Reduce the price of MTX's.

"
Grauthrim wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
Short title, sorry, ill explain below.

I have probably over 10k USD worth of MTX

Thank you.

YOU SPENT $10,000 ON THIS GAME!?!?!?!?!? 0.o THAT'S THE DOWNPAYMENT TO A HOUSE 0.o !?!?!?! Jesus Christ.... there are literally starving kids in Africa 0.o

That isn’t a downpayment on a house where I live and I’m not even in an expensive part of my state. The bank would probably laugh at you if you offered to down so little.

It is a lot to spend on a game, but hey it’s his money. Other people spend like that on sports cars. Would you complain to someone who bought a Lamborghini that they should have donated the money to save starving kids in Africa?
MTX price have always be high. Some players can't afford them, some can. It's their buisness model how can you spend 10k and suddenly change mind. what's the difference with the first time you purchased it ?
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
im voicing my concern for the rest of the community who may not have the luxury to spend 4 pizza's on an armour pack that they cannot see on their own class (since MTX is different, even if slightly, on different classes).
Thank you.

Crazy, novel thought here:

Why not let people speak for themselves? I didn't realize one had to be Batman to post on the forums or does that cost money as well?

If people are paying $42 for a set... why would they lower it? That's like asking Apple to reduce their phone costs even though 1000s of people buy it.

LET PEOPLE SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
I spend some money on the game too, not 10k as the OP, more like 400 bucks more or less.
To be honest I'm sometimes angry at myself for buying the packs, but after getting all the needed stuff (tabs) i spent the points on some some skills and boxes mostly.

I'm not the targeted audience too, as beeing from a rather poor country in eastern europe I feel that most people would not be able to afford to buy packs (i just have a really well paid job).

I agree completely that prices for MTX's are to high for most, unless you are from merica, canada, uk and a handful of other countries where spending 50 bucks on armour set it like going to Mcdonalds to buy a burger and coke ie. means nothing.

I for example can say that for that price I could take my wife to a very nice dinner and pay for both, and still have money left in my pocket, thank god i can do both (from time to time) otherwise she would get very, very angry.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Mar 22, 2018, 11:56:26 AM
"
Grauthrim wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

Thank you.

YOU SPENT $10,000 ON THIS GAME!?!?!?!?!? 0.o THAT'S THE DOWNPAYMENT TO A HOUSE 0.o !?!?!?! Jesus Christ.... there are literally starving kids in Africa 0.o

down payment on a pretty darn shitty house....
I dont see any any key!
"
Rippster wrote:
Yeah, it's gotten progressively worse so I imagine the whales are pumping up the prices.

With everything that's going on with this game and GGG, I'm going to throw some support behind one of their competitors. I just don't think GGG cares about the average player anymore and I want to support a company that still does.

This game and this company are just a shadow of what it used to be. It's sad to watch.

GGG doesnt need to care about the average player if that doesn't bring them money.
they targeted the whales.

they don't care about your 10$ here and 10$ there. they care about the op's 10 000$

they have targeted the people who don't mind spending 2000$ to create their own unique item.
they Targeted the people who buy 2 sets of supporter packs just so they can have 2 tigers out.
They targeted the people who buy enough mystery boxes to make the hybrid set.

they targeted the people who's gaming budget for the year is in the 2500-5000$

my 30-60$/league is pennies for them, I'm not the one they will be targeting to fund their next expansion.
"
morbo wrote:
MTX prices are fine-tuned for elite afluent westerners from countries where 15 bucks doesnt even buy you a burger. This model of milking fat whales seems to be working, as OP's 10k investment confirms (thank you, good sir!) :)

MTXes are waay too expensive for almost everyone else. The prices of visual candy are ridiculous in my opinion, that's why I only buy account features. 15 bucks for 6 tabs or for a useless crab pet? It's a no brainer...

I was kinda bothered by these prices too at first, then I realized I'm not the target audience.
the biggest problem is GGG does not even to bother do regional pricing. Not even on those essential QoL upgrades like stash tabs. Pretty much all AAA game developer do regional pricing.

I get it, those flashly good looking MTX isnt essential, GGG can keep those for whales. But stash tabs? A couple of those QoL stash tab could changes the QoL so much. I could get 12 copies of Skyrim base game, or 2 copies of witcher 3 with a just the smallest $30 supporter pack, thats how big the difference is. And it not even enough to buy all the special stash tabs.

If a player arent in those high earning countries, he pretty much have to live with those basic stash tabs or break his wallet.

FYI, I can bring a family of 4-5 to have a round table dinner with $30 2 times.
Last edited by Darkkrows on Mar 22, 2018, 10:26:58 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Grauthrim wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

Thank you.

And there would be even if he hadn't.

I'm seriously starting to doubt your story that you've been here since Closed Beta and that Chris Wilson gave you a key personally. You don't seem to get how any of this works.

wait, sorry Charan i just woke up lol, are you doubting me or the guy who quoted me? :/
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Yeah, I agree. I'm also certain that if they did reduce their prices they would sell a lot more. Pretty simple business sense.
Censored.
mtx prices are from a time where you could see how much somebody supported by seeing the mtx.

with sales, boxes and free giveaways this got obfuscated to the max, now it's just random and high prices will just make people wait for a super duper hyper black weekday sale to purchase it.

the only incenive to spend more money now is time limited mtx but sadly ggg has chosen to only time limit mtx that actually costs them money (challenges).

the only reason left for high mtx prices is their accounting. the more customers the bigger the customer support. 10$ from 100k players doesn't equal 100$ from 10k players, it's less. for even cheaper supporters it's even worse cause credit card fees massively eat into small but big scale transactions.

at a certain time of supporting them it's not about mtx or useless forum titles, it's about giving back something for the fun you had. if you can spare the money.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info