Gearing for Merciless

So as a ground slam mara whats do I need to start looking for in gear? All res and +life? High armor? I seem to die pretty quick to some things.
Yeah basicly, and get some life re-gen or leech so your still pumping life when your getting hit. I'm a 49 ground slam marauder as-well still kind of working out some kinks though. just make sure you have +life on all your gear you can. and get some +allres for your shield. I also like to pump blood magic gem so I can use determination and vitality auras. also vaal can be a huge pain in the fucking ass for a ground slam build... i almost got 1 shotted from him in cruel act with 1800 hp
Depends what set up you are looking for. Whether you want to tank or straight up DPS.

I go for survivability but still hit about 9k damage with Glacial Hammer > Faster Attacks > Melee Damage > Fire Damage > Blood Magic.

I use blood magic on skill gems rather than passives, so that I can run Grace, Determination, Purity and Hatred.

In regards to gear, I use a 2Handed maul with 25% attack speed, you will need nice attack speed to make sure you are leeching life back quickly. And I use the Amulet which gives 8-10% life leech per attack so you don't need to have Life Leech/Life on hit gems.

More attack speed, quicker APS on your weapon = More life leech in a shorter time = Easier to stay alive.

Also good amount of health on ALL of your items including rings will be a good start, along with MAXIMUM resist. As far as chaos resistance goes, mine is currently at -42% and it seems to be fine rolling through level 70 maps @ level 82.

Hope this helps!

This is my current gear
You should try to get your resists >50%, if you haven't already.

I also noticed your chestpiece has low armor, that could be the cause as well. Try to get a 1k chestpiece.

Finally you should be able to find better trinkets(rings, amulets..)
IGN 1: _Momentum_
2: Kurnaz_Tilki
Ive been looking for a new chest peice. No luck with drops for one though lol
"
exzile wrote:

This is my current gear

Why do you use WED gem on the mace is beyond me. Use a Melee Physical gem. Also your gear has about 40% fire resist and 30% lightning/cold. You really need to get those values up... With the Merciless -60% penalty, even if you took 2 diamond nodes and use 6 endurance charges, you are still barely hitting 30-40% resists.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info