3.2 Flame Totem Hierophant 546k Shaper DPS (w/ 4 Totems)

General: Why Flame Totem?
I had a flame totem skin I really wanted to use.

Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/6LJa7gS0

Pastebin for what a sample Lvl 100 version of this character would look like
https://pastebin.com/bH7cPhbw

Youtube Video of General Red Tier Mapping + Guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3EhHm_OShM (please read the pinned comment and the description for a small edit i made)

This is just sample damage of a pretty buffed flame totem (singular totem dps).

Gear?

Main Links
1) Flame Totem, Fire Pen., Inc. Crit Strikes, Controlled Destruction,
Faster Casting, Elemental Focus

2) Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Swift Affliction, Less Duration

3) CWDT, Molten Shell, Firestorm, Life Leech <- Remove Firestorm+Life Leech from this link since I forgot that Ancestral Bond prevents damage from outside sources. Sorry for this inconvenience.

4) CWDT, Vaal Haste, Inc. Duration, Immortal Call

5) Summon Lightning Golem, Minion Life Supp, Faster Casting

6) Herald of Ash, Clarity

Why didn't you pick up Light of Divinity?
Too many nodes to get and only so many skill points. If I pushed the character past 91, I would get it.

Bandit?
Alira

Pantheon?
I used Brine King and Yugul

How's the wave clear?
Eh it's okay, it's not gonna be the fastest since it is flame totem.

Expensive?
Hardly. Even a lvl 21 flame totem with 0 quality only cost 10 chaos. The most expensive thing here is the 6L chest which was 99c when I bought it. This character should be around a 3-4ex budget.

Last edited by asphyxiaPOE on Mar 19, 2018, 10:47:06 PM
Last bumped on May 4, 2018, 4:21:34 PM
hey is Infernal Mantle useable in this build ?
i got one with 6lick
or do i get trouble with all res?

btw nice build
"

hey is Infernal Mantle useable in this build ?
i got one with 6lick
or do i get trouble with all res?

btw nice build

Yes, Infernal Mantle is fine!
Just wondering:

3) CWDT, Molten Shell, Firestorm, Life Leech

Why life leech? Did I miss something or wouldn't you be leeching anything since you got ancestral bond and won't do damage?
What about Void Battery? i'm running with a dual VB and still leveling my gems, but i can't get as high dps as you. Maybe i need to change my gem links
"
Just wondering:

3) CWDT, Molten Shell, Firestorm, Life Leech

Why life leech? Did I miss something or wouldn't you be leeching anything since you got ancestral bond and won't do damage?

Ah yeah I totally forgot about that. Thanks for this reminder. I completely forgot about that. I will make changes accordingly in this post to remove the "Firestorm + Life Leech" part of this build. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!
"
What about Void Battery? i'm running with a dual VB and still leveling my gems, but i can't get as high dps as you. Maybe i need to change my gem links

Void Batteries were too expensive for me early in the league since I wasn't getting currency at all. Perhaps a viable choice, but the proj speed mod from regular rare wands are really good imo.
"
"

Void Batteries were too expensive for me early in the league since I wasn't getting currency at all. Perhaps a viable choice, but the proj speed mod from regular rare wands are really good imo.

Also i need to ask you where are you getting extra projectiles, because my current gem setup is Increase Projectile Speed- GMP - Faster casting - Fire Penetration - Flame Totem - Elemental Focus (Taking into consideration that Projectile Speed and GMP gives 10% cast speed with 20q)
"
Also i need to ask you where are you getting extra projectiles, because my current gem setup is Increase Projectile Speed- GMP - Faster casting - Fire Penetration - Flame Totem - Elemental Focus (Taking into consideration that Projectile Speed and GMP gives 10% cast speed with 20q)

Flame Totem provides 2 additional projectiles at lvl 9+. 2 additional projectiles + 1 original projectile = 3 projectiles.
Hi Masayume2. Interested in this build, fire totems seem to be pretty much ignored lately. I have a flame totem crit build on a chieftan but i think it has past it's use by date. You can check him out BiggassDickus. What i want you to do if possible - big ask - is to recommend that i swap all my gear over to a Hierophant or not? My HO dps is around the same as yours at 130k but the thing is you have 4 totems and i have only 3. Also could i get 5 totems by using Tukohama's or would the rare shield be better.
Appreciated and thanks for generating a bit of interest into flame totems again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info