Is the audio of 3.0 ready?

Back when 3.0 was released, we were told that the audio part of the expansion wouldn't be ready any time soon. More specifically:

* The new soundtrack for the later chapters wouldn't be ready by the time of 3.0's release

* The dialogue lines for the playable characters wouldn't be ready either, and those would likely require recasting some characters, so they would take a very long time

I'm waiting for both those things before I return to Path of Exile. Are they ready, or not yet?
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2018, 2:26:42 PM
Most of Act 6 music is done but we still have a long way before all areas in the Part 2 have their own music. It takes a lot of time and there is only one (although very good at it) person at GGG making it.

About dialogue lines, they have to get the good actors, or else they have to re-act all lines since the beginning (like they did with Zana).
I gave up on those regretfuly. Not a top priority for GGG it seems.
There's a few dialogue lines that don't have audio still, but I think that's a bug or accidental omission, all the characters as such are voiced... Though I preferred the old voices for many of them. The new Zana is quite OK, for example, you barely notice the change, but the new Silk is terrible. :(
"
Ora9 wrote:
There's a few dialogue lines that don't have audio still, but I think that's a bug or accidental omission, all the characters as such are voiced... Though I preferred the old voices for many of them. The new Zana is quite OK, for example, you barely notice the change, but the new Silk is terrible. :(

I like the voice for new Silk. It sounds funny and weird like he is supposed to be :)
"
Nikuksis wrote:
"
Ora9 wrote:

I like the voice for new Silk. It sounds funny and weird like he is supposed to be :)

Eh, a matter of taste, then. To me, it sounds like a comedy actor playing Silk - overdramatising for no reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info