Legacy Doomfletch -> Doomfletch's Prism - possible bug

I have searched the forums and haven't found this issues yet. I understand that after the recent 3.1 update to the game, all dropped/divine orbed Doomfletch bows will now only give 100% more damage of an element (down from 110%). It is also my understanding that when completing a prophecy to upgrade an item to the fated version, legacy items SHOULD retain all legacy mods.

After downloading 3.1, I immediately purchased a LEGACY version of Doomfletch with the 110% more damage mod. I completed the ancient doom prophecy with this bow and it was upgraded to Doomfletch's Prism, and it retained the 110% more damage mod. I placed the bow into the single item storage slot of the currency stash tab and logged off.

A few days after I logged on again and downloaded the additional patch updates for bug fixes etc. I checked the bow and found that the legacy 110% more damage mod was changed to the current 100% more damage mod. NO other stats were changed on the bow. The implicit mod (24% increased elemental damage) remained the same, the added damage (10-20) remained the same, the 35% critical strike remained the same, 14% attack speed remained the same.

I did not use a divine orb on the bow. If the item was altered by something to update the stats, I think the odds of it having retained all of the same mods at their original values and that only the 110% changed to 100% would be slim to none. I believe this is a bug. Is there anything that can be done to remedy this? I invested most of my currency into purchasing this bow for the legacy stats and now I have no way of getting it back because the desirable legacy mod is gone.
Last edited by itserP on Dec 21, 2017, 1:45:05 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2018, 1:53:20 PM
Bump

TL,DR:

I completed ancient doom with a legacy Doomfletch, and it was downgraded to the non-legacy stats when it became Doomfletch Prism.
Bump
Can anyone at least provide a possible explanation for why this may have happened?
Anyone?
"It is also my understanding that when completing a prophecy to upgrade an item to the fated version, legacy items SHOULD retain all legacy mods."
Not if the Prophecy changes (rerolls) said legacy mod.
Oh ok, so it actually re-rolled the value into the current non-legacy 100% when the mod was updated from the prophecy? I was assuming that the value portion should remain unchanged and that the the mod only updated (added) the elemental damage outputs based on the original value. Has anyone else experienced an issue with this?
"
itserP wrote:
Oh ok, so it actually re-rolled the value into the current non-legacy 100% when the mod was updated from the prophecy? I was assuming that the value portion should remain unchanged and that the the mod only updated (added) the elemental damage outputs based on the original value. Has anyone else experienced an issue with this?

I believe what Viper is saying is that a Fated legacy item will retain its legacy mod, IFF that mod is not what's being changed. The 110% random-element mod on a (legacy) Doomfletch, in this case, is actively discarded and replaced with the new '100% of all elements' modifier, which doesn't respect legacy rolls.

Something like Fate-ing an old 0.4% leech Kaom's Way or such respects legacy rolls because the legacy mod in question is retained through the change. Doomfletch/Prism specifically does not work this way because the desirable legacy mod people want is specifically what the Prophecy changes, so you can't acquire new legacy Prisms.

Sorry, man. Sucks that you killed a bunch of currency on this, but it looks like game is working as intended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info