Spectral Shield Throw Bonus from Mainhand

As i read, Spectral Shield Throw benefits from Mainhandbonuses. But i dont understand which Bonuses work with the new Skill. In the News there are 2 Examples, which Weapons are usefull. But i currently try to plan a build for next League with this Skill. And im asking me if the Unique "The Tempestuous" would work. Because it has "Hits cant be evaded" and additional Phys Dmg as Elemental Dmg. Would these Bonuses work with the new Spectral Shield Throw Skill?
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2018, 12:39:42 AM
Additional phys as ele damage yes, it's global.

Hits can't be evaded is local, so no.
I dont know which weapon could be usefull then. Maybe a Relentless Fury? Or Laviangas Wisdom?
Doryani's catalyst for elemental crit. Rare shaper stat sticks for the phys variants.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Feb 19, 2018, 12:17:51 PM
yeah shaper stat stick for phys and doryanis for flat ele scaled would seem like 2 of the best choices. Theres lots of low budget options though.

among many others.
"
Namcap wrote:

Are you sure? HCBE isn't local on any other source that grants it. It's explicitly not local on Lycosidae, and I believe it's not local on Lioneye's Glare, either (though it's hard to get an attack-based skill on LG that doesn't use the bow, so hard to know).

I'd figure that Tempestuous Steel might be an excellent sidekick to a ballin' SST shield the way Lycosidae is often an excellent sidekick to a ballin' einhander. 100% hit rate on SST is a very nice DPS boost, and 30% of physical damage as extra elemental is nothing to laugh at. Sure, it's severely eclipsed by utterly ridiculous Elder statsticks, but that's okay. Elder statsticks don't give you guaranteed hitrate, and also cost about a hundred thousand million billion more Mirrors than a Tempestuous Steel does.
"
1453R wrote:
Are you sure? HCBE isn't local on any other source that grants it. It's explicitly not local on Lycosidae, and I believe it's not local on Lioneye's Glare, either (though it's hard to get an attack-based skill on LG that doesn't use the bow, so hard to know).

I'd figure that Tempestuous Steel might be an excellent sidekick to a ballin' SST shield[..]

Tempestuous Steel is precisely how we know it's a local mod - well, that and Vagan's crafted mod. If neither of those were local, then Lycosidae wouldn't be nearly as interesting due to fake dualwielding being far better.
"
1453R wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

I'd figure that Tempestuous Steel might be an excellent sidekick to a ballin' SST shield the way Lycosidae is often an excellent sidekick to a ballin' einhander. 100% hit rate on SST is a very nice DPS boost, and 30% of physical damage as extra elemental is nothing to laugh at. Sure, it's severely eclipsed by utterly ridiculous Elder statsticks, but that's okay. Elder statsticks don't give you guaranteed hitrate, and also cost about a hundred thousand million billion more Mirrors than a Tempestuous Steel does.

Hits can't be evaded have always been local. Vagan weapons were used for CoC because of it, not because they had good stats.

Lycosidae reads "your hits can't be evaded", meaning anything you do, no matter the source.

edit: damn it seems the viper is faster than the pacman
Last edited by Namcap on Feb 19, 2018, 6:35:22 PM
Whelp. So much for that. Heh, learning more every day!

Nevertheless - Tempestuous Steel comes online at level 20, 'bout fifty levels earlier than most of the disgusting Elder stat sticks. Decent starter/budget option, at least, and makes sure your Whirling Fortify never flubs on you!
"
1453R wrote:
Whelp. So much for that. Heh, learning more every day!

Nevertheless - Tempestuous Steel comes online at level 20, 'bout fifty levels earlier than most of the disgusting Elder stat sticks. Decent starter/budget option, at least, and makes sure your Whirling Fortify never flubs on you!

Well, the Princess comes at level 10, and offers the same amount of phys as ele... except it's all cold damage, which generally is the best type of elemental damage to do imo. Do have to put up with that little bit of inc damage taken from ghosts and skellies though.

As for shaper stat sticks... idk. I'd highly suspect they're getting nerfed, cuz the phys as added _____ damage rolls are quite heavily overpowered. I wouldn't doubt if a well-rolled one would still be best, but i doubt by such a wide margin.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 20, 2018, 12:40:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info