Easier to fuse 5 link with 6 slot than with 5 slot?

"
piotras wrote:
is it really easier?

Got myself a high level rare 6 socket ES chest so I thought I'll fuse it to get a 5 link before I go on to do maps with this char, I didn't even dream of a 6-link, but I thought that a 5-link shouldn't be that hard If I already got 6 sockets.

After burning through all my currency I've made a new build that I've planned to use for orb-farming (and make it at least a bit less boring, because as I lvl up I need to change farming spot rather than farm docks merci till my eyes bleed).

Weeks pass, turn all my rares (i.e. via alterations shards) and currency into fusing and still no 5-link.

And on the other end i decided a couple of weeks ago to use few fusing on my 5 socket Quil Rain, just for the heck of it and 5 linked it with the first try :)
"An it harm none, do what you will"
Yay, for you. Still, I find that the disparity between spending 1 fuse and loosing all your generated wealth just shows how badly this needs a change.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
this is very old topic.
Yes, you have better chances at rolling 5L on a 6S config than on a 5s config.
"
mobutu wrote:
this is very old topic.

Your point being? If I make another one some other smartass will pop up saying that there was a topic on it and why did I start a new one.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
"
mobutu wrote:
this is very old topic.
Yes, you have better chances at rolling 5L on a 6S config than on a 5s config.

Old it is, however, I really don't think you do.

Theory tells me no; regardless of the extra socket and therefore extra permutation of 5 link, while there are two possible ways that 4 linkages will result in a 5 link, there are 3 ways which it will fail.

Practice tells me HELL NO!!! The above mentioned 3 permutations of 4 linkages in a 6 soc which don't give a 5L are so damned common.

While we have to take the theory lightly because we don't know how things are weighted, we can take the practice with extreme weight and indeed permutations are weighted in some strange way. For me, practice shows 5Ling a 6 soc to be more fuse consuming than 5Ling a 5 soc.

Of course, the possibility of a 6L hands down puts a 6 soc as the best method to use.

It's worth noting, also, a 6 soc item resulting in an inverted 5L appears to be far rarer than a 'normal, from the top' 5L.

For example, I search for Lioneye's with 6 socs min/max, 5Ls min/max.

36 results are returned.

I get 31 linked from top and only 5 linked from the bottom.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 3, 2013, 12:46:14 PM
Hi

There needs to be more configurations, I have written this before. It is total BS trying to link a 5l if it doesn't have 6s might as well roll 6s then roll 5l, BS mechanics at work which can be fixed by adding more configurations= more chances.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info