First 6socket drop - few questions.

Hello,

Few hours ago I've picked up first item with 6 sockets. It's white armor with two single links: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130074285

Vendor offered me 7 Jeweller's Orbs and I was suprised.
I've heard 5link white item is worth about 1 Alchemy. How much item with six sockets is worth among players?
What should I do with this one? It's lvl35 with normal stats like ~160 for evasion and ~160 for armor.

Should I try to sell it for someone or upgrade it with Alchemy (and before that upgrade it's quality with 10 or 15 scraps?)and then keep it/ try to sell?

ATM I'm leveling my marauder so I'll have no use with this armor.

Last edited by JjForcebreaker on Feb 28, 2013, 6:43:11 PM
Don't bother trying to sell people

5L is worth a lot of money, but 6 sockets aren't worth nearly as much as a 5L. Collect your jewelers and be a happy bro.
If it isn't 6-linked, then dump it.
The only time you wouldn't vendor a 6S which isn't linked is when it has a very high ilevel. Then you could start it as a base to 6L. You'd be investing a great deal into crafting because the base type and ilevel though, not because the 6S.
"
Hello,

Few hours ago I've picked up first item with 6 sockets. It's white armor with two single links: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130074285

Vendor offered me 7 Jeweller's Orbs and I was suprised.
I've heard 5link white item is worth about 1 Alchemy. How much item with six sockets is worth among players?
What should I do with this one? It's lvl35 with normal stats like ~160 for evasion and ~160 for armor.

Should I try to sell it for someone or upgrade it with Alchemy (and before that upgrade it's quality with 10 or 15 scraps?)and then keep it/ try to sell?

ATM I'm leveling my marauder so I'll have no use with this armor.

5-linked items sell for *a lot* more like 1 alchemy. More like 1 exalted. Also, 4 scraps is enough to max out a white item. But as everyone else has said, it's probably best to just vendor 6slots, unless you want to try to 5/6-link it yourself with fusings.
That was quick :>

Thanks for replies, I'm gonna sell it then.

I guess it's all about links. I've spent like 14jo to get 3link on single item so I can imagine how much it will take to get 5link/ 6link.

ed: fusings not jeweller's, You're right sorry :)
Last edited by JjForcebreaker on Feb 28, 2013, 6:53:18 PM
jeweller's are for random sockets, fusings are for random links.
you can also take those 7 jewelers, place one more with the group and make them two fusings.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
yep sorry just vendor trash

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info