Reduce the price of MTX's.

Short title, sorry, ill explain below.

With the daily release of MTX's which cost a lot to some players, it's a growing concern that GGG is putting their focus too much on thematic MTX's compared to QoL improvements that we've all been asking for for the past year or two.

At the moment, to buy a set, it costs 42 USD, that's essentially a fully priced game, and with the amount of MTX's coming out, it feels like GGG is somewhat milking us for our money, yeah, yeah, i know its optional, blah blah, but if you're driving a shitty ford, and you're heading to work, and you realise everyone else is driving this great looking ferarri, you'd want to get one for yourself, right?

This is similar in PoE, when you log into the game, you see literally every player having MTX, which incentivizes people to buy MTX to look like that.

So reduce the price, you won't lose money, youll perhaps gain money because shits cheaper.

I have probably over 10k USD worth of MTX, im not complaining, but im voicing my concern for the rest of the community who may not have the luxury to spend 4 pizza's on an armour pack that they cannot see on their own class (since MTX is different, even if slightly, on different classes).

That's all. I doubt GGG will listen because this isn't Reddit, but at least we can perhaps have a friendly discussion here.

Thank you.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2018, 2:02:11 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

With the daily release of MTX's which cost a lot to some players, it's a growing concern that GGG is putting their focus too much on thematic MTX's compared to QoL improvements that we've all been asking for for the past year or two.

At the moment, to buy a set, it costs 42 USD, that's essentially a fully priced game, and with the amount of MTX's coming out, it feels like GGG is somewhat milking us for our money, yeah, yeah, i know its optional, blah blah, but if you're driving a shitty ford, and you're heading to work, and you realise everyone else is driving this great looking ferarri, you'd want to get one for yourself, right?

This is similar in PoE, when you log into the game, you see literally every player having MTX, which incentivizes people to buy MTX to look like that.

So reduce the price, you won't lose money, youll perhaps gain money because shits cheaper.

I have probably over 10k USD worth of MTX, im not complaining, but im voicing my concern for the rest of the community who may not have the luxury to spend 4 pizza's on an armour pack that they cannot see on their own class (since MTX is different, even if slightly, on different classes).

That's all. I doubt GGG will listen because this isn't Reddit, but at least we can perhaps have a friendly discussion here.

Thank you.

It's not just worrying. Its an insult. A clear lack of respect to those who have made this company what it is.
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

I have probably over 10k USD worth of MTX

Thank you.

YOU SPENT $10,000 ON THIS GAME!?!?!?!?!? 0.o THAT'S THE DOWNPAYMENT TO A HOUSE 0.o !?!?!?! Jesus Christ.... there are literally starving kids in Africa 0.o
"
Grauthrim wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

I have probably over 10k USD worth of MTX

Thank you.

YOU SPENT $10,000 ON THIS GAME!?!?!?!?!? 0.o THAT'S THE DOWNPAYMENT TO A HOUSE 0.o !?!?!?! Jesus Christ.... there are literally starving kids in Africa 0.o

Luckily there is a government in Africa to deal with that.

Also there are starving kids and adults in every country.

Yes the price of mtx is outrageous in this game.

It puts me off supporting purely out of principle.
I asked before about this and basically got stiff armed in the email's about prices.. like the 55$ pets.. and there's a 120$ pet as well.. which I thought even with how over priced everything else is.. those were way worse examples.. and they said our prices are that way for a reason and wont change... and then no responses after about satisfaction... concern... any actual respect to their consumer at all..it felt to me. so yeah I still buy mtx.. am I happy about it? no.. but hey you have to pay to look nice now in games.. or otherwise your a generic character model with no options or anything.. <3.. Fun.. would have rather shoved out 60$USD to just buy the game and just purchase 2$-10$ cosmetics but hey I guess.. those days are over..
Last edited by Xinglifehard on Mar 22, 2018, 6:24:04 AM
MTX prices are fine-tuned for elite afluent westerners from countries where 15 bucks doesnt even buy you a burger. This model of milking fat whales seems to be working, as OP's 10k investment confirms (thank you, good sir!) :)

MTXes are waay too expensive for almost everyone else. The prices of visual candy are ridiculous in my opinion, that's why I only buy account features. 15 bucks for 6 tabs or for a useless crab pet? It's a no brainer...

I was kinda bothered by these prices too at first, then I realized I'm not the target audience.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
As someone who has put a good amount (nowhere close to yours), I will say that some of the recent prices have been nothing short of interesting, like $26 Cats. Recently with the game going where it is, I haven't bought a full armor set in a really long time, and am unlikely to unless it's on sale.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
morbo wrote:
MTX prices are fine-tuned for elite afluent westerners from countries where 15 bucks doesnt even buy you a burger. This model of milking fat whales seems to be working, as OP's 10k investment confirms (thank you, good sir!) :)

MTXes are waay too expensive for almost everyone else. The prices of visual candy are ridiculous in my opinion, that's why I only buy account features. 15 bucks for 6 tabs or for a useless crab pet? It's a no brainer...

I was kinda bothered by these prices too at first, then I realized I'm not the target audience.

This is it

If you are not the target audience, move along.
I've spent around 400$ in 4 years and I'm not the target audience.

I buy the utilities (stash tabs and the currency/essece/map etc... tabs)
I also buy the 30$ supporter packs each league.
You are not paying for MTX...
You're contributing financially to keep the game you play running and evolving! (and then get some MTX as a reward)
Reducing the MTX prices doesn't make financial sense for GGG. There are plenty of both cheap and expensive ones, and you can pick which you want... depending on how much you've supported the free game you play!
Yeah, it's gotten progressively worse so I imagine the whales are pumping up the prices.

With everything that's going on with this game and GGG, I'm going to throw some support behind one of their competitors. I just don't think GGG cares about the average player anymore and I want to support a company that still does.

This game and this company are just a shadow of what it used to be. It's sad to watch.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info