Hey Guys

Completely new to PoE, been looking for a MMORPG to get into and PoE has decent reviews.

Can you just click the "Download Now", install and play? or does the game require a CDKey like diablo did?

Cheers and sorry if this has been answered before.

Jake.
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2018, 9:51:07 PM
PoE is not really a MMORPG in the traditional sense. You do see other players around you in towns, but cooperation is limited to 6-person parties and trading between players.

But yes, the base game is completely free - just download it and give it a try.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 22, 2018, 9:02:51 PM
If you're looking for MMORPG love, you really wont find it here. This game is a classical ARPG in the style of Diablo or Sacred.
I've always played PoE with the stand-alone client and not through Steam. I guess the Steam version of PoE works ok but I do remember from past years that the Steam version caused problems for some players.

PoE is entirely free to play but if you like GGG's take on the arpg and get hooked to play long term you will be wanting more storage space for gear, orbs, maps, etc. so you will buy stash tabs (among other cosmetic items) and that is how PoE is funded.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info