Does this happen often? This crash is annoying AF

If I kill a lot of mobs in a map, like almost clear it, especially if there were breaches and abysses, and then I leave the map for any reason (trade, Zana, another master's sub-area, Abyssal Depths, lab trial, elder guardian area) and come back - very often the next mob I kill crashes the instance.

This happens a LOT to me. So often that I'm now doing everything I can to do the map in 1 go. Kill everything first before leaving, ignore some loot, ignore smaller trades or ask people to wait, do Zana, trial or Abyssal Depths later, etc.

Does this happen to anybody else? This is annoying as hell! And the worst part is that I can't get a bug number for GGG since the instance is gone.

GGG, you are getting automated crash reports, aren't you? FIX THIS! It's been going on this whole league in 3.1.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 23, 2018, 2:12:25 PM
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2018, 4:12:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
If I kill a lot of mobs in a map, like almost clear it, especially if there were breaches and abysses, and then I leave the map for any reason (trade, Zana, another master's sub-area, Abyssal Depths, lab trial, elder guardian area) and come back - very often the next mob I kill crashes the instance.

This happens a LOT to me. So often that I'm now doing everything I can to do the map in 1 go. Kill everything first before leaving, ignore some loot, ignore smaller trades or ask people to wait, do Zana, trial or Abyssal Depths later, etc.

Does this happen to anybody else?

Nope. Anecdotally we now have the same number of reports on either side.

"
Kelvynn wrote:

This is annoying as hell! And the worst part is that I can't get a bug number for GGG since the instance is gone.
GGG, you are getting automated crash reports, aren't you? FIX THIS! It's been going on this whole league in 3.1.

Yup, they are getting crash reports from the instance servers, assuming they are what is crashing. They are also reasonably high priority, but it really depends how frequent the various different crashes are, where they slot it in. (Assuming this isn't, eg, one of the already know crashes that can still be triggered with SR or whatever.)

Best thing you can do to speed this up is figure out how to reproduce it. Specifically, change things, find what doesn't cause it, and then what does, and lock that down. If you can tell GGG how to make it happen reliably it (usually) cuts the fix time dramatically. :)
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
(Assuming this isn't, eg, one of the already know crashes that can still be triggered with SR or whatever.)

I use SR in my setup. Thought all SR crashes were fixed already?

But this is different from the old SR crashes. It never crashes unless I leave the map. And then the very first mob killed after returning crashes the instance. How can this be specific to the skill used?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
(Assuming this isn't, eg, one of the already know crashes that can still be triggered with SR or whatever.)

I use SR in my setup. Thought all SR crashes were fixed already?

But this is different from the old SR crashes. It never crashes unless I leave the map. And then the very first mob killed after returning crashes the instance. How can this be specific to the skill used?

IDK, they had several rounds of "fixed some SR crashes", but bugs cluster around things, so there is a decent chance it is still bad. I guess check the bug sticky?

Either way, you are right to report this. Even if it is an SR crash, knowing it hits people is important to get GGG to fix it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info