Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

The League Mechanic actually just keeps getting worse the longer you play

The league mechanic is completely unplayable until GGG makes a way for us to quickly purge our menagerie of unwanted beasts. You keep capturing and capturing and eventually all of the cages are full and you have no idea wtf to do because there aren't enough good recipes that are worth using right away.

I actually thought the league mechanic was cute and fun until I realized how quickly I was filling up *so damn many* of my cages. Now I'm disgusted that I can't get rid of these stupid beasts. Einhar is such a piece of shit, capturing beasts but silently refusing to put them in cages because the cages are full.

Mind you, the league as a whole is something I've been acknowledging problems in all along--maps are too empty, not enough fun engagement, legendary beasts should be happening more like once a map, etc. But the core mechanic idea is something I enjoyed. I also like some of the recipes.

But it's just... unplayable now. It takes way too much goddamn effort to just clear out unwanted beasts. They need to make ways to just purge arbitrary beasts quickly. looking for the fastest recipe to get rid of my shit-tier rhoas without burning any legendary ones is NOT FUN.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 21, 2018, 11:16:26 AM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2018, 11:51:43 AM
Seems are simply too many high end rewards for there to be too many red beasts, and not enough useful rewards to warrant more basic ones.
I literally only care about legendary beasts and craicic presence now. They're the only ones that are worth capturing.

I would also be happy with random recipes that were "4 arbitrary beasts: get an alteration orb" and "4 rare beasts: get an alchemy orb". Anything to _fucking get rid of these useless beasts asap_.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 21, 2018, 11:20:04 AM
I hate the entire concept of this league. It's messy and feels like a completely different game.
I still like the concept! Honestly! But it is literally the worst-implemented league I have ever even heard of, much less played. I have never been this frustrated with path of exile in my almost 4 years of playing it.
I actually agree with you here OP.

The only way to remove used "beast slots" is to go craft a ton of "stuff"

Easy to do and takes five minutes, but still, tedious.

The problem is that only higher tier beasts replace others, so if you want to capture a "new" lower tier beast, you must have room.

Design oversight perhaps, and certainly annoying, but it can be address by just running a bunch of junk recipes.
OCEANIC EXILES https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/581434
The issue is that you need to figure out what junk recipes to use! There aren't enough generic junk recipes. I have 10 different cages full right now--I have to constantly switch back from my bestiary to the blood altar just to fucking figure out how to get rid of as many junk rares as possible without using anything actually worthwhile.
yeah it is incredibly frustrating as your menagerie fills with high level trash beasts that u dont need, and u cant replace them with low lvl ones that u need. They need to fix this asap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info