Designing the Elder Uniques

cool
Another junk. the good stuff slowly turns into junk, just to justify the pointless spend time instead of fixing the half tree which is currently not working, and the witches is practically dead class.
You forgot 2handers.
How can i get 10 belts to drop in a row? Do you think that is fun or acceptable?

I stoped playing the league because the way i tried to play the atlas - kill elder as often as possible - is just not rewarding at all.

No maps, no reward, no me playing :P
"
voodoov wrote:
How can i get 10 belts to drop in a row? Do you think that is fun or acceptable?

I stoped playing the league because the way i tried to play the atlas - kill elder as often as possible - is just not rewarding at all.

No maps, no reward, no me playing :P

The only good thing is the jewel that's it and possibly the necklace.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
God, listen to all the bickering.. If it's THAT bad go play something else instead of complaining like a child because your standards aren't being met.

Just remember there's people out there creating this content for you for free. Some of you expect way too much.

I'm enjoying the expansion, so GG GGG.
I think these are some of the most interesting uniques in the game GGG but you really need to get somebody who pushes ladder on your staff to playtest this stuff, nebuloch is ok, shimmeron is bad and hopeshredder is offensively bad and its just a waste of what I at least think is fantastic unique design.

Nebulochs a little underpowered but its benefits are real and its the easiest to sustain for the people its designed for.

Shimmeron is a crit stick in a game where everyone caps crit easily so the drawback far outweighs the benefits, I actually slapped this in a variety of builds and found it performed badly compared to even decent-ish rares and that was completely ignoring the penalty.

Hopeshredder is a classical failure of statting, EDPS weapons require attack speed or crit to be useful, Hopeshredder would have to do significantly more cold damage to be usable, atm you can replace it in most builds with even a nuro's harp and you won't lose anything (except the massive degen).

Still really pleased with the xpac don't get me wrong and I think the design of these items is fantastic they just need tweaking to be power appropriate, nebuloch is pretty close just tweak the other two until they are around that area.
Cool design imo but wrong balance among them.

Weapons seems crap even if you build around them (except mace but you need sacrifice a lot anyway). On the other hand some combination of jewels are broken without any downsides (f.e. clarity aura).

Last edited by Rakiii on Jan 8, 2018, 7:08:52 AM
Nebuloch, Hopeshredder and Shimmeron are carbage. You think the people need a fucking degen for the balance?
The only good or usable items are the Watcher's Eye Jewel and some of the amulets.

The weapons are total garbage compared to rare weapons, the downsides even make them worse.

The belt shows a total misunderstanding of your own game to be honest.
The elemental ailments are not so bad that you would need anything else than a flask for freeze and maybe shock.

Having a belt that makes players immune to the ailments is nice - but the damage is bad compared to other available belts and it completely lacks resistances.

So... whoever designed these probably doesnt really play the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info