The best change you could make to bestiary is removing nets

I can see why ggg went with nets and the menagerie, it deals with the inventory/stash clutter they struggle with every league while still giving us a bunch of new mats and introduces more interaction with trash mobs to the game but that comes at the cost of flow and enjoyment of gameplay.

If the beasts just had big quant. and rarity boosts and dropped mats for the new recipes, i feel the league would have been a lot more successful. Even if you had to add a little 6-9 slot satchel for beast parts to reduce inventory clutter (which i don't see it being any worse than essence was) would have been 1000 times better than the current system. Or my favorite idea, some kind of soul harvester type item (maybe ties in with the way elder sucks up bosses?) that captures on kill and you could roll for stats like "captured beasts have x% chance to have x mod added" "captured beasts deal x% less damage" ect. the "souls" then used for crafting in a version of the blood alter that lines up thematically.

The nets feel like someone got too attached to an idea that didn't really work in game, even after adding necro nets (which were only added because the nets system wasn't working) we still have the issue with destroyed corpses. For the sake of a slightly tidier inventory, my gameplay when around a rare goes from a normal smooth mapping experience (which we spent hours on our characters to be able to enjoy) to dancing around a single rare trying not to one shot it.

For example, if a beast gets out of my first go at bursting down while passing by, it turns into this weird dance where i'm being chunked by something i could destroy while i fuck around waiting for another net to throw, at this moment i have no control, i'm just standing around waiting for the game to let me play. If i try to get it lower while waiting for my net, i have a good chance i'll shatter it, if by some miracle it doesn't shatter, i can't take one step or my bubonic trail boots with blow it up.

In theory nets and all that sound great and are a lot more interesting ideas than my two but the current system comes at a huge cost to quality and enjoyment of the game and imo it's a poor trade. Same could be said for how we acquire shaper orbs now.

Last bumped on Mar 24, 2018, 8:36:26 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
i already stopped carrying/looting nets and stopped caring about beasts.

i can just speed run more maps and benefit more than using this content, if they just auto caught on kill it would be a lot better then i would not mind the nets so much.
Agreed, i play destroy corpse build, and it's so hard to not kill beasts. Wouldn't it be an idea to make whites manual catch, cuzz i don;t need to hit them to catch them, and auto catch rares on kill etc as long you have the appropriate lvl of net in the inventory.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info