[WIP] Storyline and lore with related items

Introduction

Many people would like to read the storyline without having to play the game again. Others want to refresh their memory. And simply, I love the possibility of placing items in posts. Finally on forum I didn't found any thread with full description about each quests. So here it is.

For now it is separated by quest's, when all quest and related texts will be added then I think about breaking storyline and lore description by area where it occurred. I am currently updating all material in my spare time.

Great thanks for POE lore Master for big POE lore book that encourage me to make this thread.

Any suggestion and link to item that I haven't, will be really helpful. Below I've placed short description how to read all texts.

"
Highlight texts
Clickabel NPC words
Flavor text
WIP info
Quest description
Prophecy

Main storyline
Spoiler alert!
Part 1

Act 1
The Twilight Strands
Hope was drowned here.
Enemy at the Gate
After woke up
Scion:Why not just execute us and be done with it, Dominus?
Duelist:-*
Marauder:-*
Ranger:I've not seen a wilderness like this before. There'll be some dark days ahead.*
Shadow:Ah, nothing like a brisk dip to start the day. Now, where on God's arse am I?
Templar:-*
Witch:The very sand shivers with the malice. There is a power here that welcomes me.
Talk to Dying Exile
Without weapon
Dying Exile:You and I, we're the only once that made it to shore... Alive anyway.
This place is crawling with criminals. Find something you can defend yourself with.

Pick up weapon
Dying Exile:That'll do for now. I thought I saw some smoke rising just north of here. Could be worth checking if...

With weapon
Dying Exile:You and I, we're the only once that made it to shore... Alive anyway.
Looks like you found something you can defend yourself with. Good, this place is crawling with criminals. There's smoke rising just north [or east] of here. Could be worth checking if there's...

After killing Hungry Corpse
Scion:So it's true... dead man walk in Wraeclast.
Duelist:Even the dead rise to chalange me here.
Marauder:The dead should remember their place.
Ranger:-*
Shadow:Is it possible to murder someone who's already death?
Templar:Even death gives no solace in this tortured land.
Witch:The dead will soon rise for me, not against me.
Close to Hillock
A large zombie called Hillock is attacking the town. Kill him to gain access.
After killing Hillock
Scion:I'll not be joining you today. dead man.
Duelist:It's nice not to be dead, yet.
Marauder:I live to see another down.
Ranger:I'm still breathing. That's a good sign.
Shadow:It's nice not being dead yet.
Templar:It would seem my God has no need form my company just yet.
Witch:And I thougth I'd be a deadwomen by now.
After Hillock drop Oni-goroshi:

Oni-goroshi:What? I'm free? You did this. Well, anything is better than being stuck in that. His mindless thirst fell far short of My desires, simple though they are. But now there's you: so vital, so defiant... So take Me. This dying world is but kindling, yet its un-quickened blood may boil once again... and I've waited so long for a real bath.
You have killed Hillock, the zombie attacking the town. Enter through the gate for reward.
Enter to Lioneye's Watch
You have killed Hillock, the zombie attacking the town. Talk to Tarkleigh for your reward.
Talk to Tarkleigh
Tarkleigh: Fine work with Hillock. Where'd you learn to fight like that? No, forget I asked. We exiles have no history. Dominus took it from us when he had his Blackguards dumped us in the water out there.
Here, got something for you. Should help you kill a few more of those undead bastards. No, don't bother thanking me. The way I figure it, the longer we fighters live, the longer everyone lives.

Mission Complete - You have killed Hillock and received a reward from Tarkleigh.

Lioneye's Watch
Cold, dank and reeking of infection. That's how Hope fares in Wraeclast.
First impression
Bestel
to Scion: Judging by those eyes of yours, I'd best count you a friend. I wouldn't last long as a foe.
The name's Bestel, captain of the good ship 'Merry Gull'. Swift and pretty, she was. Nothing like the High Templar's rubbish scow that brought you here.
Alas, the Merry Gull is gone.... my crew is gone. But my wits remain... after a fashion.

to Duelist: A dashing Duelist, drenched and deserted on the dreary strand. That's the first line of the poem I'm writing about you, exile.
Easy, lad. You could lacerate a blok with a look like that.

to Marauder: A mighty Marauder, marooned on a maribund mainland. That's the first line of the poem I'm writing about you, exile.
Easy lad. You could gut a bloke with a look like that.

to Ranger: A ravishing Ranger, relegated to rot in Wraeclast. That's the first line of the poem I'm writing about you, exile.
Easy girl. You could skewer a bloke with a look like that.

to Shadow: A sodden Shadow staggered from the surf and surveyed the somber strand. That's the first line of the poem I'm writing about you, exile.
Easy lad. You could poison a bloke with a look like that.

to Templar: A tyrannical Templar, to be tested and tempered in the straits of Wraeclast. That's the first line of the poem I'm writing about you, exile.
Easy mate. You could damn a bloke with a look like that.

to Witch: A waifish, waterlogged Witch, washed up in Wraeclast. That's the first line of the poem I'm writing about you, exile.
Easy girl. You could scorch a bloke with a look like that.

After that to all(excluding Scion): The name's Bestel, captain of the good ship 'Merry Gull'. Alas, my Merry Gull is gone. My crew is gone. But my wits remain... after a fashion.

Nessa
to Scion: Welcome to our home away from home... for what it's worth. I'm Nessa.
That putrid giant you just laid to rest? That was Hillock. You're lucky; he's eaten stronger exiles than you. Don't count on that luck lasting. It's in short supply here in Wraeclast.
Still, you've rid us of a curse, and we owe you our thanks.

to Duelist: Now there's a face I never expected to see in exile. The maidens of Oriath must be wailing in their beds now that their mighty Duelist has left them. Or is that why you're here? Did you perhaps choose the wrong bed in which to celebrate your conquests?
I'm Nessa, and I suppose I should thank you for ridding us of Hillock, that putrid giant you felled out there.
Back in Oriath, I disdained your kind. In Wraeclast, I don't have that luxury.

to Marauder: Tala moana, Marauder of Ngamakanui. No need to be surprised, Karui. My father and I were amongst those who tried to save your people from ignorance and damnation. My father paid for his arrogance with his life. I'm still paying for mine.
I'm Nessa. And I suppose I should thank you ridding us of Hillock, that putrid giant you felled out there.
Be careful in the days to come. Karui savagery is nothing when compared to the ferocity that is Wraeclast.

to Ranger: I've seen you before, back in Oriath! Running like a frightened rabbit from my father and his gamekeepers. Fleet as a fox you were, even with that leg of prize venison over your shoulder. And from what I saw you do to Hillock, you've grown even faster since then.
I'm Nessa, and I suppose I should thank you for ridding us of the putrid giant.
I hope your speed never fails you, Ranger. It's all that stands between you and death, here in Wraeclast.

to Shadow: I saw what you did to Hillock out there, Shadow. Your murderous art is the reason you're here, in exile... and it'll be the one thing that sees you through to another dawn.
I'm Nessa, and I suppose I should thank you for ridding us of the putrid giant.
Back in Oriath, I feared your kind... condemned you from afar. In Wraeclast, I don't have that luxury.

to Templar: I know you. The blasphemer. That's what my father called you. God saw fit to drown my father, and everyone else I ever loved. I wonder what fate He has in store for you.
I'm Nessa, and I suppose I should thank you for ridding us of Hillock, that putrid giant you felled out there.
You know, back in Oriath, I was taught that God loved me. He has a funny way of showing His love, doesn't He, Templar.

to Witch: I saw what you did to Hillock out there, Witch. Your black art is the reason you're here, in exile. It may also be the only thing that allows you to see another dawn.
I'm Nessa. And I suppose I should thank you for ridding us of that putrid giant. Back in Oriath I judged your kind without hesitation. In Wraeclast, I don't have that luxury.

Navali
Is it choice that carries you here, or is it fate? I see a need in you. A need to peer into your future. A need to follow the right path. But your future has already been cast. So open your mind and embrace it.
Long ago, my people called me a hatungo. A wise woman. Now they call me a revenant. But it is not my fate to return to the Mother of Death just yet. For now I stand with one foot in this world, and the other foot in the realm of the dead. I'm an inquirer of the living and an interpreter of death.
I sense you have questions. For a gift of silver, I will answer them. But you seek more than answers. Riches. Power. These I can also provide, in a way... All you have to do is join me. Heed my words, but walk your path. The future is mine to tell, but yours to claim. It is time to fulfil your prophecy.

Haku
War will be the saviour of Wraeclast.
We must take the fight to the corruption. We must conquer the Black Spirit. There is no other way.
Where is my army, you ask? They are scattered across this land, oblivious to their calling. Exiles... Karui and Oriathan both. They will rally, but only if we give them cause.
For now, let us content ourselves with a pact, between two warriors. My wisdom and my armour on the understanding that you serve Tukohama, Father of War, when you can.
On your own you will survive. With others, you will conquer.

Elron
I've but one purpose in life, now... defend the last vestiges of Faith in this God-forsaken land. Well, can't be completely God-forsaken. He sent you and me here, didn't he?
Now, I've a few trinkets lying about that might be of use to you. Adornments imbued with what little Faith I can muster in this accursed place. That said, the more corruption we smite, the more Faithful I'm likely to be feeling. I can make some damned fine baubles when my divine ire is up.
In the meantime, let me know if any of my current pieces catch your eye.

Letters of Exile
High Templar Dominus:
Brylla of Cinderford
You have transgressed against your God and your fellow Man. You have been a willing vessel for the following Sins.
Theosophical Vanity
Three counts of Upholding and Promoting Heretical Beliefs
Practising Medicine without Qualification

God has charged me with your redemption. You are hereby Exiled to Wraeclast where, it is hoped, you shall come to repent your Sins, and make your peace with your beloved Father.

Lothar of Wetherdale
You have transgressed against your God and your fellow Man. You have been a willing vessel for the following Sins.
Civil Envy
Four counts of undermining Templar authority
One count of falsely defaming a Templar of Highest Reverence

God has charged me with your redemption. You are hereby Exiled to Wraeclast where, it is hoped, you shall come to repent your Sins, and make your peace with your beloved Father.

Missy of Nashe
Pecuniary Lust
Operating a House of Ill Repute without a License.

Cafar of Beecham
Unlawful Avarice
One count of possessing stolen goods.
Civil Envy
One count of resisting Templar authority.

Kraityn of Theopolis
Unlawful Avarice
Two counts of Grand Larceny of Church Property
Seven counts of Grand Larceny of Private Property
Nine counts of Extortion through Threat of Mortal Harm
Four counts of Armed Robbery

Pecuniary Sloth
Being Unwilling to obtain an Occupation of Value to Society
Enticing Citizens into conduct of a Wanton and Depraved nature

Civil Envy
Two counts of Blackmailing a Church Official
Eight counts of Attempting to Corrupt a Member of the Ebony Legion
Two counts of Inciting the Public to Riotous Behaviour

Unlawful Vanity
Eighteen counts of Verbal Abuse of a Church Official
Twenty-seven counts of Verbal Abuse of an Officer of the Ebony Legion
Eight counts of Publicly promoting Unlawful and Lecherous Practices

Narcotic Gluttony
Thirteen counts of Supplying Narcotic substances
Four counts of Cultivating Narcotic substances
One count of Public Obscenity whilst under the Influence of Narcotic substances

Pecuniary Lust
Nine counts of Pandering
Two counts of Directing an establishment of Ill Repute
Six counts of Prostitution involving Unholy and Degrading Acts

Mercantile Wrath
Eleven counts of common Homicide for Pecuniary Gain
Four counts of Homicide of an Officer of the Ebony Legion for Pecuniary Gain
Two counts of Episcopicide for Pecuniary Gain
One count of Matricide for Pecuniary Gain

Maramoa of Ngamakanui
Civil Envy
Inciting Insurrection amongst the Bonded Workforce
Three counts of Insubordination to Officers of the Ebony Legion

Mortal Wrath
Assaulting an Officer of the Ebony Legion
One count of Hericide

Ender of Romsey
Unlawful Avarice
Two counts of Petty Larceny
One count of Grand Larceny of Church Property

Hadrey of Dayton
Theosophical Vanity
One count of Public Heresy
One count of challenging the Authority of a Church Official

Salem of Theopolis
Defamatory Vanity
Three counts of Unauthorized Political Satire
Six counts of Blasphemy
One count of Inciting Public Unrest
Performing in Public without a License

Carling of Mirfield
Civil Envy
One count of defaming a Church Official

Hillock of Slaugh
Mortal Wrath
Six counts of Common Homicide
One count of Infanticide
Two counts of Homicide with post-mortem Desecration

Unlawful Avarice
Twelve counts of Extortion through Threat of Mortal Harm
Seven counts of Armed Larceny
Two counts of Armed Larceny resulting in Mortal Harm

Unsolicited Lust
Four counts of Rape
Two counts of Attempted Rape

Mortal Wrath
One count of Rape resulting in Mortality

Ollin of Theopolis
Unlawful Avarice
One count of Petty Theft
Civil Envy
One count of Resisting the Authority of an Officer of the Ebony Legion
Mortal Wrath
One count of Reckless Conduct leading to the Accidental Homicide of an Officer of the Ebony Legion

Barden of Inkley
Unlawful Avarice
One count of Petty Larceny
Pecuniary Sloth
Being unable to sustain an Occupation of Value to Society

Joy of Kimbey
Civil Envy
One count of Harbouring a Sentenced Exile

Maitlin of Theopolis
Disciplinary Sloth
One count of Negligence leading to Bodily Harm
One count of Negligence leading to Financial Harm

After first talk to Tarkleigh
Tarkleigh "Lioneye's Watch": Founded by Marceus Lioneye as a supply station for his campaigns against the Karui. In its day, Lioneye's Watch could be defended by just a small garrison of well-armed legionnaires.
What have I got? A handful of starving criminals with driftwood clubs and rusted hatchets.

Tarkleigh "Drowned Dead": The Eternal Empire has some right nasty leftovers. Whether it's something in the air or in the water, no one stays dead in Wraeclast... not the first time. Can take a little while, but sooner or later corpses wake up and go looking for breakfast.
Tarkleigh "Letters of Exile": I've seen many an exile pass through Lioneye's Watch. And many more that simply pass on. Those letters are my way of keeping track... of remembering.
Oriath might want to forget us all, but I'll be damned if I will.

Bestel "Tarkleigh": Tarkleigh rescued from the waves
A stricken Bestel, fate's slave.
From fallen crew and broken bark,
Bestel lives, thanks to Tark... leigh.

Nessa "Tarkleigh": Tarkleigh's as good a man as you can find on this God-forsaken coast. He has some wrongs to right, no doubt. What they are, I've never asked and I never will. If not for Tarkleigh, we'd all be dead.

After first talk to Bestel
Bestel "Drowned Dead": Arrol, the Merry Gull's cook, washed up on the rocks over yonder. Dead as a doornail, he was. Buried him myself.
Then a few days later I see him on the beach... a little worse for wear, but upright, shuffling about. A land full of disturbing surprises, this Wraeclast.

Tarkleigh "Bestel": That hat Bestel wears? Saw him pluck it from the real captain's head, right before the cannibals barbequed the poor bastard. Waste not want not, I suppose.
Yes, Bestel's got a gift for telling tales but I'd never call him a liar. The truth's always in there. You just have to listen for it.

Nessa "Bestel": The 'Merry Gull' ran aground on the Tidal Island trying to escape from pirates. As tends to happen here in Wraeclast, her crew met a far worse fate: Cannibals.
Tarkleigh pulled Bestel from some hideaway in the wreckage... the ship's only survivor. Whether the ordeal fractured his mind or whether it was just his nature all along, it's clear that Bestel sails a different course to the rest of us.

After first talk to Nessa
Nessa: Lioneye's Watch isn't much, but it's ours. We could use you here, while you live.
But, should you wish to venture out, do just one thing form me? Out on the coast, amongst the wrecks, there must be a ship's medicine chest. I have many to care for and there's only so much I can do with herbs and seawater.

Mercy Mission - Nessa needs a medicine chest to heal the wounded in town. See if you can find one.
Bestel: There's an island, a hop, skip, and a wade offshore of the Terraces. That's where my Merry Gull ran aground.
Watched the locals spit-roast the ship's doctor, but his medicine chest might still be there, amongst the splinters and bones. It'd have everything Nessa might need.
Doctor 'Shaky Hands' Opden was lousy with a scalpel, and even worse with a saw... but he knew his apothecary. Explains the shaky hands, if you ask me.

Mercy Mission - Bestel has informed you that his ship, beached on the Tidal Island, contained a medicine chest. Find it and take it back to Nessa in town.
Bestel "Nessa": Poor Nessa. Not even a mother herself and yet she cares for us all. And what a sickly, pathetic brood we are. May she live to have her own family, a real family. If anyone deserves that, Nessa does.
Tarkleigh "Nessa": Nessa's the one keeps the rest of us from losing our minds. To be honest, when she first arrived, I didn't think she'd survive more than a day, two at most. She's been proving me wrong every dawn since.
Heard a bard once sing that "the fairest flowers bloom in the foulest places". He was bloody well right.

After first talk to Navali
Navali "Wraeclast": I travelled here through death's darkened halls, walking the paths of the Remembered. I am but a memory of the woman I was. A memory treasured and sustained by the Mother of Death.
Navali "Yama the White": I awoke in the halls of death with the life I once led little more than a dream half-remembered. Yama the White, my furry companion, stood before me with the Seeing Stone he holds now. Both were given a hair of Hinekora's dark knowledge, but each serves a separate purpose.
The Seeing Stone drags me deep into its core, where every instant into eternity is known all at once, like limitless rings on a tree trunk. Yama, like a torch in the mist, guides me back from the stone's infinite visions.

Navali "Karui Gods": Hinekora, my Mother of Death, is not the only god, exile. The Karui are watched over by many. Ngamahu lends us fire, which illuminates the path. Tawhoa gives us the trees and birds that line the path, so that we may enjoy beauty and peace. Tukohama provides us with weapons and knowledge of war, which lets us walk the path safely.
And in the final days of this world, Kitava, whose hunger knows no bounds, will take it all away.

After entering first time to The Tidal Island
Tarkleigh "Cannibals": Though they might look like you or I, behind those eyes there's nothing but darkness and hunger. Whatever's got inside those folks... is not even close to being human.

After giving Medicine Chest to Nessa
Nessa: I'd almost stopped believing in miracles. This medicine chest...it's greater than the serums and salves it holds. It tells us that we can do more in Wraeclast than merely suffer.
I've not much to offer in return but please, take something in thanks for what you've done.

Mercy Mission - You have given the Medicine Chest to Nessa. Talk to her for a reward.

After completing "Mercy Mission"
Mercy Mission - Quest Complete - You have given the Medicine Chest to Nessa and have receiveda reward.
Bestel: So, you managed to salvage Shaky Hands' druggery? Nicely done. Nessa will put it to good use. More than that benumbed quack, Opden, ever did.
Tarkleigh "Medicine Chest": That medicine chest you found, it'll do more than you might think. The medicine will run out, it always does. But Nessa won't. Give that girl a sliver of hope and she'll carry it to the end of the world.

The Coast
The cliffs echo the hungry madness.
After entering this area
Scion:-
Duelist:Not the most pleasant of arenas, but it'll have to do, for now.
Marauder:I am surrounded by living corpses and dying Oriathans.
Ranger:-
Shadow:The furnace down at the slaughterhouse... yes, that's what this place smells like.
Templar:What, in God's name, ist that smell?
Witch:I know that stench, just like my sisters... upon the pyre.

Weathered Carving: Kaom's canoe struck this sand with the force of destiny. At his back, the greatest war host in Karui history tamed the wild sea, their canoes coupling with the land, one by one.
Lioneye's Gemlings met us with shining metal and bold word's. Hyrri's arrows withered their pride. Kaom's axes silenced their despair. Marceus Lioneye fought bravely, to the last. Kaom honoured him with a place on his belt.
Kaom has show Wraeclast our Karui strength. Kaom will teach Wraeclast the Karui Way.

After reading that carving
Marauder:Show me the way, Kaom.

After reaching lvl 3
Scion:Life is growth, even in a graveyard.
Duelist:It seems this new arena suits me.
Marauder:Dominus wanted me to die here. I will disappoint him.
Ranger:The worms'll have to wait a bit longer for this meal.
Shadow:I'm impressed by how much this place wants me dead.
Templar:My prayers are thus answered.
Witch:To learn is to live.

The Tidal Island
Despite the warming sun, the breeze here bites with fangs of ice.
Weathered Carving: Kaom has removed the Eternal stain from this coast. The Empire's citizens decorate our meeting houses with their heads. Our warriors build homes for our families. Our families till the earth, fish the waters, fill the air with song.
The Karui Way is yet a seeding here, but it grows, gains in pride and power every day. Kaom has kept his promise. The time of the Karui has come.

After reading that carving
Marauder:Dominus took my home, my family.
After collecting Medicine chest
Mercy Mission - You have found the medicine chest that Nessa wanted. Take it back to town for reward.

Still working on things below.
The Mud Flats
Mud and air seethes with warped life.

The Fetid Pool
Sluggish waters simmering with decay.

The Submerged Passage
Slime, shadow, and sharp sharp teeth.

The Flooded Depths
Darkness chilled into stillness.

The Ledge
Dusty winds laden with the scent of bone, old and otherwise.
Unavailable

The Climb
The cliffs glower down like judges in session.

The Prison
The air is rich with despair and apparition.
Unavailable

Prisoner's Gate
The cliffs watch with goatish eyes.

The Ship Graveyard
Whispered agonies of the marooned dead.

The Ship Graveyard Cave
A corpse's throat, exhaling death.

The Merveil's Caverns
The air needles the skin with its frigid fury.

Act 2
Description is coming!
The Southern Forest
Lush and humid, seating violence.

The Forest Encampment
A remnant of civility in the wild.

The Old Fields
Sick pastures, feverish to the touch.

The Den
Hot and sour as the panting of a rabid bear.

The Crossroads
Life struggles where once it bloomed.

The Fellshrine Ruins
The ground aches with desecration. The rain tastes of blight.
Unavailable

The Crypt
Stones worn smooth by centuries of devotion.

Unavailable

The The Broken Bridge
A pure, soothing river once red and clogged with the victims of war.

The Chamber of Sin
Phantom whispers of maniacal passion.

The Riverways
Once tamed rivers now running free.
Unavailable

The Western Forest
Bathed in the cool light of obsession.

The Weaver's Chambers
Shrouded in mourinig silks.

The Wetlands
Corrupted waters, pouring from the Mantle above.

The Vaal Ruins
Shades scratching at imprisoning stone.

The Northern Forest
Daylight is the exile here.

The Dread Thicket
Unfettered nature. Unchained ferocity.

The Caverns
Two thousand years of regret.
Unavailable

Act 3
Description is coming!

The City of Sarn
A harsh light on harsh sights.

The Sarn Encampment
The forging ground of heroes, past and present.

The Slums
Only the wind whistles and whines here now.

The Crematorium
Choked with ash and cinder.

The Sewers
What horrors lurk in the bowels of the city?

The Marketplace
All the money in the world can't stop a world from ending.

The Catacombs
Coughing up the dust of dead devotion.

The Battlefront
Charred flesh and spilled bowels. Sweet and sour.

The Solaris Temple Level 1
An empire at its height, reflected in polished gold.

The Solaris Temple Level 2
An empire at its height, reflected in polished gold.

The Docks
Life pales in the wake of progress.

The Ebony Barracks
Polished surfaces reflect brutal efficiency.
Unavailable

The Lunaris Temple
Depravity is boundless.
Unavailable

The Imperial Gardens
Nature outgrows the designs of Man.

The Library
All the knowledge in the Empire could not save them.

The Sceptre of God
The pinnacle of power. The height of hubris.

Unavailable

Act 4
Description is coming!
The Aqueduct
The rushing lifeblood of a long dead Empire.

The Hightgate
A frail scab of hope holds Nightmare at bay.

The Dried Lake
Bones of betrayal, ashes of purity.
Unavailable

The Mines
Disease in the darkness.

The Crystal Veins
Gifts of the Beast, awaiting plunder.

Kaom's Dream
Fury and flame come to life.

Kaom's Stronghold
A holdfast built of hubris.
Unavailable

Daresso's Dream
No matter how far you climb, you never escape the Pits.

The Grand Arena
Dripping blood and weeping flowers.

The Belly of the Beast
Enter the Nightmare
Unavailable

The Harvest
Where dreams come to die.
Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

The Ascent
The greater the rise, the greater the fall.

Act 5
Description is coming!

Next part in 2nd post.
"Let the day dawn golden with possibility." ~ Izaro Phrecius
Last edited by Geseth on Mar 30, 2018, 6:23:56 AM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2018, 9:11:28 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Part 2
Description is coming!
Act 6
Description is coming!

Act 7
Description is coming!

Act 8
Description is coming!

Act 9
Description is coming!

Act 10
Description is coming!

Epilog
Description is coming!

The Hidden Architect

Zana
Unavailable

Zana
Unavailable
1. Shaper's Orb

The Memory Eater

The eldritch Elder is eating the Shaper's memories. Complete Elder-influenced maps at varius tiers to find and recover the Shaper's memory fragments.
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

The Pantheon

Other information

"
Current WIP tasks
from The Twilight Strands to Shapers Realm.
4. Add act 2 quests

"
Resources
POE Site - Monsters (out-date)
Wiki - Quests (little out-date vs 3.1)
Items

Fated item
Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Keys/fragments
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Labirynth
Keys

Relict items

"
Updates

22.01.2018 - create topic
23.01.2018 - added: "Enemy at the Gate" quest and lore, Highlight texts description, Source of information, Current WIP tasks. Add Oni-goroshi.
26.01.2018 - added missing character statements other then Scion, add prophecy and items that will be useful later while completing quests section
30-31.01.2018 - added bundle of prophecy, quest and labyrinth items to later use
01.02.2018 - added First impression of all NPC in Lioneye's Watch, added flavor texts of act 1 areas, few typos and new prophecy items (still stored in resources)
05.02.2018 - added flavor texts of act 2-4 areas, added another prophecy and quest items.
09.02.2018 - added quest Mercy Mission, Letters of Exile, lore found on The Coast and The Tidal Island, related lore to current quest progress.
Last edited by Geseth on Sep 28, 2018, 2:43:26 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Great work Geseth!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
nice
i play mmorpgs, i has no home in them right now since i quit maplestory. i just bounce around games for now and wait for the big mmo to bring in the community. stay sane exile in the lake of the great depression.

check out my utube, MckaiserDragon.
Really nice post. Thanks
talking about lore, who is Doryani?

is he supporter like Cospri?

there is a lot of doryani's uniques but not doryani as NPC or boss.
From the Wiki:
Doryani:
A Vaal thaumaturgist under Atziri's reign. Responsible for sacrificing countless people in experiments
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
From the Wiki:
Doryani:
A Vaal thaumaturgist under Atziri's reign. Responsible for sacrificing countless people in experiments

Then why he isn't a boss?
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Great work Geseth!

"
Mckaiser wrote:
nice

"
Telperion_sr wrote:
Really nice post. Thanks

Thank you for the warm words. I still have a lot work to do.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

DORYANI

"
Towlg wrote:
talking about lore, who is Doryani?

is he supporter like Cospri?

there is a lot of doryani's uniques but not doryani as NPC or boss.

I've found only few things that could help us in this subject.

Spoiler
"
Siosa, "Page One Translation"
My word. Vaalish contextualized syntax is a slippery eel indeed. Let me see if I can grab it by the gills...
They carried their virtue gems to..."Doryani's bed"...no, that's not quite right. Ah yes, Doryani's cradle. The historian finishes that it was a price they needed to pay to ensure a Vaalish future.
A cradle of virtue gems? What sort of 'Vaalish future' did Doryani hope to ensure?

"
Siosa, "Page Two Translation"
Splendid. Let's see what this page has to offer us... It talks of Queen Atziri. Now here's a portentous line:
She drenches her alters with the blood of those deranged enough to question her vision.
The next piece is a real eye-crosser, but I believe it refers to a 'communion,' something to do with the harvest moon? Again, Doryani seems at the heart of it.
Good, this line I can read without issue:
This will be our final night of fear, our final night of suffering.
Sacrifice, communion, the harvest moon...an unsettling combination.

"
Siosa, "Page Three Translation"
Oh my, this first line is frighteningly clear:
Our Queen is dead. Doryani is dead. So many have fallen. So many have changed.
The latter text is almost indecipherable. It practically hums with agitation. Let me see...I can make out the words "sleep," "nightmare," and..."the Beast," whatever that may be. Our historian finishes with:
We have succeeded where our forebears did not. We have failed ourselves.
I need not imagine the fall of the Vaal. I saw the nightmare with my own eyes.

"
Sin, "The Beast"
The Beast was never a cruel master. It didn't want to destroy, to corrupt, to terrorise. It simply existed to exist. I made it that way.
Unfortunately, in neglecting to provide it with ambition, I made it vulnerable to the ambitions of others. Queen Atziri and Doryani. Emperor Chitus and Malachai. Others even before them. I created a Beast that would free humanity from the tyranny of the gods. Yet all I really did was provide the perfect tool with which humanity could tyrannise itself.

"
Sin, "The Dark Ember"
[...] I have divined one weak point in the Beast's flank, an ancient wound wrought by that Vaalish overreacher, Doryani. [...]

"
The Ancients
Book 3: The Queen's Thaumaturgist
In a culture festooned with gems and steeped in thaumaturgy, Doryani must have had quite the exceptional mind to rise to such preeminence as he did. Or perhaps he was simply more ruthless than his counterparts. Such is the impression one tends to garner from the accounts written of events following Zerphi's death.
Atziri's orders are quoted in a number of different texts. Doryani was "to make any effort within the realms of possibility, and to act without fear of question or consequence". And to what was Doryani expected to apply this supreme effort? The investigation of Zephri's longevity and youthful vitality.
There is a particularly chilling manifest, containing endless lists of names, page upon page. The names of young men and women, ranging in age from sixteen to twenty-six, sent to Doryani for "processing". Only those of "full and recent maturity" were deemed capable of accommodating the "necessary procedures" required without succumbing to "premature expiration".
Yes, Queen Atziri was prepared to slaughter her own people in the desperate pursuit of perpetual youth and beauty. Vanity, indeed, is the most insidious of all Sins.
- Trinian - Intellectus Prime

"
Siosa, "Doryani"
I suppose every civilisation has its Doryani...its Malachai. Men of divine talent and demented ambition. Without them, history would be a far less 'interesting' place.

"
Vaal letters
I should have drawn the last breath from him. Yet all I did was draw his blood. Doryani will take my head in the morning and I have my shaking hands to thank for it.

In my opininon it's becaouse of location of storyline in time. Doryani, just like Chitus Perandus close friend of Malakai, are a tool of their masters and both are dead. We meet grave of Chitus in The Imperial Gardens(Act 3) (before 3.0 that was The Hedge Maze) where we got:

"
Towlg wrote:
[...] Then why he isn't a boss?

Meybe GGG didn't plan to create him as a boss.
As someone who actually really liked PoE's world and narrative, I am in favor of this thread.

"
Towlg wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
From the Wiki:
Doryani:

Then why he isn't a boss?

Because not every evil dude in history has to be someone you can fight, presumably.

Doryani was pretty much the Malachai to Atziri's Chitus. IIRC he wasn't quite as successful, or at least failed to infiltrate and control the Beast as Malachai did. Ultimately, we don't really know what happened to the Vaal, only that they were nearly wiped from the face of Wraeclast and that Doryani was experimenting on the Beast.

I believe the environmental lore in the Eternal Laboratory indicates that he, like Malachai, was probably influenced by the Elder (or maybe just that Malachai thought he was), but I'm not positive and I'm too lazy to check right now.

Edit: The Blood of Corruption amulet suggests that, like Malachai, Doryani was influenced by a mysterious voice in his dreams. It's not clear if this was the Beast or the Elder or something else - but assuming it was the same voice, and given that Malachai's efforts led to the construction of a map device ...
Last edited by gkathellar on Mar 2, 2018, 10:25:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info