[3.1] Max block molten strike gladiator | Budget & Beginner Friendly | All content viable | Huge dps

Hello!
This is the first time I write a build guide, since I am very satisfied with it.
It requires no items to get you mapping and you can very easily do uber lab with it.
Its especially good this league because you don't have to pay attention at elder guardians, elder himself and basically almost all the content because of how great block is.

Clear speed is pretty good and you always have max endurance and frenzy charges while clearing, no charge generation on bosses without adds sadly.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
Dirt cheap to start
Very tanky
Great damage speed and clear speed
No uniques required
No need of movement speed, so you can buy gg boots for low price
Can do most map mods safely
Can do all content without stressing out
Gear and aura flexibility, you don't rely on anything

Cons:
Reduced block chance maps are so annoying i reroll them.
Bis unique amulet is very expensive.

Molten strike and this build's playstyle explanation

Molten strike is a melee attack skill which releases projectiles upon impact. My build scale damage from projectiles, you can almost forget about melee part of the skill that's why I mostly ignored melee modifiers.
You just jump between packs obliterating them with molten balls, make sure to keep fortify from leap slam up.

Gem links

Molten strike - weapon elemental damage - added fire damage - ancestral call (swap for multistrike on bosses, but you don't really need to damage is high enough) - elemental focus (ignite sucks ass) - concentrated effect

My lovely endurance charge generator:
After uber lab you will get 10% reduced physical damage taken on maximum endurance charges, so i really recommend using it.
Reckoning - riposte - stun - endurance charge on melee stun

Curse and block setup:
Cast when damage taken (lvl 1!) - tempest shield (lvl 7!) - curse on hit (level doesn't matter) - flammability (level doesn't matter)

Use ancestral protector on boss fights or near abyss (not warchief because we wont benefit from melee damage)

I use herald of ash and hatred, but as I said you can use whatever you want. You can take iron reflexes and use grace + arctic armor if you don't feel tanky enough :P

Movement:
Leam slam - blood magic - fortify - flame or lightning golem

Current gear

Before getting good rare sword you can use Damage wont be that much lower.
Note that it is very important to get 5% block gloves, which can go up to 7% with haku suffix. I made my gloves with some chaos spamming, got these in 18 chaos. I don't recommend buying 5% block gloves because people kinda overprice them.
For shield we want to have 5% life recovery on block in the future but this is enough.
Sword is not mirror tier don't get scared lol, bought it for 2ex.

Screenshots

Note that block is 62% in hideout, this is because of tempest shield is not activated and I have 8% block from gladiator and 2% from jewel, which we reach upon taking damage.
For some reason screenshot doesnt post here so here is a link to current defensive stats:
https://imgur.com/a/6fBhk

Path of building links

https://pastebin.com/RdK1DFJd
There is a lot of stuff to check in calculations, you usually don't have charges on boss fights.

I don't expect much people to notice my guide but I will be glad to help if someone will like it. Will update it as well.

Last edited by Berserker77 on Dec 31, 2017, 8:32:52 AM
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2018, 5:59:57 PM
Heya I'd really like to try this build out but am currently low on currency, what would you think be a good substitute for the xoph's blood? ty for reply in advance
"
Corsier wrote:
Heya I'd really like to try this build out but am currently low on currency, what would you think be a good substitute for the xoph's blood? ty for reply in advance

Hello, sorry for a bit late response since I've been working past 2 days. Until I farmed xoph I just had rare onyx amulet with 40 life and some phys damage. It doesnt really matter :) I just noticed I was wearing jewellery from level 20 when I killed elder on t13. Hope you will enjoy the build :)

You can actually use anvil since this is block build. But i really dont like no health and reduced attack speed on it.
Last edited by Berserker77 on Jan 10, 2018, 9:15:37 AM
Hi, ty for post the build, can you upload some videos of t14 bosses?, and 1 question, why you use a high physical sword if you use moltenstrike and you need Elemental damague?

TY
"
Hi, ty for post the build, can you upload some videos of t14 bosses?, and 1 question, why you use a high physical sword if you use moltenstrike and you need Elemental damague?

TY

MS scales with phys damage and gets converted to fire. It looks like the choice to use swords revolves around the large number of phys 1H+shield/sword nodes available on the tree. Try swapping in a sword with high ele rolls into his path of building pastebin and you'll see the difference.
Hi, just started to try this build as I am new to the game, and so far I really love it because of the straightforward playstyle!
Just one quick question, since this build relies on high block chance, do you think it is possible to use the Anvil as amulet since it gives lots block chance and armor? Or do you think the -10% attack speed is too much sacrifice
can you link your skill tree?
"
needtogetlaid wrote:
Hi, just started to try this build as I am new to the game, and so far I really love it because of the straightforward playstyle!
Just one quick question, since this build relies on high block chance, do you think it is possible to use the Anvil as amulet since it gives lots block chance and armor? Or do you think the -10% attack speed is too much sacrifice

Hello! I’m sorry for the late reply, I think I mentioned anvil amulet in the guide. Block on it is usefull indeed however you can get max block without it and I really dislike having no life nor other stats on amulet
"
PeaBrain wrote:
can you link your skill tree?

It should be in the PoB link, if you dont use PoB, I can make a quick tree here for you once I get home :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info