Null Portals

Just got a bout 8 Null Portals in my first Phant Map. Can't find any info on them or mention of them in any patch note, or thread. Since there were a lot of firsts in this map, I'm not able to figure out what they are for. Is it Elder related... the map had Elder influence and the tentacle beasts came out with the other mobs? Is it a general feature of the Phant Map? Was it a map mod? Is is league specific? Dunno.

All they seemed to do was spew some monsters and drop some ilvl +2 goodies when destroyed.
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2018, 5:38:13 PM
I've got them in 5 or 6 Elder influenced maps already.

So i guess they are just an Elder Feature. First time i spotted one, i thought

it was a boss, because of the huge life pool.
Well... they give experience, loot, and slow down the speed-run meta. Good addition.
essentialy they are bonus monsters for doing elder influenced maps, they bring in a fair amount of loot by spawning monsters that drop loot. Doing elder/shaper influenced maps gives additional monsters. Some of which are null portals, some are eldritch spawns, some are shaper void monsters.
Never was a fan of chaining one map over and over again.

And beside the new maps (some of them are really beautiful) all those additions

fitting really well into my play style. And SSF is going pretty well for me, too. :-)
I have a belt that gives +40% damage to abysmal creatures. Are the creatures that come out of null portals abysmal ?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Well... they give experience, loot, and slow down the speed-run meta. Good addition.

slow down speed meta? speed meta just skips them i bet xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
diesfourth wrote:
I have a belt that gives +40% damage to abysmal creatures. Are the creatures that come out of null portals abysmal ?

No. Abyssal creatures are those that come out of Abyss cracks, and found in Abyssal Depths.

The Abyss league has no direct interaction with the War of the Worlds expansion (Shaper and Elder stuff).
"
satanttin wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

slow down speed meta? speed meta just skips them i bet xd

They get enough dps to one shot them. Typically shaper deletion build will be able to do this.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
they're way too good imo
the fact that they give more mobs and can drop maps is pretty ridiculous. they nerfed their tankiness so unless you get some bad bloodlines mods theyre pinatas.

shaper has no equivalent pinatas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info