Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Oh trade board, how I love you so but you make me so angry.

I recently purchased my first micro transactions this past week, of course, they were stash tabs! Purchased all the specialty tabs and of course one premium tab to sell stuff. I never really looked at the trade board until recently as my progress was being impeded by lack of better gear in SSF. So I transferred out of SSF and into the abyss league where I got my first taste of the Trade Board.

The trade board, you are awesome but you really do suck at the same time. How is that possible?

My biggest gripe, personally, is the limited search functions. Granted I could be doing something wrong, but if I search for something specific lets say "The Scounge" for instance which is a one handed claws. The only option I have is to view all the claws and my "The Scounge" gets a highlighted box around it and really thats it. Then on top of this I have to go through all my highlighted items, while also scrolling through non highlighted items, to see if there is an actual buyout on the item or did someone just throw it in their public stash tab and its sitting on the trade board with 'Send offer" Really super time consuming not being able to pinpoint with a search function for what I am looking for.

After doing just a small amount of googling, I found a post that explaining why certain functions are not enabled or available through the search on the trade board. I cannot remember the exact forum post but if I recall correctly it was a developer stating something along the lines of "we didnt want to give the people an actual automatic buyout option because that would enable them to move to quickly past the story." Dont quote me on that statement as I am paraphrasing it.

Honestly to me, I really do not care if there is a story to this game or not. I just play to have fun and really for me its a gear grind, nothing more. Actually if you asked me the story behind this game all I can say is you were exiled to this island. Thats it, seriously thats all i can give for a background of the story.

So as as a TLDR, will we have some more functionality added to the trade board to include some nice to have selections such as automatic buy outs, a better way to search for specific properties on items and one that I would really like where when I search for items it just displays those items instead of just highlighting items?

Last edited by bobothewizard on Feb 14, 2018, 10:52:45 AM
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2018, 7:53:29 AM
"
CuriousGrel wrote:
cool, in case you only want to see priced items, you can also use ~ in your filter

As in "max" "life" ` or "max" "life" "`"

Extremely useful info.

Anyone know if there is a way to exclude something (preceding with a minus sign does not seem to work). The search operation appears to be a word match on the item description. A theory was given in another post which I have not tracked down for a quote.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Can you give me an example of how you would type that into the search box?

~"To maximum life" Something like that?
I would use

"max" "life" ~
or
"max" "life" "~"

I think that your example would produce similar results (not sure if spaces are necessary between search strings, but I put them in)

you do not need full words
entering long strings might reduce false hits but since I'm using the ingame keyboard I go with short entries

in the above example you will get false hits on minion max life (hence the desire to learn if there is a way to exclude strings)

I believe that it is just a simple string search and the only operator that I am currently aware of is the double quote sign ("). My current guess at why ~ works is because it is part of the description but hidden (not my theory, saw it in a post).
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
I just wanted to add that it doesn't appear as if the search string function uses any logical operators other than quotes. Also, quoting words individually will yield mixed results, IMO.

If I was looking for online sellers of a pair of gloves that had + to max life on them and that had a quoted price, my search entry would be:

(Push down on right stick to toggle "online sellers only" option from main search.

Choose slot
Choose level/gear type for that slot
Choose search

Input= ~ "maximum life"

I have had mixed results with combining affix descriptions, such as when searching for ~ "maximum life" "lightning" or ~ "maximum life lightning" Sometimes, combining affix descriptions makes it act as if there is an automatic "or" operator inserted. /shrug Will have to experiment.

All in all, it's darn clunky and frustrating. In my opinion, this is not only to make it "harder", necessarily, but is probably also a choice to reduce the overhead on the Xbox. Can't confirm that, of course, and it's just an opinion. (True logical operator search filters require a lot of up-front processing. If there were fifty-eleven darn gloves for sale, depending on how they entered them, then it could end up taking up a bunch of watts...)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info