Pure Phys buff/herald

It's a well known fact that elemental damage in current state is far superior to phys. Buffs (Hatred, Anger, Wrath), heralds, dmg flasks, res reduction - all benefit Ele damage. And we still have 0 (ZERO) damage buff or herald choice for pure phys builds. Brutality is nice but still not comparable to Hatred+HOA + flasks + WED mods + "Gain #% of phys damage as extra (element) damage" and so on. And don't forget ele ailments: defensive freeze/chill, offensive shock and ignite.

Give us phys buff already, guys. Herald of Destruction or Annihilation or whatever:

35-40% MORE phys damage

50-70% (or even 100 %) LESS elemental damage (to prevent abusing convertion even futher).

It would fill the void in buffs for pure phys builds and make them more viable without TOP-end Starforge (which can apply shock as a part of it's efficiency).

If you think that 30-40% more pure phys damage is OP, think about fuckin stat sticks for DW faking with up to 80% MORE damage gained as elemental with new elder/shaper mods - seems balanced..
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2018, 10:05:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Brutality is not even good, you get that 59% multiplier but with ele builds you can get 54% on the same gem slot. Just 5% damage difference like wtf were they thinking.

Pure phys definetely needs an aura although is kinda tricky to not be abused by ele conversion and potentially affect party memebers at the same time. I was thinking about something like punishment but that affects every monster while not being a curse. The buff only aplies to attacks/spells that would only deal pure physical damage. Although a potential for chaos convertion is not bad either imo since these build are not very popular atm and are still eclipsed by elemental damage. Increased elemental damage with attack skills is part of the problem and there is nothing similar for pure phys. Flask potential is also a thing, there are still a lot of useful magic flasks you can use that will boost up your damage here and there yes but nothing as crazy as atziri's promise or wise oak. I would say buff stun/taunt/intimidate and make them grant bonuses to received physical damage taken by that monster and yes including bosses. Stun makes the target take 50% MORE physical damage while it lasts (reduced effect on players mb?). Taunted enemies take 30% MORE physical damage. Intimidated enemies take 10% increased damage from attacks and double that bonus if damage is purely physical. This would also help with damage scaling with RT builds.

Those are just some of my ideas. In the end stuff like taunt/stun is kinda worthless when it comes to damage, yes they have some utility but let's be honest. What's the point stacking and investing into stun when you can go HAM on damage and melt things before they damage you?
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jan 23, 2018, 2:41:40 PM
I think it's not even tricky to make not abusable and safe for party buff.

It shouldn't be an aura, instead it should be a buff like Heralds but with 50% mana reservation and higher multiplier than heralds (30-40%), also maybe some after effect (if killed with stunning blow monsters explode dealing x-y melee phys damage or 5% of their life or apply bleed on all in area or whatever). And ofcourse "deal no elemental damage" or "shitton% less elemental damage" for anti-abuse. It's easy, idk why it isn't implemented yet while elemental damage has tons of buffs and auras and flasks of all kinds.

I'm now trying to make pure phys heavy striker stunner, realy trying cause i want it to be pure phys without mandatory mainstream Hatred+HoA, and it's fairly good, but Hybrid is so much better just because of all these reasons mentioned above.

PS. Thinking of going Blood Magick just because i have nothing to reserve my mana for. Haste is so shitty for 50% reserve it should have never be more than 35% or even 25% or just More instead of useless increased (then it would be ok).
Last edited by MaxGor31 on Jan 23, 2018, 4:10:03 PM
H E R A L D O F S T O N E

Herald of Steel.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
They tried to kind of buff Phys by adding in things like maim support and reworking Bleeding to be spread all over the Weapon specialization trees, but pretty much fell flat.

Edit: additionally, you still need an opportunity cost in that you need some resistance penetration from either a curse or skills to make your elemental damage work well. Its a pretty small cost, but its still something.
Last edited by aleksandor on Jan 23, 2018, 11:56:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info