Arc but which support gems??

I currently use a summon/arc build. I enjoy arc and the range/safety it gives me.

Which support gems would you guys link to give you the best dps? Chain, faster casting, Lightning penetration, added light dam.?? I appreciate any opinions and help.
Level 81 Witch - Summoner/Arc
Level 86 Shadow - Freeze Pulse/Tank
Level 61 Marauder - Infernal Blow/Tank
IGN name: Andrunicus, LitchQueen, or Infernal_Blows
imo arc isnt for dps but for shock stacking. in that case im using arc+elemental proliferation+faster casting/chain
IGN: NinjaJedi, UknowWHO
Yep, arc is not very well supported by gems.

You can use arc for sniping elite though, if you have enough damage on hit. It depends on what you want to do:

- stack shock: try to find a quality arc (increase shock chance) + elemental proliferation + added lightning damage with quality (increase shock chance)
- high dps one shooting laser: quality arc (shock is always nice) + increase Critical chance (quality) + increase critical damage(quality) + lightning penetration (quality for + damage)

Imho chain is not good for arc. Arc already does 50% of it's damage due to be considered as a multi target spell, diminishing it by another 50% doesn't worth it. you better go for spark + fork for multiple target hit

Do not put a faster casting gem unless needed because arc is already very expensive.
Last edited by downstroy on Feb 28, 2013, 7:42:39 AM
Chain lowers the DPS and bumps to mana cost too much, I would only use it just because visually it looks cool with the lightning arcs flying everywhere.

Elemental Profileration is very good with arc, assuming you have some sort of AoE damage to back up the AoE shock.

Faster Casting is great if you can handle the mana cost.

Spell Totem with Arc is also very good, since people mostly use it primarily for the shock stacking anyway.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Feb 28, 2013, 8:08:49 AM
I use it on my shield, Chain, Item Rarity and then Arc. If I'm doing difficult content I'll use elemental proliferation instead of IR. I use it for the distance, the cool looking AOE effect and pots. I fire at the pots and it chains off enemies and I feel like I clear rooms just a little bit faster, at least not walking around so much. Total shit DPS but I recently switched to a +14% arc, I feel like this is viable for shocking end game, not DPS.
IGN Wraeclastt
I use Arc>Faster Casting>Spell Echo>Lightning Penetration>Health leach.

I find it odd that no one mentions spell echo. I play the game regularly, but dont really know a great deal about how all this works. Could anyone explain why the lack of Spell Echo?
No-on mentioned Spell Echo because at the time this thread was created/active it didn't exist. Check the post dates and you'll see that you exhumed a rotting, stinking carcass which is more bones than flesh.

If it had existed they would have mentioned it because Spell Echo is an excellent support for Arc.
Last edited by f4sak3n on Apr 10, 2015, 8:49:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info