So I lost like 30 lbs recently no big deal or anything

Just watch out I might steal yo girl. But anyways I actually have at least one problem. When I sit down in my chair even though I have washboard abs nowadays, I still get belly rolls on my stomach from when I was a heavier exile. My father warned me not to lose too much weight too fast or that would happen, but I guess I accidentally did. What do?

Oh I lost 30 lbs in two months. I wasn't starving myself or anything like that. I just changed to low carb diet and lost a bunch of weight from that. I was eating like 200-250 calories every 4 hours, keeping the carbs to about 30 a day and eating fruits, lean meat, nuts and veggies that's it.
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 19, 2018, 1:53:01 PM
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2018, 2:16:45 AM
Pertinent query: how heavy were you before, or how heavy are you now?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I was 210, now I'm 180. I have an athletic build so after the weight came off I'm looking kinda ripped the way I did back in high school. Aaaalmost. If I go below 160 I would probably look malnourished.

Btw I ate cottage cheese, cream cheese, and heavily salted walnuts for dinner.
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 19, 2018, 8:04:42 PM
A healthy drop then. Slightly lighter than I am now, and I'm without doubt overweight for my height/build.

Best of luck keeping it off -- diet-based weight loss is *relatively* easy in the first few months but keeping it down can be a real bitch.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Yeah if you are trying to keep your weight down good luck with that bro high five. I was forced to start dieting due to a sudden onset of gout. I mean seriously, any 20-30 somethings out there eating pizza every other day like I used to, haha, beware of gout. You do not want it. It feels like little gremlins pulling back your toes and stabbing your joints with razor sharp toothpicks.

Anyway, thankfully I kind of enjoy fasting. It just feels nice. And I actually love to exercise. Plus my dad simply cannot gain weight past a certain point. So genetically a part of me never was probably meant to be over weight. I just ate like a total dumbass. I mean I would regulraly eat an entire pizza by myself. Or half a gallon of icecream in one day. Or a half pound bag of gummy worms in just a couple of hours. It's like every other day I was crashing in on a 10 year old boy's birthday party. It's a small miracle that I was only 210 when i think about it.
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 19, 2018, 9:52:12 PM
How you can partially solve the loose skin problem is to start lifting weights, get more ripped and fill in some of that void with muscle mass. If you were to gain back 10lbs of muscle on that frame, you'd be a fucking hoss dude. And the increased activity will tighten up your skin as well. You need a proper diet to go along with your weight lifting, or your gains will be very little.

That's the biggest mistake people make when they start lifting weights. Carbs are not always bad. Carbs are good. Carbs are extra energy. But only for people who're very active.

Before I go to the gym twice a week for a 2 hour weight lifting session, I'll swing by 5 Guys (hamburger joint), and get a massive hamburger, fries, and a tall soda. Probably 1200+ calories, and that's a conservative estimate. It's most likely several hundred more.

It's important to eat a little while after lifting as well. Because your body is still adapting to the workout you just had. And what I usually do is blend up 4 eggs + milk + a couple healthy scoops of ovaltine, and blend them up, and that's my power shake. I got that recipe from BMBI directly.

Keep working at it man and you'll eventually get on our level.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 19, 2018, 11:04:08 PM
Oh, gout. Damn. My dad had/has that. No fun. Here in Australia we have seafood-rich diets so he really hated having to cut down there.

It's been years since I lifted. But being a country boy I do some pullups from time to time on the local flora. I'm at a point in my existence where I'm looking for a wife. So hey, why not try to become a little bit sexier by pumping some iron.

I take creatine right?

Anyway it's interesting you mention eggs because I've been eating buttloads of eggs on this diet. Just ask the poor little toilet I've been using.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info