Currency vs Nets

I heard someone saying that instead of monsters/bosses droping currency like alchemy/fusing/... they drop nets. What do u think about that? Because atleast for me farming alchemy or fusing is hard... i have 600chromatics/390Jewellers... but bad luck with those currency only 40fusings and 44alchemy... even chaos i get more.

Or u get these stuffs more from higher tier maps?
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2018, 1:55:39 PM
Easy to test... so it probably has been. Run areas in Standard. Run areas in Bestiary. Keep records. Do some basic stats. Should be obvious.

The rational people are saying that they believe it's just the removal of the mob packs from the recent leagues that give people the feeling they are getting less drops and blaming the current mechanics rather than the lack of previous ones. They could use statistics too.

But that takes effort. We're shit out of effort.
They recently clarified that net drops were not replacing regular currency drops.

Only reason people are struggling with sustaining alchs etc is most likely what Shags said. This league doesnt have a lot of extra mobs so you're just killing a lot less mobs than the previous few leagues and so our expectation is higher.

~Myth

Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2108576
That's where I miss those Abyss'. They were great for getting a nice chain of mobs and loot. I wasn't around for Breach league, but when I come across a breach they are a blast! More mobs please!
After Chris went on Ziz' stream, claiming Abyss monsters do not drop maps, I don't know what to think about their statements these days.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I always take their statement with a grain of salt.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
"
Phrazz wrote:
After Chris went on Ziz' stream, claiming Abyss monsters do not drop maps, I don't know what to think about their statements these days.

This was actually a pretty good sign in my book. It means he's moved on to other projects.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This was actually a pretty good sign in my book. It means he's moved on to other projects.

Ok.

In my book, this speaks towards a man that clearly makes mistakes. Should almost think he was human. Anyhow, both Abyss monsters and Abyss troves can drop maps. Him claiming otherwise, just shows us that they CAN be wrong about coding issues like this, the same as they can be wrong about currency/nets.

In both cases, they "double checked the code".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
All I can really say is this:

I have two currency tabs (one is for daily currency) and I play 12 hours a day minimum (sometimes a lot more) every day of the league and achieve 40 challenges by mid-league usually.

I have noticed my currency daily totals are very similar if not identical to last league. I do not see any real change in alchemy orbs and I am picking up the exact things as I always do (vendoring uniques and such).

Given I play daily, my sample size of every league (since Prophecy) to this one is a fair indicator in my mind as to my daily currency totals for each "thing" I pick up, and I cannot say with any certainty if there has been any change at all.
OCEANIC EXILES https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/581434
I don't know jack about the actual "drop mechanics" of the game. But I can certainly say like many others that I'm poor this league. Like really really poor. I don't like to waste my playtime trying to figure out pricing on items that are typically not worth much to begin with. A.K.A trade simulator tactics. I'd much rather be out beating up waves of mobs and killing bosses.

In Abyss we had something extra drop, sure. But think about this now. Most of the time, the "eyes" came out of troves or off the abyss mobs themselves. In this league the nets drop off just about anything and everything. Trash mobs, bosses,and chests/pottery etc.

There are how many different net types? I wanna say 8 or so, including Necro nets? There doesn't need to be that many. That's the first thing. Hell ya got 2 types that are for 64 and 68+ mobs! Isn't that the same damn thing? Anyway, putting all this into the RNG forumla for any given drop off any given mob etc. Means less chance for currency imo.

Perhaps if you play 12 hours a day and have 2 currency tabs (like another poster here. /Rolls eyes) Then yes, perhaps over time with that much playing your not going to see too much of a difference. But for the rest of us doing maybe 2-4 hours a night, it's very noticeable. Don't get me started on map drops and the lack of 3=1 mechanic on certain maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info