How can this game run soo porly

Turn off my x-box, the fustration is to big. Every time i open a breach, beyond pops, open up a chest ect ect the resolution drops to 240p, major slow down, lag spikes and desync. Played consol for many years but rarely have i seen such a bad job on the coding. Even zoning betwen areas have major isues, you have to stand still for 10 sec befor my inv,skills,pots ect is updated on my telly. Lots of times i can hear ingame music and how the mobs is baching me and im still on loading screen and killed when i enter the game map. I tryed the white map eldre, on pc i can get this guy down pretty easy, on my xbox the hole fight is just a big blure of slowdown, lag and reselution drop to the point where after 6 maps used i turn off the BS.

I got 100/50 internet connection and dont have thise isues on any of the other 300 xbox games i own.
I know its a free game, lots still pay expensive supporter packs every 3-4 month.
Last bumped on May 7, 2018, 6:43:48 PM
I've have these exact same issues.
I assume with a game like this there is a lot the console has to process.
Mine slows to single digits FPS and it led to me ditching Molten Strike after about level 30, the game handles it so poorly and the spec's dropping like they do worries me the game may crash or freeze.
It's literally starts/stops in maps especially with a breach or abyss, like someone is pushing the pause button on the game every second, stuttering to the ninth degree.
...this escalated quickly.
Last edited by thMadHatter83 on Apr 4, 2018, 11:41:17 AM
This is a feature of Path of Exile, in which the resolution drops so it can keep frames at/around/as close to 60 frames as possible.

If you don't want to deal with that, as it cannot be turned off on the Xbox One console port, try upgrading to the Xbox One X, as it is far more powerful and you're probably more than likely to see it happen a lot less, transition to the PC as the option exists to turn it off there, or use a build that creates far less particles.
"
Peden wrote:
Turn off my x-box, the fustration is to big. Every time i open a breach, beyond pops, open up a chest ect ect the resolution drops to 240p, major slow down, lag spikes and desync. Played consol for many years but rarely have i seen such a bad job on the coding. Even zoning betwen areas have major isues, you have to stand still for 10 sec befor my inv,skills,pots ect is updated on my telly. Lots of times i can hear ingame music and how the mobs is baching me and im still on loading screen and killed when i enter the game map. I tryed the white map eldre, on pc i can get this guy down pretty easy, on my xbox the hole fight is just a big blure of slowdown, lag and reselution drop to the point where after 6 maps used i turn off the BS.

I got 100/50 internet connection and dont have thise isues on any of the other 300 xbox games i own.
I know its a free game, lots still pay expensive supporter packs every 3-4 month.

The issue isn't the game, it's the Xbox. If you upgrade to an Xbox One X, you will see less resolution drops, you will have little to no load times. As for the lag spikes & desync, that is something that GGG needs to work on.

If you can't afford to upgrade, I strongly recommend getting a SSD and put PoE on your SSD. This will decrease your loading times SIGNIFICANTLY.
Last edited by Ant___ on Apr 5, 2018, 11:40:36 AM
i'd sooner have longer load times than the stuttering i get when entering lab or town or hideout. That and the screen-tearing are the two most noticeable performance issues to me at this point. Would love to see them cleared up. The big resolution drops seem to have stopped with the patch before this one.
Last edited by DownOffThatHorse on Apr 6, 2018, 8:15:58 AM
I agree 100% I upgraded to 'Xbox One X' and the game plays amazing in 4k. No lag and load times are super fast.

With that said do not play Flicker Strike builds on Xbox at all dsync still bad. GGG needs to fix.
because it's a console
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
We all know that the consoles are already outdated, but that does not mean that everyone has to get xbox one X, and also that GGG has to create an identical version of the PC version, Ctrl C + Ctrl V.
If we have a platform inferrior and outdated, we will think differently, we will try to create proxies of the quandity of things that appears on the screen.
An example would be to reduce the amount of creatures in very heavy maps, we will generate more drop of these maps, so that we can make those maps more often.
There are several ways to solve problems, it just can not happen that GGG passes league after league accumulating bugs and poorly optimized processes.
"
stark_47 wrote:
We all know that the consoles are already outdated, but that does not mean that everyone has to get xbox one X, and also that GGG has to create an identical version of the PC version, Ctrl C + Ctrl V.
If we have a platform inferrior and outdated, we will think differently, we will try to create proxies of the quandity of things that appears on the screen.
An example would be to reduce the amount of creatures in very heavy maps, we will generate more drop of these maps, so that we can make those maps more often.
There are several ways to solve problems, it just can not happen that GGG passes league after league accumulating bugs and poorly optimized processes.

You are right, they should have cheated with some details to adapt to the fairly weak xbox one.
Seen youtube videos where xbox one and s got less details than playstation because xbox one s is just weaker.
poe seems to be the only game that went full out on the graphics for xbox one/s.
But sadly i cant se why they would ever bother adapting this now when xbox one x is out.
The game runs like shit thanks to inept devs who are only concerned with how much money they can milk from their playerbase which is why the game has been plagued with the same issues since alpha.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info