Money Making Suggestion for GGG, Xbox One

After playing through the game for my first time on Xbox One, I looked back at my playtime and wondered what could have been easily improved about the game for players, and also be a big win for GGG in terms of micro transactions.

My biggest hurdle of understanding at the beginning of the game was why I couldn't sell items on the Trade Market. In fact this simple problem almost made me quit the game. I thought to myself "Wow this Trade market thing must be broken since my Selling window is missing or something". I decided to look online and after some digging learned about Premium Stash Tabs. Ok, that made some sense since Premium tabs are a decent way for GGG to make money. However, as a new player it felt deceptive and almost shut me off to the game.

So here's my idea to fix the problem: Allow all players to be able to sell just a 1 or 2 items at a time on the Trade Market, without a Premium Stash Tab.
The money-making result for GGG: Players will get to understand how selling works on the Trade Market, they won't get excluded from any content via a pay-wall, and they will definitely get hooked on using the trade market. This would ultimately lead to huge sales in Premium Stash Tabs for GGG, without the risk of losing players.

I'm not just saying this as a freemium player or anything. I mean, I eventually spent 20 dollars getting some extra stash tabs at lvl70 or so. However, GGG would have gotten me hooked way sooner and likely had more of my money early-on. More money early-on means that I would have been more likely to dump even more into the game later on, and so-forth. Just sayin', seems like a win-win for players and GGG.
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2018, 1:10:39 PM
I agree, while I understand this game is not for everyone, forcing people to pay to trade is a good way to turn new players away.
Or people to convince to spend 5 $ to upgrade some stash tabs to premium. 5 $ isn't that much ;)
well giving players a like 5x5 mini premium stashtab, would definitely help with it. Maybe make it console id bound, that only one account on a console can actually make it public. This would avoid the ppl to create unlimited accs to avoid paying for it. So if you wanna turn your to public, a little warning, that it will be deactivated on all other accs associated with this console. But yeah if ppl would really go through all this trouble, they might not have the money to spare anyway. They could definitely find a suitable solution. And they could also make an upgrade mtx for it, thats kinda cheap, to get those accs started/hooked.
The "upgrade" already excist, its the spend 5 to buy for 1.5 (1 atm) and get store credit for the rest that I guess is the problem. Kinda stupid but buying pts 1 €/£/$/whatever at a time also is. Theres no middleground. Hell, forget the pts and just buy the items directly... different version of same problem. Free is an illusion and life aint fair (believe me I know) yet its funny that a glorified single player experience (SSF) is actualy a coverup for trading later on... the REAL endgame.
Would love to see a comment from GGG on this one... what do you guys think?

This change wouldn't exactly benefit me directly, but I could see some of my friends getting more involved in the game with this. They too were confused about selling on the Trade Board.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info