[3.2] Necro Victario's Influence Zealot's Oath Aurabot - 11 auras 2 curse Auras

[3.1] Zealot's Oath Aurabot - 11 auras 5 Vaal Auras 2 curses

3.2 Update notes:
With the Ascendency changes in 3.2 necromancer is no longer the best aurabot in the game, this high damage attack speed Commander of Darkness build is now best suited for a scion, i will leave this guide as a necro but i have split the guide and created a scion version on its own. Functionally this is the same build and much of the guide is the same, however the scion gets additional buffs over the Necro. The gem links in both builds are transferable to the other, and both can be used with either ascendency, if you're interested in the Scion version, you can find it here:https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115560

This build is focused around general mapping, maintaining a balance between survivability, boss kills, and overall map clear, utilising the Zealot's Oath keystone to maintain constant ES regen. It aims to run all map mods without any problems and with playing it for most of the league and reaching level 100, i have had zero issues with any particular mod, including degen based ground mods and no regen. This build is very cheap to start out with and i'll provide both a budget league starter option and a more expensive end game setup, with links to Path of Building profiles.

Aura Quick Guide:
Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, Purity of Ice, Grace, Haste, Discipline, Anger, Wrath, Hatred, Vitality, Clarity, Temporal Chains, Enfeeble. Vaal Grace, Vaal Haste, Vaal Clarity, Vaal Discipline (x2)

Pros and Cons
Pros
+ Provides a lot of damage to allies through auras
+ Uses curses to aid survivability
+ Very mobile
+ Constant ES regen
+ Starting build is very budget friendly
+ Aurabots are easy to scale as we don't need to focus on damage nodes
+ Coruscating elixer doesn't stop your ES recharge like it normally would
+ Does not require a 5 or 6l
+ Scales up to level 27 Anger, Wrath, and Hatred with full investment
Cons
- Victario's influence builds are flask reliant, and not having flasks up can get you killed
- Certain flexibility options are not possible with Zealots Oath
- No life regen so a life flask is needed to switch auras
- Max Aura level's is expensive and not league starter friendly
- Victario's influence is NOT a HC viable build
- Cannot Solo easily

Aurabot as a league starter:

If you are doing this solo theres no way around it that this will be an awful experience. Witch does at least get access to early spell damage nodes however, so leveling as firestorm is likely the best way to go.
Skill Tree:
www.poeurl.com/bOpK

Gear and Aura progresion

Victarios Influence:
This should be your primary item to buy, it will allow you to put your curses and damage auras in it for a massive cost reduction while you're hybrid ES/life. it will allow for:
chest:Wrath + Anger + Temporal Chains/enfeeble
Other:Purity of Elements, Haste, discipline

Alphas Howl:
Your source of global mana reservation reduction on gear, this is about as important as Victarios.

With these two items you will be able to reserve enough to use:
Chest: Anger + Wrath + Hatred + Temporal chains + Enfeeble
Helmet: Purity of elements + blood magic
Other: Haste, discipline, clarity

Coruscating Elixer: ideally this should be your next purchase to prepare for Prism Guardian's Blood magic but it can be skipped until after Prism Guardian if you dont mind the odd death to chaos damage

Prism Guardian: This will allow Purity of elements to be switched to the usual 3 purities

Purity of Ice + Purity of fire/Lightning
Chest: Hatred + Anger + Wrath + Temporal Chains + Enfeeble + Blasphemy
Shield:haste + discipline + purity of lightning/fire
Other:Clarity

For flasks i would recommend the following:

The flask suffixes don't have to be perfect though the usual warding/stauching/dousing do help (i just dont have them at the time of linking) , the life flask however does need to be panicked, so it can instantly heal all your life after using coruscating. This not only allows you to use your life as an extra effective hp pool, but also provides ES regen through coruscating elixir.

Once you get a decent ES pool that you are comfortable with you can then think about switching into Blood Magic keystone to run the builds listed below. This will depend on you and your carry and which maps that you are trying to push. However i wouldn't do this until you have at least a second coruscating elixir.

Passive Trees and how to transition to ZO

Leveling - level 68 Core tree

Necromancer
- www.poeurl.com/bLkQ
- https://pastebin.com/RLKTgiGZ
start out by picking up all the aura reserve nodes on the tree as a priority. this can be done a little earlier than level 68 but level 68 is required for Prism Guardian.

At around this point you can think about switching over to ZO, if you have the geared required, there are a few options available, from best case to worst case:
- A -10 mana cost while affected by clarity Watcher's Eye,this should be your ultimate goal(watcher's eyes can be divined) as it frees up your ring slot to use an unset ring for clarity (required in the full version)
- A -8 mana cost Elreon ring, switching out fortify for reduced mana support on your Shield charge, this lowers the mana cost to 8, but you lose fortify, however this is easier for budget builds that don't have Presence of Chayula.
- A non max mana reduction while affected by clarity Watcher's eye and an elreon ring, totalling -10 mana costs. This is a nice half way step but not the best solution for budget builds, you will have to switch Lori's lantern if you don't have Presence of Chayula. Eye of chayula can be used but you will have lower ES than using a rare amulet with ES.
Leveling - level 84

Necromancer
- www.poeurl.com/bLkR
- https://pastebin.com/Dc6MVKWF
Pick up extra jewel sockets and ES nodes , nothing fancy here, sorry.

Full Tree - Level 99

Necromancer
- www.poeurl.com/bLkS
- https://pastebin.com/z9aJbNsE
Pick whatever takes your fancy, i like skill effect duration since this build uses a lot of vaal skills. I don't take Devotion because i have a 15% aura effect victario's and taking this node doesn't give me anything significant like +1 max res.

Bandits/Ascendency/Pantheon

Bandits
kill all 3

Ascendency
in order of priority:
Witch
-commander of darkness (the only required one for aurabot)

Pantheon
Soul of Lunaris
Capture Subbert, Crescents point
This provides phys damage reduction and movement speed per enemy nearby, and 5% extra dodge ontop of our vaal grace.
Soul of Shakari
Capture Terror of the Infinite Depths
This provides us primarily with poison immunity, something that would otherwise stop our ES recharge.

Budget Gear Option

This version uses curse auras in the chest to take advantage of the 30% lower reservation, which allows empower to be used in the helmet instead of enlighten to boost purities to level 23(+1 max res). it does not use empower in the chest.
Items

Main Core Uniques

Optional uniques
pick one of these depending on your budget, Valyrium and a rare ES amulet is preferred, but Eye of Chayula with an elreon ring as described above is acceptable.

Gloves will be a pair of rare gloves with as much ES as you can afford. For belt, any belt with as much ES as you can, the Bated breath unique belt is a good cheap solution.

Jewels

ES Jewels with are the priority here, look for any jewel with ES and Intelligence, and enough Dex to cover your gem costs (154 for grace level 20)

Gem links

Helmet (4 link)
-Purity of Fire
-Purity of Lightning
-Purity of Ice
-Empower (lv2)
Body Armour(3 link)
-Blasphemy
-Temporal Chains
-Enfeeble
Body Armour

-Hatred
-Anger
-Wrath
Gloves

-Vitality
-Vaal Clarity
-Portal
-Clarity

Boots
-Vaal Grace
-Vaal Haste
-Vaal Discipline
-Vaal Discipline/Increased Duration (preference)
Weapon 1 (Ephemeral Edge)
-Shield Charge
-Faster Attacks
-Fortify
Weapon 2 (Prism Guardian)
-Haste
-Grace
-Discipline

Budget Path of Building

https://pastebin.com/apxxbsm5

Full Gear Option

This is the full version, using empower in the chest for higher level auras , and an enlighten in the helmet with level 21 purities

Items

Main Core Uniques

Optional Uniques:

- Gloves and belt should be a rare with as much ES and life as possible. Belt should have flask effect duration and reduced flask charges used, chaos res if at all possible. Gloves should have a high INT roll.

- Rings should be one rare unset with life, ES and INT. the second ring can either be Lori's lantern on a rare Moonstone with Life, ES and INT. chaos res is optional but not required.

- A lab enchant is required for this build to reserve all the auras. Any will work, even a 14% reduced purity reservation from merciless lab. If you arn't able to get one a Conqueror's Efficiency jewel can be used instead, though this hurts survivability.

Jewels

Look for ES jewels with high ES% and faster start of ES recharge if you can find. maintain your dex requirements(154 for grace level 20, or 169 for level 21) and look for int wherever possible. Look to get enough Dex that you have the requirements for your gems without your boots equipped, this will be important in the optional gear section.

With the 3.2 update making abyss jewels harder to acquire these will become a luxury, but they are optional and will provide more total ES. Look for t1 ES and as much life as you can afford, try to get them with Int and as much dex as you need for your stat requirements

my current gear

Path of Building link to this character.
https://pastebin.com/FkVKwSw1

Gem links

Helmet (4 link)
-Purity of Fire
-Purity of Lightning
-Purity of Ice
-Enlighten (lv2)

Body Armour(4 link)
-Hatred
-Anger
-Wrath
-Empower
Body Armour
-Vaal Clarity/Vaal Haste (a second haste for generosity lv30)
-Portal

Gloves
-Blasphemy
-Temporal Chains
-Enfeeble
-Vitality

Boots
Weapon 1 (Brightbeak/Ephemeral Edge)
-Shield Charge
-Faster Attacks
-Fortify
-Haste
-Grace
-Discipline

Optional Upgrade:
5l your victarios with rrggb for Hatred, Anger, Wrath, Empower, Vaal haste so your vaal haste benefits from empower as well. Ideally the 6t socket should be a blue socket, so you can switch between vaal haste, vaal clarity, and portal as you see fit. This also allows you to switch haste into the chest if you wish to use a level 27 haste as well, but you wont gain any benefits from haste.

Flasks

Coruscating Elixer is used to Stop chaos damage, as we are not using Shavronne's Wrappings, this must be maintained at all times. Typically this flask will deal damage to the player when it removes all but 1 life and stop your ES recharge, but since we have no life regen this doesn't happen, and we are free to use this flask without consequence. Two are used for security.

Topaz and Sapphire are used just to round out your other resists.

Quartz is used due to its phasing, this allows you to navigate the map a lot easier since you have no way to deal with mobs and body blocking can be an issue. The attack/spell dodge allows you to reach dodge cap with Vaal Grace (60%) and the pantheon(5%). The phasing also acts as an easy way to regulate/time your flask management, as this flask will run out approx. 2 seconds before coruscating elixer, use your first 4 flasks whenever you see your phasing run out.

Prefixes should all be experimenter's so their duration is as close to Coruscating as possible
Suffixes should be Dousing, Warding, Staunching, these stop damage over time effects and allow us to ignore curse map mods.

Optional switches for both builds

There are only two main gear switches that i suggest:

This sword is what you will use for bosses if you feel you need the extra ES, keep it in your inventory if you arn't super comfortable with your ES total when using brightbeak.

These boots can be used to negate desecrated ground if you are not used to running a map with it, but as stated above you will need to make sure you still have enough dex. Once you are used to maintaining your flask you shouldn't need these boots as the natural regen from ZO will keep you from dying.You will need to ensure you meet your dex requirements without Sin Trek, as switching boots will remove your auras if you rely on the dex in the boots to use them.

Flasks

Typically you will have one flexible flask slot after the mandatory 2x Coruscating elixer, topaz, and Sapphire, i personally only would suggest swapping out your Quartz flask if you have a phasing watcher's eye jewel, but it is players preference. other options include:

Hatred
There will be times that you are not supporting a carry that uses any physical damage scaling, if that's the case you can switch hatred for Arctic Armour for the additional defences.

Vitality
Depending on the circumstances this can be switched with a number of things.
-Arctic Armor
-A third curse (Poacher's Mark/Elemental Weakness/Projectile weakness) your non unset ring can be switched to a Doedre's Damning Ring to accommodate this, or a +1 curse Presence of Chayula can be used if its within your budget.

Not Recommended but possible:

This is a useful ring if there comes a time that you need to solo some content. the reason i wont put this in the recommended section is that there are a number of drawbacks to using it. the big one being its mana cost, this build cannot self cast anything over 10 mana, and so ZO must be respecced from the tree every time you want to use this ring, and a Sorrow of the Divine Sulphur flask used instead, this will take some getting used to as you cant cast Summon Raging Spirit with this flask active, and you cant recharge or regen your ES while you are casting SRS, be careful with this.

Grelwood Shank[/b]
This is an option if you want to take Iron Reflexes but don't wish to travel that far down on the tree. it does work but i haven't played with it enough to know if i would recommend it. it does give 20% attack speed which makes switching brightbeak not as noticeable. It still isnt worth using Determination with this weapon, though, as the difference in phys reduction % isn't worth it (aprox. 60% without, 75% with).

Shavronnes Wrappings Variant

This is not really something that i would suggest permanently but if you are struggling with flasks then this is an options for you, there are a number of changes that can and need to be made to accommodate the switch. Both of these builds have the option to go with the Darkness Enthroned unique abyss belt, as a rare belt with flask duration is not required.
Version 1 - Hotswapping

This version replaces only the chest and one aura in the gloves and is designed to be mostly used as your temp switch if your'e doing slower content, it's also slightly less expensive than the other version.
Gem Links
Helmet (4 link)

-Purity of Fire -Purity of Lightning -Purity of Ice -Enlighten (lv2)
Body Armour(5 link)
-Anger -Wrath -Empower -Generosity -Enlighten
Body Armour
-Vaal Clarity
Gloves
-Blasphemy -Temporal Chains/Portal/Vitality -Enfeeble -Vitality/Portal
Boots
- Vaal Discipline -Vaal Discipline -Vaal Haste -Vaal Grace
-Shield Charge -Faster Attacks -Fortify
-Haste -Grace -Discipline

Version 2 - Voidbringers

This version switches both the chest and the gloves to gain the +1 gems from the voidbringers unique gloves, but an elreon -mana cost ring is required as well as the Watcher's Eye due to the increased mana cost modifier on the gloves increasing the cost of Shield Charge.
Gem links
Helmet (4 link)[/b]
Body Armour
This comes down to preference/budget, likely you wont have enough to reserve all of these unless you are using Skyforths, so an aura or curse must be dropped, this can either be Vitality or Temporal Chains.
(5link with skyforths)
-Blasphemy -Enfeeble -Enlighten -Temporal Chains -Vitality
(3/4link)
-Blasphemy -Enfeeble -Temporal Chains/Vitality -Enlighten(optional)
Body Armour
-Vaal Clarity -Portal
Gloves
-Anger -Wrath -Empower -Generosity
Boots

Movement speed variant

If you have desynch or control issues with shield charge, or just the maps you run the most often arnt suited for it, you can opt to run a movement speed version instead with minimal switching. Replace your flask and weapon with the following:

The weapon should have phase run, enhance, and reduced mana support. this is to take your phase run down to 10 mana cost to be able to be used without a mana cost. You can replace reduced mana support with uncreased duration if you choose to get both a watcher's eye and a elreon ring with reduced mana costs, though this is expensive to create and multimodding could lose you a lot of ES. Ideally your belt should have a movement speed master craft on it as well.

Additional Media

Shaper kill [4:24]
https://youtu.be/UuYcjntYNj0

Footnotes to newer players

Leveling this kind of support build is going to be tricky, if not impossible if you are playing solo, for this you will need to play through the 10 acts before you can switch into aurabot. I hope to add some more detailed leveling information at a later date but the usual leveling builds for witch are Firestorm or Summon Raging Spirit.

Being an aurabot, while easy to play can definitely be a struggle if you don't usually have people to play with and can become a frustrating experience, especially later on in the league when the active players dwindle. The best thing you can do is to try to find a friendly guild that can play with you, or to look/ask around in Global 820 (/global 820 chat command) and find something to do there, you can also check out the poe and the poelfg reddits. Breach exp leech is always a good option to go for if you can find one, its a fast way to gain exp after you've beaten Kitava and switched over to your Aura build, and possibly to make some friends as well.

Being an aurabot means being social, go out, have fun, make some friends, and most of all, stay safe, and don't do anything i wouldn't do...

If there is anything i missed or you would like to know, or even suggestions on how to make the presentation a lot better, please let me know, feedback is appreciated (as long as its constructive, i have a weak heart and its dangerous putting yourself out there!).
Last edited by Alloxya on Apr 5, 2018, 2:57:15 PM
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2018, 3:11:01 AM
Previous Build Versions

[3.1] Zealot's Oath Aurabot - 11 auras 5 Vaal Auras 2 curses

3.2 Pre Update notes:
If the current 3.2 ascendency changes stay the way they are, necro support is basically dead. Scion does everything necro could do but better, since it now also has commander of darkness, and you can take additional buffs from the guardian node (1% phys reduction per aura, 10% aura effect, more ES regen and charge share). The gear and the flask choices will remain the same. The skill tree can stay pretty much the same as well since we path 2 nodes away from the scion start to pick up the jewel socket there.

This build is focused around general mapping, maintaining a balance between survivability, boss kills, and overall map clear, utilising the Zealot's Oath keystone to maintain constant ES regen. It aims to run all map mods without any problems and with playing it for most of the league and reaching level 100, i have had zero issues with any particular mod, including degen based ground mods and no regen. This build is very cheap to start out with and i'll provide both a budget league starter option and a more expensive end game setup, with links to Path of Building profiles.

Aura Quick Guide:
Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, Purity of Ice, Grace, Haste, Discipline, Anger, Wrath, Hatred, Vitality, Clarity, Temporal Chains, Enfeeble. Vaal Grace, Vaal Haste, Vaal Clarity, Vaal Discipline (x2)

Pros and Cons
Pros
+ Provides a lot of damage to allies through auras
+ Uses curses to aid survivability
+ Very mobile
+ Constant ES regen
+ Starting build is very budget friendly
+ Aurabots are easy to scale as we don't need to focus on damage nodes
+ Coruscating elixer doesn't stop your ES recharge like it normally would
+ Does not require a 5 or 6l
+ Scales up to level 27 Anger, Wrath, and Hatred with full investment
Cons
- Victario's influence builds are flask reliant, and not having flasks up can get you killed
- Certain flexibility options are not possible with Zealots Oath
- No life regen so a life flask is needed to switch auras
- Max Aura level's is expensive and not league starter friendly
- Victario's influence is NOT a HC viable build
- Cannot Solo easily

Passive Trees and how to transition to ZO

Leveling - level 68 Core tree

- www.poeurl.com/bLkQ
- https://pastebin.com/RLKTgiGZ
start out by picking up all the aura reserve nodes on the tree as a priority. this can be done a little earlier than level 68 but level 68 is required for Prism Guardian.

At around this point you can think about switching over to ZO, if you have the geared required, there are a few options available, from best case to worst case:
- A -10 mana cost while affected by clarity Watcher's Eye,this should be your ultimate goal(watcher's eyes can be divined) as it frees up your ring slot to use an unset ring for clarity (required in the full version)
- A -8 mana cost Elreon ring, switching out fortify for reduced mana support on your Shield charge, this lowers the mana cost to 8, but you lose fortify, however this is easier for budget builds that don't have Presence of Chayula.
- A non max mana reduction while affected by clarity Watcher's eye and an elreon ring, totalling -10 mana costs. This is a nice half way step but not the best solution for budget builds, you will have to switch Lori's lantern if you don't have Presence of Chayula. Eye of chayula can be used but you will have lower ES than using a rare amulet with ES.
Leveling - level 84

- www.poeurl.com/bLkR
- https://pastebin.com/Dc6MVKWF
Pick up extra jewel sockets and ES nodes , nothing fancy here, sorry.

Full Tree - Level 99

- www.poeurl.com/bLkS
- https://pastebin.com/z9aJbNsE
Pick whatever takes your fancy, i like skill effect duration since this build uses a lot of vaal skills. I don't take Devotion because i have a 15% aura effect victario's and taking this node doesn't give me anything significant like +1 max res.

Bandits/Ascendency/Pantheon

Bandits
kill all 3

Ascendency
in order of priority:
-commander of darkness (the only required one for aurabot)
-beacon of corruption (chaos res)
-mistress of darkness (only useful if you use an optional set of boots, detailed later)
-spirit eater (only useful if you use an optional set of boots, detailed later)

Pantheon
Soul of Lunaris
Capture Subbert, Crescents point
This provides phys damage reduction and movement speed per enemy nearby, and 5% extra dodge ontop of our vaal grace.
Soul of Shakari
Capture Terror of the Infinite Depths
This provides us primarily with poison immunity, something that would otherwise stop our ES recharge.

Budget Gear Option

This version uses curse auras in the chest to take advantage of the 30% lower reservation, which allows empower to be used in the helmet instead of enlighten to boost purities to level 23(+1 max res). it does not use empower in the chest.
Items

Main Core Uniques

Optional uniques
pick one of these depending on your budget, Valyrium and a rare ES amulet is preferred, but Eye of Chayula with an elreon ring as described above is acceptable.

Gloves will be a pair of rare gloves with as much ES as you can afford. For belt, any belt with as much ES as you can, the Bated breath unique belt is a good cheap solution.

Jewels

Abyss Jewels with ES are the priority here, look for any jewel with ES and Intelligence, and enough Dex to cover your gem costs (154 for grace level 20)

Gem links

Helmet (4 link)
-Purity of Fire
-Purity of Lightning
-Purity of Ice
-Empower (lv2)
Body Armour(3 link)
-Blasphemy
-Temporal Chains
-Enfeeble
Body Armour

-Hatred
-Anger
-Wrath
Gloves

-Vitality
-Vaal Clarity
-Portal
-Clarity

Boots
Weapon 1 (Ephemeral Edge)
-Shield Charge
-Faster Attacks
-Fortify
-Haste
-Grace
-Discipline

Budget Path of Building

https://pastebin.com/50CetcEX

Full Gear Option

This is the full version, using empower in the chest for higher level auras , and an enlighten in the helmet with level 21 purities

Items

Main Core Uniques

Optional Uniques:

- Gloves and belt should be a rare with as much ES and life as possible. Belt should have flask effect duration and reduced flask charges used, chaos res if at all possible. Gloves should have a high INT roll.

- Rings should be one rare unset with life, ES and INT. the second ring can either be Lori's lantern on a rare Moonstone with Life, ES and INT. chaos res is optional but not required.

- A lab enchant is required for this build to reserve all the auras. Any will work, even a 14% reduced purity reservation from merciless lab. If you arn't able to get one a Conqueror's Efficiency jewel can be used instead, though this hurts survivability.

Jewels

Look for Abyss jewel with Tier1 or tier2 ES with as good a life roll as you can afford. maintain your dex requirements(154 for grace level 20, or 169 for level 21) and look for int wherever possible. Look to get enough Dex that you have the requirements for your gems without your boots equipped, this will be important in the optional gear section.

my current gear

Path of Building link to this character.
https://pastebin.com/FkVKwSw1

Gem links

Helmet (4 link)
-Purity of Fire
-Purity of Lightning
-Purity of Ice
-Enlighten (lv2)

Body Armour(4 link)
-Hatred
-Anger
-Wrath
-Empower
Body Armour
-Vaal Clarity/Vaal Haste (a second haste for generosity lv30)
-Portal

Gloves
-Blasphemy
-Temporal Chains
-Enfeeble
-Vitality

Boots
-Shield Charge
-Faster Attacks
-Fortify
-Haste
-Grace
-Discipline

Optional Upgrade:
5l your victarios with rrggb for Hatred, Anger, Wrath, Empower, Vaal haste so your vaal haste benefits from empower as well. Ideally the 6t socket should be a blue socket, so you can switch between vaal haste, vaal clarity, and portal as you see fit. This also allows you to switch haste into the chest if you wish to use a level 27 haste as well, but you wont gain any benefits from haste.

Flasks

Coruscating Elixer is used to Stop chaos damage, as we are not using Shavronne's Wrappings, this must be maintained at all times. Typically this flask will deal damage to the player when it removes all but 1 life and stop your ES recharge, but since we have no life regen this doesn't happen, and we are free to use this flask without consequence. Two are used for security.

Topaz and Sapphire are used just to round out your other resists.

Quartz is used due to its phasing, this allows you to navigate the map a lot easier since you have no way to deal with mobs and body blocking can be an issue. The attack/spell dodge allows you to reach dodge cap with Vaal Grace (60%) and the pantheon(5%). The phasing also acts as an easy way to regulate/time your flask management, as this flask will run out approx. 2 seconds before coruscating elixer, use your first 4 flasks whenever you see your phasing run out.

Prefixes should all be experimenter's so their duration is as close to Coruscating as possible
Suffixes should be Dousing, Warding, Staunching, these stop damage over time effects and allow us to ignore curse map mods.

Optional switches for both builds

There are only two main gear switches that i suggest:

This sword is what you will use for bosses if you feel you need the extra ES, keep it in your inventory if you arn't super comfortable with your ES total when using brightbeak.

Cast when damage taken, Immortal Call , Bone offering, Desecrate.
These Boots are your boss killing boots, if there is a location that you will have no access to vaal souls ( elder guardians, elder, or just helping out with a boss at the end of a map) you use these so the 4 vaal skills in your boots are not wasted gem slots, and to increase your survivability. These boots are the reason we take Soul Eater and Mistress of Sacrifice Ascendency points. You can also switch to these during a long boss fight after you have used your Vaal skills( AFTER they are no longer active). You will need to ensure you meet your dex requirements without wearing these, as switching boots will remove your auras if you rely on the dex in the boots to use them, and you can't reapply them without a life flask.

These boots can be used to negate desecrated ground if you are not used to running a map with it, but as stated above you will need to make sure you still have enough dex. Once you are used to maintaining your flask you shouldn't need these boots as the natural regen from ZO will keep you from dying.

Flasks

Typically you will have one flexible flask slot after the mandatory 2x Coruscating elixer, topaz, and Sapphire, i personally only would suggest swapping out your Quartz flask if you have a phasing watcher's eye jewel, but it is players preference. other options include:

Hatred
There will be times that you are not supporting a carry that uses any physical damage scaling, if that's the case you can switch hatred for Arctic Armour for the additional defences.

Vitality
Depending on the circumstances this can be switched with a number of things.
-Arctic Armor
-A third curse (Poacher's Mark/Elemental Weakness/Projectile weakness) your non unset ring can be switched to a Doedre's Damning Ring to accommodate this, or a +1 curse Presence of Chayula can be used if its within your budget.

Not Recommended but possible:

This is a useful ring if there comes a time that you need to solo some content. the reason i wont put this in the recommended section is that there are a number of drawbacks to using it. the big one being its mana cost, this build cannot self cast anything over 10 mana, and so ZO must be respecced from the tree every time you want to use this ring, and a Sorrow of the Divine Sulphur flask used instead, this will take some getting used to as you cant cast Summon Raging Spirit with this flask active, and you cant recharge or regen your ES while you are casting SRS, be careful with this.

Grelwood Shank[/b]
This is an option if you want to take Iron Reflexes but don't wish to travel that far down on the tree. it does work but i haven't played with it enough to know if i would recommend it. it does give 20% attack speed which makes switching brightbeak not as noticeable. It still isnt worth using Determination with this weapon, though, as the difference in phys reduction % isn't worth it (aprox. 60% without, 75% with).

Shavronnes Wrappings Variant

This is not really something that i would suggest permanently but if you are struggling with flasks then this is an options for you, there are a number of changes that can and need to be made to accommodate the switch. Both of these builds have the option to go with the Darkness Enthroned unique abyss belt, as a rare belt with flask duration is not required.
Version 1 - Hotswapping

This version replaces only the chest and one aura in the gloves and is designed to be mostly used as your temp switch if your'e doing slower content, it's also slightly less expensive than the other version.
Gem Links
Helmet (4 link)

Body Armour(5 link)
-Anger -Wrath -Empower -Generosity -Enlighten
Body Armour
-Vaal Clarity
Gloves
-Blasphemy -Temporal Chains/Portal/Vitality -Enfeeble -Vitality/Portal
Boots

Version 2 - Voidbringers

This version switches both the chest and the gloves to gain the +1 gems from the voidbringers unique gloves, but an elreon -mana cost ring is required as well as the Watcher's Eye due to the increased mana cost modifier on the gloves increasing the cost of Shield Charge.
Gem links
Helmet (4 link)[/b]
Body Armour
This comes down to preference/budget, likely you wont have enough to reserve all of these unless you are using Skyforths, so an aura or curse must be dropped, this can either be Vitality or Temporal Chains.
(5link with skyforths)
-Blasphemy -Enfeeble -Enlighten -Temporal Chains -Vitality
(3/4link)
-Blasphemy -Enfeeble -Temporal Chains/Vitality -Enlighten(optional)
Body Armour
-Vaal Clarity -Portal
Gloves
-Anger -Wrath -Empower -Generosity
Boots

Additional Media

Shaper kill [4:24]
https://youtu.be/UuYcjntYNj0

Footnotes to newer players

Leveling this kind of support build is going to be tricky, if not impossible if you are playing solo, for this you will need to play through the 10 acts before you can switch into aurabot. I hope to add some more detailed leveling information at a later date but the usual leveling builds for witch are Firestorm or Summon Raging Spirit.

Being an aurabot, while easy to play can definitely be a struggle if you don't usually have people to play with and can become a frustrating experience, especially later on in the league when the active players dwindle. The best thing you can do is to try to find a friendly guild that can play with you, or to look/ask around in Global 820 (/global 820 chat command) and find something to do there, you can also check out the poe and the poelfg reddits. Breach exp leech is always a good option to go for if you can find one, its a fast way to gain exp after you've beaten Kitava and switched over to your Aura build, and possibly to make some friends as well.

Being an aurabot means being social, go out, have fun, make some friends, and most of all, stay safe, and don't do anything i wouldn't do...

If there is anything i missed or you would like to know, or even suggestions on how to make the presentation a lot better, please let me know, feedback is appreciated (as long as its constructive, i have a weak heart and its dangerous putting yourself out there!).
Last edited by Alloxya on Mar 1, 2018, 8:27:28 AM
Thanks for this build guide, Alloxya +1!
Trying it out myself right now and been having a blast.
As a recipient of the buffs from this build all I can say is Nerf Supports :)

It's crazy!!
Last edited by Comfyasabadger on Feb 13, 2018, 12:17:17 PM
"
As a recipient of the buffs from this build all I can say is Nerf Supports :)

It's crazy!!

comfy what are you doing, you're supposed to be on my side, supports are balanced :(
Nice guide bro, well done ;)

Just to be picky, you could also add in the shav section that its a good lazy option xD (i would know, that's the reason i never switch to victario xD )
Played with this build a lot this league. Trivialises most content and makes mapping much faster and safer
I've always been skeptical / scared to play couriscating elixir support builds, but i feel like supporting my team next league I should try it.

Q: Do you think 2 is adequate, do you think you could get by with only one? Would 3 be better for someone learning the playstyle?

also, cheers for keeping build guides a thing. ♥
Look forward to you updating this once witch ascendancies are leaked.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
I've always been skeptical / scared to play couriscating elixir support builds, but i feel like supporting my team next league I should try it.

Q: Do you think 2 is adequate, do you think you could get by with only one? Would 3 be better for someone learning the playstyle?

also, cheers for keeping build guides a thing. ♥
Look forward to you updating this once witch ascendancies are leaked.

honestly i've never been that worried , i started out with this as my first support build with 1 elixir, and i only struggled when i was with really slow people, i decided to go up to 2 and i've had next to no problems, with a flask duration belt and quality, your elixir lasts around 10sec per use, so you have 40s of immunity. going up to 3 coruscating means you lose out on your immunity suffixes from your other flasks. the quartz flask listed in the flask section is the easiest way i found to adjust to the build, it helped me immensely to get used to the flask usage. the only time i've used 3 elixir is when i did chayula breachstone
Why do you run 2x vaal discipline in boots instead of adding increased duration?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info