****Elemental Equilibrium****

Why is it that after 2 months of trying to figure out if Elemental Equilibrium - passive node was bugged or not, I had to find out from a guildie of its affects to notice that it works.... why not have a buff for it like fortify or all the other countless gems that show a buff even so when a map has it as a mod ( Players have Elemental Equilibrium ) it still shows up as a buff for that map when it procs! Please tell me your logical sound reasoning for not making it a buff like the rest!.... countless times of taking the node point away because I was not sure if it was working or not and found it pointless to have a point in there because I was not sure! Please I see no reasoning for not having it like a buff like literally all the rest of the buffs in game..... So please make this more definable for other people who may wonder and not have them waist countless hours like I have trying to figure this out...... Thank you for your time!
Last edited by Soaringbird420 on Mar 22, 2018, 12:57:02 PM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 3:22:38 AM
Well its not a buff but a debuff and its not effecting you, but your opponents.

Thats why mobs you hit with elemental damage will indicate they are debuffed by a purple circle around their feet. Thats how you know which ones you hit (and triggered EE) and which ones you missed.

A lot of my build are using EE and I never had trouble to spot the debuffed mobs on the screen.
Its fine as is
Well it is a buff on map mods.....So what is the reasoning for map mods that state Players have EE? and a buff shows up on the screen? that's not a debuff? it sits next to all the other buffs I have not near the debuffs...which include curses and what ever else... try and explain that
Last edited by Soaringbird420 on Mar 22, 2018, 1:08:12 PM
Its just a map mod as you say and except for curses map mods dont show up on the screen.
None of them.

The map mod "Players have EE" isnt necessarily a buff for the player. In fact it´ll be a debuff in most scenarios. Any build thats specialized and built around 1 elemental dmg source will perform worse, if this map mod is active.
But for builds running EE on their tree anyways its a buff, because this map mod doesnt slow them down and they´ll still get quality, quantity and pack size for having this mod on the map.

So EE if is a buff or debuff entirely depends on your build.

Oh maybe you got it wrong :)
"Players have EE" is basically enabling the EE keystone on your characters skilltree for this one map.
It doesnt mean your characters res are being modified by elemental hits from mobs.
"
Orbaal wrote:

[...]

So EE if is a buff or debuff entirely depends on your build.

No, it does not. A Buff has a specific meaning in PoE, it is not just "anything positive affecting your character". There is no situation in which Elemental Equilibrium is a Buff (or a Debuff). The distinction is important because there are other mechanisms in the game which interact specifically with Buffs.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 22, 2018, 2:56:14 PM
Where is my buff icon for culling strike, conduit, Necromantic Aegis, Blood Magic, CI, etc...? For that matter, what about my buff icon for 10% increased physical melee damage? Or +30 strength? I want my Beef Buff!!!

----------------
Why would your stats and passive skills need buff icons? It's just weird.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
All of that was incredibly pointless irrefutable info... not even a good debate as to weather EE should be a buff to let some one know that its working, instead of having to go online and figure out its mechanics to see if its working....
"
All of that was incredibly pointless irrefutable info... not even a good debate as to weather EE should be a buff to let some one know that its working, instead of having to go online and figure out its mechanics to see if its working....

EE is a debuff. It applies a debuff to enemies. When they have the debuff, they get a glowing purple circle around them, so you can tell when it is active. It doesn't make any sense for it to be a buff.

If you think it could be a buff, please explain how? Would it show an icon whenever you had applied EE to at least one enemy? How is that useful info to you? Every time you hit an enemy with elemental damage it will apply anyway so why do you need a buff icon? Is it because you don't know what the indicator looks like on an enemy?.
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 20, 2018, 5:35:31 PM
"
Orbaal wrote:
you got it wrong :)
"Players have EE" is basically enabling the EE keystone on your characters skilltree for this one map.

What are you talking about? Map mods do not "enable Keystones".

"
Orbaal wrote:
It doesnt mean your characters res are being modified by elemental hits from mobs.

It does mean exactly that. "Players have Elemental Equilibrium" means YOU, the player, will be affected by EE when hit with elemental damage. Same goes for "Players have Point Blank", which means YOU, the player, will take a sh*t ton more projectile damage at close range (try Porcupines with Point Blank ;).
Last edited by tomay on Apr 21, 2018, 2:40:13 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:

It does mean exactly that. "Players have Elemental Equilibrium" means YOU, the player, will be affected by EE when hit with elemental damage. Same goes for "Players have Point Blank", which means YOU, the player, will take a sh*t ton more projectile damage at close range (try Porcupines with Point Blank ;).

LMAO no.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info