I feel the addition of Sin's post-Innocence fight green text dialogue is a mistake.

It was a bit difficult to explain what I meant in the title while keeping it brief; I'm not sure when it was added in, but Sin now exclaims something similar to "Innocence!" and "I will save you and you alone!" right after Innocence is defeated, before you speak to him.

Personally, I do think this ruins the extreme, abrupt shift in atmosphere of the boss fight to the calm, softly spoken Sin and background silence (or very quiet background music?). Doubly so if you read the lore pieces before the fight, and your expectations are totally flipped.

Hearing the almost ear ringing silence after the loud and visually impressive Innocence fight and hearing Sin introduce himself in a calm tone and turning my understanding of the character (from the stained glass lore) into an apparent lie was probably my favorite moment in the game, and I think it was really, really well done. It sincerely left a huge impression on me immediately. Now.... not really so much. In my opinion, the yelling doesn't really immediately differentiate him from other NPC's and it turns an abrupt contrast into any other segue.

I don't mean to be rude, just my thoughts. I'm of course a bit disappointed with the change but oh well. I do sincerely hope it's changed back, though.
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2018, 6:04:16 AM
He says the name of the god and a little sentance after every god fight now. It's...kinda weird.
"
Shimaran wrote:
He says the name of the god and a little sentance after every god fight now. It's...kinda weird.

I haven't noticed this yet, I'm going through this league so slowly. I'm curious to see, though!

But yes, totally what I think what made Sin so cool as a character was the relative calm collective quietness of him.
Yes, quite to the contrary - I find that this adds a really good atmosphere.

IMHO, it's the end of the storyline that's bad - Sin and Innocence aren't adequately explained after all. But, hey, there's always future expansions... ;) I'm sure we'll be going to fetch Innocence from the South Pole, eventually, having to kill Cthulhu in the process... No, wait, the Brine King was Cthulhu. Yog-Sothoth, maybe? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info