[BOTW Submission] [3.2] Crit Incinerate CWC Ball Lightning Fire Burst Inquisitor

What's up!

This build is highly gear dependent in order to work, but it uses underappreciated skills and enables you to facetank most of the game's content. The concept is simple; ES gained on hit, Life gained on hit with spells, tons of hits, tons of fire burst procs, tons of damage.

VIDEOS

Minotaur Run (level 85. Might have to re-record this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g9beoCQIsI

Phoenix Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMsx4bU_r9o

More videos coming soon...

GEAR

Spoiler

Mandatory items:

Cooldown Recovery items
Because of how many things rely on trigger cooldowns in this build, it's rather important to get cooldown recovery boots and belt. To be clear, cooldown recovery affects;
- CWC cooldown
- Fire Burst cooldown
- CWDT cooldown
- Ball Lightning's hit per second per target cooldown

Crit Chest
Getting a crit chest is quite crucial since incinerate has no base crit chance.

Fire Burst wand or sceptre
This is an integral part of your damage.

Life gained on hit with spells rings
This is ALL of your life sustain. Preferably having one of those rings with assassin's mark on hit as well. (I got mine for 3 ex so please don't post about how this is unobtainable lol)

ES gained on hit Watcher's eye
This is ALL of your ES sustain

Ball Lightning helm enchant
Not quite as mandatory, but definitely useful for high end boss kills.

Flasks

The Shaper flask is honestly just quality of life. If you want that extra facetanking power, I'd go for a bismuth or a rumi's.

Diamond flask should be rolled with curse immunity so that you're never bothered by curses in maps.

Tree/Pantheon/Bandits/PoB
PoB info;
Account name: SimpleSim45
Character Name: HarleyCues
PoB Link with Shaper configs: https://pastebin.com/tZ0HBZM9
Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqDFIOSA_EES0RLxFQEZYWbxa_GjgagRzcHRQfGCL0JpUnLyoLKwosnDLROtg7fDwFQZZFR0WdSVFMs1F0UftSKVNSVUtVrlXGVeBYWl3yXyph4mSdZlRo8mpDbAttGXBSfEt8g35Zf8aCm4PbhXuJ04uMjDaOZI8aj0aP-pBVkm6TJ5UulnSaO5rgnHuf36EvogCio6aZpwinK6i5rrO2-rjKuZO8VrzqvorAZsCawcXDCc0W0B_Q9dJ81abZ_Nrd42rr5Ovu6_XsOO087WHvfO_r8B_w1fId96b53frS?accountName=Simplesim45&characterName=HarleyCues

Pantheon:
Major: Soul of the Brine King
Minor: Soul of Tukohama

Bandit:
Help Alira.

LINKS

Incinerate -> Cast While Channeling -> Ball Lightning -> Increased Critical Strikes -> Greater Multiple Projectiles/Slower Projectiles -> Elemental Focus/Controlled Destruction
Self-explanatory 6L. The Ele Focus/Cont. Dest. option is up for debate. Ele focus is more upfront damage, cont. Dest. allows shocks to happen. PoB isn't really helpful here since setting "shocked" in configs seems to set that extra damage taken to 50%.

CWDT (lvl 1) -> Ball Lightning -> Firestorm -> Greater Multiple Projectiles
This serves as a heal bot. You could afk in a pack of mobs and survive while getting kills from Fire Burst.

Elemental Focus/Cont. Dest. -> Increased Critical Strikes -> Concentrated Effect
This is your Fire Burst setup.

Lightning Warp -> Less Duration -> Faster Casting -> Swift Affliction
Movement skill setup.

Clarity -> Discipline -> Arctic Armour
Auras.

CWDT -> Molten Shell -> Glacial Cascade -> Bladefall
Honestly anything you want can go here, it doesn't really matter. Whatever helps you get more hits means you'll get more healing.

MAP MODS

To avoid:
No regen
Ele reflect

Annoying:
Pretty much nothing...

CONCLUSION

If you've been looking for a reason to play incinerate or ball lightning, this is it. You look at this and you think...nah there's no way this really works. But it does. And it's fun!
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Mar 13, 2018, 10:32:45 AM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2018, 5:01:27 PM
Bump
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

Pantheon:
Will check when I get home...

My suggestions:

Major gods:
Soul of Solaris vs boss
Soul of Lunaris other

Minor gods:
Soul of Gruthkul or Tukohama...

I like builds with so uncommon skills and still OP. Some disadventage can be that mandatory items (or mods of that items to be more specific...), which are rare and/or expensive.

Anyway will try this in 3.2 for sure!
"
pritus90 wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

Pantheon:
Will check when I get home...

My suggestions:

Major gods:
Soul of Solaris vs boss
Soul of Lunaris other

Minor gods:
Soul of Gruthkul or Tukohama...

I like builds with so uncommon skills and still OP. Some disadventage can be that mandatory items (or mods of that items to be more specific...), which are rare and/or expensive.

Anyway will try this in 3.2 for sure!

It's a good second build for league I'd say.
Few questions...

1. Why Incinerate over Lightning Tendrils, with its 6% base crit?
2. Is wand neccessary? No dagger because of Fire Burst? Hell, even claw - Cybil's Paw would be nice for sustain...
3. Speaking of Fire Burst, can it be replaced with other spells, is it essential for the build?
4. Does 30% CDR really make such a difference when cooldowns are that short anyway?
5. Can Ele Equilibrium be fitted in somehow?
"
IANVS wrote:
Few questions...

1. Why Incinerate over Lightning Tendrils, with its 6% base crit?
2. Is wand neccessary? No dagger because of Fire Burst? Hell, even claw - Cybil's Paw would be nice for sustain...
3. Speaking of Fire Burst, can it be replaced with other spells, is it essential for the build?
4. Does 30% CDR really make such a difference when cooldowns are that short anyway?
5. Can Ele Equilibrium be fitted in somehow?

1. Tendrils is clunky. When they fix the stop to cast, I'll use it. Also incinerate scales better with projectile since I change GMP for slower proj.
2. Yes. You get more damage from a wand than cybil's.
3. Fire burst is an incredibly high source of damage with this build.
4. Everything in this build is cooldown based as explained in the original post. If you can get CDR, it's like getting "more" damage.
5. No. Crits IGNORE resists, nothing related to resists is going to matter.
Arctic Armour should be definetly replaced with Enlighten.

What u wanted to reach by corrupting gloves and belt?

No implicit mod on gloves? Spell damage or some enchantment would be nice addition (dunno which one is better...)

Stygian Vise would be better for additional jewel slot, but with CR it's extremly expensive, so I understand why u do not even mentioned it ^^

Where is chest in gear section?

Still waiting for Pantheon.
"
pritus90 wrote:
Arctic Armour should be definetly replaced with Enlighten.

What u wanted to reach by corrupting gloves and belt?

No implicit mod on gloves? Spell damage or some enchantment would be nice addition (dunno which one is better...)

Stygian Vise would be better for additional jewel slot, but with CR it's extremly expensive, so I understand why u do not even mentioned it ^^

Where is chest in gear section?

Still waiting for Pantheon.

Added chest.
Added pantheons.
Arctic Armour is a must in this build. It's a stationary build that wants to facetank. This is the best choice.
These gloves were made and corrupted before the lab even existed. It's just what I had laying around. I also never find any glove enchant useful so I did not really care.
Getting a cooldown stygian is not possible as of 3.2 and I didn't want to display this build as something you can't make on league.
I wanted ele weakness on hit for gloves a long time ago.
I wanted anything but that base's implicit on belt. I'm likely going to remake a belt with a different base once I feel like it.
Thanks for update.

There was some misunderstanding...I meant changing Enlighten Support gem with Arctic Armour as u mentioned in thread:

"

Clarity -> Discipline -> Enlighten (might not even need Enlighten to be honest)
Auras. This is still tentative. I am very likely going to replace Enlighten with Arctic Armour now that I've solved my mana problems.

Now on flask section u have boots and shield. Only diamond, life and ruby flasks appear.

Have some another question.

Why in gear section your chests have Controlled Destruction Support gem? Shouldn't there be Elemental Focus Support?

"
pritus90 wrote:
Thanks for update.

There was some misunderstanding...I meant changing Enlighten Support gem with Arctic Armour as u mentioned in thread:

"

Clarity -> Discipline -> Enlighten (might not even need Enlighten to be honest)
Auras. This is still tentative. I am very likely going to replace Enlighten with Arctic Armour now that I've solved my mana problems.

Now on flask section u have boots and shield. Only diamond, life and ruby flasks appear.

Have some another question.

Why in gear section your chests have Controlled Destruction Support gem? Shouldn't there be Elemental Focus Support?

Concerning that last point, I tried both gems and realized the tiny bit of dps loss from controlled destruction is gained back with shocks and it has proven to edge out ele focus slightly.

I'll adjust the original post for the other things. It seems when I originally linked the items it bugged out a little.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Mar 7, 2018, 2:36:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info