The "Unofficial" Complaining 'bout Mirrors Thread

So,

I played since Feb 17, 2013. I have 20 Chars over Lvl 90. Deleted some from HC, League and Races (so no clue how much time I spent on these).

With the 20 Chars I have a total time played of 240 Days and 17 Hours or 5777,55 h in Total.
In this time played I had a few good drops only. A Mjölnir, Soultaker, Atziris Disfavour, Crown of Eyes. No Shavs, no Skyforth, no Headhunter and NO MIRROR!

So, my complain is: how many hours do one need to play to have good drops at all? And don't tell me I need to farm good Areas cuz I do! I have played ALL content, Shaper, Uber and farmed most useful areas as Lab, Wasteland and just this week 50 Spider Forest Maps (Again). Did I mentioned that I never found a Doctor or ANY really good Divination Card?

Is it just me or others feel the same way?
Last edited by StorgutBorsit on Jan 23, 2018, 6:40:06 PM
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2018, 2:07:30 AM
if everyone got a mirror for 5k hours what would be the point?
I have played like 3times your amount. Never found a mirror either. I did find pretty much every other t1 unique in the game. And probably 5+ times. (Shavs, mjolnir, soul taker, kaom's, void battery) Even found a HH in Legacy league. On top of that 1-1.5k pure exalts.

Morale of this is, they are just so rare, you can never really expect one.

But then again. Who cares if you can buy one. One I farm means more to me then if I found one anyway.

Last edited by Miská on Jan 23, 2018, 5:03:12 AM
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
So,

I played since Feb 17, 2013. I have 20 Chars over Lvl 90. Deleted some from HC, League and Races (so no clue how much time I spent on these).

With the 20 Chars I have a total time played of 240 Days and 17 Hours or 5777,55 h in Total.
In this time played I had a few good drops only. A Mjölnir, Soultaker, Atziris Disfavour, Crown of Eyes. No Shavs, no Skyforth, no Headhunter and NO MIRROR!

So, my complain is: how many hours do one need to play to have good drops at all? And don't tell me I need to farm good Areas cuz I do! I have played ALL content, Shaper, Uber and farmed most useful areas as Lab, Wasteland and just this week 50 Spieder Forest Maps (Again). Did I mentioned that I never found a Doctor or ANY really good Divination Card?

Is it just me or others feel the same way?

First of all the word you are looking for is "unofficial".

Second of all I convinced my GF to make a account and play a bit: Act 5 barrel dropped her a Mirror.

I hope this makes you feel better.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
I have 5 mirrors every league within 2 weeks and I get bullied for it > : (
I grow my own vegetables and food now to avoid people calling me "RMTer" in real life as well : /
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Hmm, I gave up on "whishlist" what I want to drop.

I play game and farm poe.trade.

I do not pick up yellow items if I have currency and picking up only few types of orbs.

I got 3 Acuity drops, 1 Eternal Orb, 1 Tuhokama (vendored :), and cards or uniques not worth more than ex.

99.9% of items I have are bought include Mirror of Kalandra.

ps: there are many games better than PoE, give them a try - to those which starts and ends.
Last edited by Rexeos on Jan 23, 2018, 5:39:11 AM
the average playtime to expect a mirror to drop should be somewhere between 1 and infinite hours depending on your luck ;)
Last edited by blubbber on Jan 23, 2018, 5:40:31 AM
"
Miská wrote:
One I farm means more to me then if I found one anyway.

Oh, people are different on this point. Trading for something will NEVER mean anything to me. A good drop is rare. It's special. It's exciting. Buying someone else's good drops or excitement will always be the boring, easy way out.

While trade is important to this game, and I'm all for it - it will always mean that everytime I buy something, the chances of finding/crafting upgrades myself becomes less. And buying someone else's drops/crafts/achievements will always be the last resort.

Anyhow, on topic:
What would be the point in playing for years, if there wasn't always room for "improvement"? I've probably played almost as much as you; never dropped a Kaom's, a Shavronne's or a Mirror. I'm totally fine with that. It just means that I still have something to experience in this game. I played D2 SSF for almost 10 years without ever seeing some of the best uniques. Totally fine.

Knowing that around the next corner I COULD experience something I've never experienced before is a nice feeling. If that feeling went away, I would probably be done with this game.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
D2 had its Zod rune. PoE has its mirror.

Players cheated in D2 to get them. Players trade in PoE.

No one expects one to drop. Ever.
I wonder how much of that "time played" was used in actual efficient farming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info