosions all the time!
Second unique are a pair of hrimsorrow gloves, it converts the remaining 50% phys from blade vortex to cold damage, to get maximum use out of elemental overload keystone.
Impresence is really powerful due the fact we are in melee range nearly all the time. It provides maddening presence and frees up your mana pool because conductivities mana reservation is reduced by 100%.
Berek’s grip is also a must have, if you’ve skilled into beacon of ruin. It basically gives you life and mana leech, pretty hard to get spell leech elsewhere.

Try to get lightning and cold resistances on par, for your wise oak.

And last unique is lightpoacher, but to be honest, i’m not sure if it’s worth using on blade vortex setup because the lack of proj damage and pierce. I died before i could test it with a EK setup, so please make some investigation by yourself.

Look for shaped sceptre and craft it with essence of zeal and pray to god as i did. Try to get phys as extra lightning, high attack speed and lightning damage.

On other slots just look for affixes such as life, mana, resistances.

6 link
Blade Vortex - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - Phys to Lightning - Hypothermia - Inc. Aoe / Conc Effect

2 Link
Blasphemy - Conductivity

4 Link
CwdT - Immortal Call, Inc. Duration - Vaal Grace

Lightpoacher
Fater Proj - Phys to Lightning - GMP

single
Lightning Golem

For leveling i used Fire Trap and Freezing Pulse and swapped to Blade Vortex at level 12.
Leveling with the character was a breeze, use Darkness enthroned with flat phys jewels and a tabula, preferably corrupted with +1…. Praxis ring also helps you out a lot in the beginning to get rid of any mana problems...

Ascendancy
As i mentioned in the intro, the Ascendancy Class of choice for this build is Elementalist. 3.2 made it possible. The redesign is really cool in my opinion and basically makes non crit spells a thing!

Go for shaper of desolation first, then Beacon of ruin!
Beacon of Ruin is our key node, it allows us to shock and chill every mob and even bosses in the game! Normally you have to reach a certain threshold to be able to apply that ailments, but that mechanic doesn’t count for Beacon of Ruin, you literally just need one lightning damage and the target gets shocked. Without any buffs this shock guarantees 20% increased damage taken on your target.
Juicy thing beside is that you are able to increase this 20% up to 50% with passives on your tree and abyss jewels! Thats insane, so your attack or spell doesn’t have to be lightning based, just get one item or jewel which adds lightning damage and you are able to shock with nearly every skill in the game. This ascendancy point widens the horizon, it's just beautiful…. Well
Pendulum of destruction shenanigans is nice to have and last but not least mastermind of discord, it greatly buffs your damage!

Order is Shaper of Desolation - Beacon of Ruin - Pendulum - Mastermind

tree 97

Bandits: kill ALL
Last edited by Shaarq on Apr 9, 2018, 1:43:33 PM
Last bumped on May 16, 2018, 1:34:56 AM
I think I'm gonna try this. Been bored, not playing much, been looking for a 'fun', build that makes things go boom.

Any hints on order to path passives (I'm playing SC, but I suck, so...)

I'm thinking go up and grab the Blast Radius cluster, then MoM/Quick Recovery, and then templar AoE nodes then life? Worth taking EO early?

I've got a Tabula and about 50c to play with so I can certainly buy the uniques.
Last edited by zz9za on Mar 28, 2018, 4:42:09 PM
"
zz9za wrote:
I think I'm gonna try this. Been bored, not playing much, been looking for a 'fun', build that makes things go boom.

Any hints on order to path passives (I'm playing SC, but I suck, so...)

I'm thinking go up and grab the Blast Radius cluster, then MoM/Quick Recovery, and then templar AoE nodes then life? Worth taking EO early?

I've got a Tabula and about 50c to play with so I can certainly buy the uniques.

tons of fun, i guarantee you!
yea, grab EO as early as you can. wait for MoM until ~lvl38.

Routing doesn't matter that much... depends on you leveling gear, if you Need life skill life otherwise take damage.

my Routing for first 40 levels as a spellcasters is:
Occultist Dominion - Heart and Soul - Deep Wisdom - Blast Radius - EO - Quick Recovery - Disc & Training - Precision - Elementalist - Light and Divintiy - Devotion - MoM.

After that go into Shadow area and fill up rest of witch area (Cruel Prep, Alchemist)
Last edited by Shaarq on Mar 29, 2018, 1:06:31 AM
Are there any good leveling weapons to go with until I can use a crafted sceptre?
Thanks in advance
Are you absolutely sure Beacon of Ruin works as you say?

The node says nothing about every hit shocking ( the same with chills ), it simply states that every shocking hit debuffs by a minimum of 20% ( instead of it getting as low as 0% before you'd not do enough damage to shock at all ).

Just because the minimum shock debuff is 20%, doesn't mean every hit is doing 20% worth of shock damage ( 2% of the enemies health ), or providing a 20% chance to shock ( let alone 100% ). This means that there's no way for a 1 lightning dmg mod on an item to allow you to shock, unless the enemy had no more than 500 life ( 0.2% minimum of life lost per hit to allow shocks ), for a normal hit, or 1000 for a crit ( minus effectiveness mods ).

And yet still, you have to shock the enemy first ( which is different than doing enough damage for the % increased damage calculation ), which requires either an effect ( passive, item, ascendancy node, etc. ) that specifies giving a chance to shock, or by critting.

It might be something lost in translation ( Understand English is not primary language ), or a bit of an exaggeration / flair stated about the build; where the sentiment is true, but the logistics of it are a bit different. I just wouldn't want people being sold on the idea that you don't need anything other than that ascendancy node in order to shock enemies / make the fundamental of the build work.
this is probably the weakest BV build posted on this forum so far. you have to go crit, not EO.

hey ,how do you fix your mana problem ? I have everything setuped but on bosses my mana just go out and i cannot leach good life or mana . Any tips ?
"
velislav87 wrote:
hey ,how do you fix your mana problem ? I have everything setuped but on bosses my mana just go out and i cannot leach good life or mana . Any tips ?

Hey sir, use an Eternal Mana flask or vaal clarity on bosses.
Last edited by Shaarq on May 9, 2018, 3:34:28 AM
do you have a more optimized tree for level 90?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info