Dr. Jordan B. Peterson

^How is he speaking out of his field, got any examples?

I find it pretty clear cut when he's giving opinions on things or is saying things that are not backed up by data.

And whats a goober?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
So tl;dr a result of poor parenting?

Never heard that therm before, cheers.

Peace,

-Boem-
"goober" - everyone not upper middle class smug liberal vaping his own fart fumes.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Not really, no. It's possible a goober experienced poor parenting, but not everyone who has experienced poor parenting will turn out to be a goober.

Amusing association fallacy though.

Point me to where i say it's the only outcome of poor parenting please.

Amusing assumption "something something" *snide remark* -with kisses and love-.

Peace,

-Boem-
Trying to inspire the emasculated youth of the West, I would be using Homer, Old Testament prophets and Qu'ran which has guided our sociology for thousands of years but I guess it's not a trendy as Clinical Psychologist. Like a union card even though most college grads don't know much besides drinking beer quickly out of a funnel.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 24, 2018, 7:31:32 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Trying to inspire the emasculated youth of the West, I would be using Homer, Old Testament prophets and Qu'ran which has guided our sociology for thousands of years

Peterson talks a lot about those things. I would even say he bases his entire premise on them.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Trying to inspire the emasculated youth of the West, I would be using Homer, Old Testament prophets and Qu'ran which has guided our sociology for thousands of years
Peterson talks a lot about those things. I would even say he bases his entire premise on them.
Well, not the Qu'ran. But the Old Testament and Greek mythology, most definitely.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Best title I ever saw for him was 'Father Figure For Goobers'.

Spent about six hours the other day reading reviews and responses to his work, both the first book and the most recent. I was contemplating reading either or both, but jesus, the many excerpts sufficed. Context is important and good, well-written reviews contextualise effectively -- saving me a fistful of dollars and a few nights of gritted teeth at this charlatan. Frankly I think he'd still be just another obscure ivy league academic had he not put himself in the limelight with the C-16 opposition. His tendency to speak well outside his field reminds me of Zeitgeist -- specious and alluring but vulnerable to serious scrutiny. I can truly understand why the usual men going their own way on this forum would fall under his spell.

And he's definitely trying to cast one. Of the many indications of this, I dig the many 'distinguished' poses he keeps pulling in photos the most. This is someone who is seriously aware of their self-image whenever a lens is fired their way and knows how to maximise that moment. The sheer fucking intelligence of those looks of his. MESMERISING!

And the beard was a brilliant addition. Now he looks just a bit more like Jeremy Irons, and who the fuck can withstand the intensity of Uncle Scar!?

So you didn't made an opinion yourself by reviewing what he has done and talked about, but relied on 3rd parties to form one. Please link me those "reviews", I'm intrigued.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Charan seems allergic to primary sources. Odd stance for someone who fancies himself an intellectual.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Charan seems allergic to primary sources. Odd stance for someone who fancies himself an intellectual.

Just sayin'. The "Mainstream", and even many "Non-Mainstream" Sources paint JP in an uncomplete way. Most of them took the recent Events where he got "pubilc prominence" and falsly presumed that all his work of nearly 30 years up to now had political motivations and drove his "agenda".

Most of them. That's why I'm asking for sources.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info