Does mana on spectres matter?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Enemies don't have mana.
Therefore they don't need (or use) mana leech.
Enemies definitely do have and need mana. I don't think there are any enemies currently with mana leech, but it wouldn't surprise me much.
"
raics wrote:
It's a percentage of damage done, it doesn't actually drain target's mana (which would actually render it useless versus monsters).
This part is true - mana leech doesn't remove the enemy's mana, it gives you mana based on the damage done to the enemy.

I wanna qoute a conversation i found in another thread and for my particulare build i am interested in knowing if using rallying cry for some certain spectre types would matter in the case of mana regen?

They do have mana.. but is it ever a problem?

Quote is from thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114229
Last edited by Anubis2108 on Feb 22, 2018, 5:00:06 PM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2018, 5:05:47 PM
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Enemies don't have mana.
Therefore they don't need (or use) mana leech.
Enemies definitely do have and need mana. I don't think there are any enemies currently with mana leech, but it wouldn't surprise me much.
"
raics wrote:
It's a percentage of damage done, it doesn't actually drain target's mana (which would actually render it useless versus monsters).
This part is true - mana leech doesn't remove the enemy's mana, it gives you mana based on the damage done to the enemy.

I wanna qoute a conversation i found in another thread and for my particulare build i am interested in knowing if using rallying cry for some certain spectre types would matter in the case of mana regen?

They do have mana.. but is it ever a problem?

Quote is from thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114229

Is it a problem? Blood Apes (I think it is, one of 'em anyway) use mana to cast their charge-giving spell, and are rate-limited by it. If you give them a blood magic support they will spam it way faster, then die.

So, clearly we have at least one case where mana is the limiting factor in the ability of a specter to use their spell. Is it a problem in that case? Probably not, I'd say, but YMMV.

Does it matter for caster-oriented specters? IDK, I never bothered to find out. The DPS gain from more frequent casting is highly unlikely to beat out the additional damage from a DPS support gem on anything I used.

Though the TV change to fix the bug where they would cast their totem summon three times in a row, even if they could have only one totem out, and I believe Mark mentioned mana waste when talking about that. So IDK, maybe it did there, but probably only due to the bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info