raise spectre

Hi Im currently lvl 75 ish on hardcore abyss league on xbox one. My level 100 spectres, (19 raise spectre ((i vaaled a level 18)) and level 20 desecrate ((vaaled 18 and + 1 chaos sheild) die every tier 3 map. they seem weaker then my lvl 7x spectres i raise on my 75 hardcore abyss pc character. People seem to be still killing shaper on pc with this build yet i can't run 2 lvl 1-3 maps without pulling my hair out from resummoning my 4 spectres. kinda feels like i wasted my time playing on xbox.
Last bumped on Feb 10, 2018, 4:04:48 AM
Do you have the Soul Weaver ascendancy? Also just because you can summon that level spectre you they are still capped by the monster level of the zone.
Then you are raising the spectres in a low level zone. The spectres will keep their low level. By raising them you have temporarily added them to your "desecrate table". So now you have to go to a high level zone and desecrate the corpses there until you find the spectres you are currently running with. Then raise the ones you would like to have in the high level zone.

Feel free to check following guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814091

and focus on the following part

How to get your persistent T17 Spectres after 3.0.2 Update: by xxWolf

Spoiler

Before you read how to get high level spectres let me explain why you do what you do:
The level of a spectre determines how much damage and health/ES it has, so the higher the better. The level of the Spectre is determined by the level of the corpse you raised it from. the level of the corpse depends on the level of the zone (when having the map overlay active you can see the zone/monster level in the top right). So in order to have a strong spectre we want to summon it from a corpse we found or created in a high level zone (for example in a T16 map).

1. Remove the Spell Echo gem from your spectre setup. this will prevent you from reanimating the wrong corpses, put the gem back in when the process is done.

2. Go to a zone where the spectre you desire naturally spawns, the level of the zone does not matter. (for example you would go to the Solaris Concourse in Act 8 if you wanted Solar Guards.) Use desecrate at the ground to create corpses until you find the corpse you are looking for, raise it as your spectre. one is enough, you do not need more. Look below for a list where you can find which spectre.

3. Go to the highest level zone you can access, this will usually be a map. Thanks to changes to desecrate it will now occasionally create corpses of any spectres you brought with you into the zone, which is why you brought your low level spectre from step 2. now desecrate and summon the number of spectres you want (with the fully functional build that would be 4). do not forget to replace the low level guy unless you enjoy running around with that "special" spectre that deals only a fraction of the damage that the others do. ;)
To get the (to my knowledge) highest possible spectre level you need to go to Shaper's Realm, which has monster level 84. Occasionally you will find 84 Zones in T16 maps too, for example areas opened by masters like Haku, Tora or Vagan will be Level 84, Trials of Ascendancy or Abyssal Depths work too. In those Areas you will be able to get T17 Spectres too.

Important:
In order for step 3 to work you need a high level desecrate! A low level desecrate can only create corpses up to a certain level (take a look at the gem to see what level of corpse it can summon currently). a level 20 desecrate will be able to summon corpses up to level 100 (however the corpse level can not exceed the zone level so you will never be able to actually create lvl 100 corpses). if your desecrate is not on a high enough level you can socket it into a source that grants it additional levels - for example a ring with a "+X to level of socketed gems".

In case you are new to Spectres and are afraid they will die: I did multiple hundred guardians and dozens of shapers in the last league alone and not a single spectre ever died.

Zones where you can find the Spectre for Step 2:

- Cannibal Fire-Eaters:
Shore Map. Unfortunately since 3.0 there is no story zone where you can find them, the easiest way to get them seems to be using Shore maps until you find them. If you do not find a single Fire-Eater in the first ~10-15 desecrates, open a new map. Make sure the maps have no "Area is inhabited by X" mods, those will prevent Fire-Eaters from spawning (exept "by Humanoids" and "by additional Rogue exiles",those are fine).

- Solar Guards:
Solaris Concourse (Act 8)

- Flame Sentinels:
The Templar Laboratory (Epilogue)
Spoiler

- Undying Incinerators:
The Crematorium (Act 3)

- Goatman Fire-Raiser:
Prisoner´s Gate (Act 6)

- Merveil Blessed:
Any map with the "Area is inhabited by Sea Witches" Mod
Last edited by Valrak on Feb 9, 2018, 5:07:28 AM