Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Poe.xyz.is; suspected cause for compromised accounts?

"
been using it for a weeks.. nothing....

but just in case im not gonna use it for a while

Successful smear campaign was successful.
come on the irc some time the site's maker is always there.
freenode #pathofexile
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
Last edited by Arrogant on Feb 28, 2013, 4:42:39 PM
"
PSGMud wrote:
<skip>

My only advice for you is not to forget to make apologies once you'll figure my site is not the cause of your account hacked.
As a programmer, I can say that the code you've shown is inoffensive, and cannot "hijack" your POE account.

You should apologize!
"
taekvideo wrote:
It's just web analytics.
Just viewing a website can't compromise your computer unless you:
1) Have a plugin with security vulnerabilities (flash is notorious for this... but java and others also have problems sometimes).
2) Enter information on the website (common with phishing websites).
3) Download an executable file from the website and run it.

This is incorrect.
Those lines check for adblock.
If you got adblock enabled it gives you a message to tell you to disable it because they get money from ads.
The other if bracket sets the background.

Those lines you have selected are not malicious.
They are normal lines to check for adblock and "cry" for not helping them to get some money from ads.

Also this is javascript. This is NOT java. Java wants you to install their "client" to be able to run java "scripts". Just like youtube with flash player.

Javascript is the standard scripting language for browsers for many years,and it is included in every browser. No need to install something.

Also Java (not javascript ,dont confuse the name) in some of you who didn't select the option to run everything without asking, will always ask you if you want to run something BEFORE it runs.
And this site never asked me to run any java Applet.
Last edited by dr3af on Mar 1, 2013, 8:54:57 AM
In my opinion it should be a priority for the poe website developers to integrate a safe item search tool as powerful as poe.xyz into the official website. Safe or not, players should not have to rely on unofficial websites for functions as essential as these.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Mar 1, 2013, 10:02:58 AM
"
dust7 wrote:
In my opinion it should be a priority for the poe website developers to integrate a safe item search tool as powerful as poe.xyz into the official website. Safe or not, players should not have to rely on unofficial websites for functions as essential as these.

thats assuming you consider websites like these... essential..

i know many do not
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
"
wade001 wrote:
thats assuming you consider websites like these... essential..

To me, poe.xyz is the most essential PoE tool. How else would you find the item you are looking for? In trade chat? Using the forum search? Good luck with that. ;)
Another reason for having a function like this built into the website is to make trading on the PoE forums more attractive than on outside sites, with all their shady business.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Mar 1, 2013, 10:25:34 AM
mh for this tool to be essential it at least have to
get the option to look for specific color links. miss this feature :(
"
Burmeister99 wrote:
And that's why you should never click any links you don't know for 100% Certainty is not a phising site. And open source sites is a big no no

This is impossible in all practicality. Heck, you don't even know whether or not this site you're on right now is a phishing site.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info