How to Farm Elder Vise....

As the title already spoken for itself..

I am just a standard league player and the elder vise with item lv 81 is like 100Ex!
I dont know whether it's really worth that much.. but anyway I am trying to farm it for a about a week now...still I have get what I desired..

Basically I just farm the elder map and hope the abyss monster would drop me a vise.... Is that the only way ? As the league ending.. I am getting desperate.

Maybe I will just sell my stuff and buy one for like 100E...
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2018, 3:41:58 PM
The only reason why they are 100 ex right now is because they can only be found in Abyss league. All of the Vises in Standard are from people playing HC Abyss that have died on purpose or otherwise to bring league items into standard before the end of the league.

Wait 5 days until Abyss merges with standard and you will be able to buy one. It was still be expensive but much less than 100 ex.
But why the price will drop.. I guess your reasoning is that there will be more vise because people from HC will also sell it.

However I fear there are more demand in standard league...so that will push the price..
I dont know man..
"
ChaoticLlama wrote:
The only reason why they are 100 ex right now is because they can only be found in Abyss league. All of the Vises in Standard are from people playing HC Abyss that have died on purpose or otherwise to bring league items into standard before the end of the league.

Wait 5 days until Abyss merges with standard and you will be able to buy one. It was still be expensive but much less than 100 ex.

i am afraid to say that this guy is incorrect

you might get super lucky with an idiot selling one for less than 100ex but that will be quite unlikely.. the few that exist will be crafted to mirror services or the others who have them will craft for their own builds (a large percentage will rot away in std remove only tabs)
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
I am just a standard league player and the elder vise with item lv 81 is like 100Ex!
I dont know whether it's really worth that much.. but anyway I am trying to farm it for a about a week now...still I have get what I desired..

If it was reasonable to get one in a week of play, do you think people would be selling them for 100 ex?

To answer your actual question, yes, the only way to get an Elder Stygian Vise is as a random drop from Abyss mobs in an Elder-influenced map. I am not sure if the drops from an Abyssal Trove can spawn as Elder/Shaper, somebody would have to confirm that. But an Abyssal Depths that spawn in an Elder-influenced map does not count as an Elder-influenced area, and thus can not drop Elder items. If all you are looking for are Elder items, you can skip doing the Depths.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 21, 2018, 6:03:52 PM
"
D3izhistory wrote:
"
ChaoticLlama wrote:

i am afraid to say that this guy is incorrect

you might get super lucky with an idiot selling one for less than 100ex but that will be quite unlikely.. the few that exist will be crafted to mirror services or the others who have them will craft for their own builds (a large percentage will rot away in std remove only tabs)

Thanks for pointing that out. I was wrong, Elder Vises are extremely rare, and can no longer drop in the game so this post is a little irrelevant now.

You needed to find Abysses in T14 or T15 maps with Elder influence, and have one of the random mobs from the cracks drop a Vise that would have a small chance of being Elder influenced. AFAIK Elder items cannot drop from Troves, and the depths do not have elder influence and therefore cannot drop any elder items.

So they started expensive, and will continue to increase in price.
The best bet is to buy a mirror service for the one you want I suppose.
"
ChaoticLlama wrote:
AFAIK Elder items cannot drop from Troves

I had an Elder item drop from a breakable barrel-kinda thingy, so they can definitely drop from containers in general. I don't know whether Abyssal Troves are a specific exception, I've never heard about anything like that from a verifiable source.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
ChaoticLlama wrote:
AFAIK Elder items cannot drop from Troves

I had an Elder item drop from a breakable barrel-kinda thingy, so they can definitely drop from containers in general. I don't know whether Abyssal Troves are a specific exception, I've never heard about anything like that from a verifiable source.

elder items can drop from troves, ive seen it personally however i have not seen a elder or shaped vise specifically drop from one

as far as elder specific vises for those in std who want one, i created a mirror thread and will continue to add and modify the list of those available for mirror service over time, seems to be an average of 200-400 ex per belt to get it to the stage of mirror worthiness (in terms of vises) so this list will grow slowly

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092680

there are others out there ofcourse but i believe i have the largest supply and variance atm
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Last edited by D3izhistory on Feb 27, 2018, 3:43:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info