Sound Problems After 3.1

There has been a lot of problems with sounds not working properly in 3.1. For an example loot filter sounds not working. Currency items don't have any sounds when they drop or skill sounds not working even tho sound effects is maxed out.
There has been few Reddit posts about this problem with a lot of people experiencing this. I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible.
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2018, 4:41:16 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm having this issue as well only since 3.1. Especially when there is lots going on. Some sounds don't play at all. For instance, using Flesh Offering during a large scale battle generates no sound, also loot filter sounds don't play, some battle sounds are quiet. Basically it's like the sound channels are saturated and not all sound is playing when there are too many sound effects. It's very unpleasant and annoying.

Is anyone else having similar issues? I already have max sound channels and my rig hasn't changed since 3.0 and I didn't have this issue in 3.0.

Edit: I've also tried reverb on and off. Not a lot of other sound options to play with in game.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Dec 13, 2017, 4:01:32 PM
I have the same problems when a lot happens ingame.
I have the same problem since 3.1. No matter what Settings i try, nothing changes at all. It is even worse than having Channel Count set to low. In Fight with alot of Mobs easily 75% of all Sounds getting swallowed and just dont play at all, like the Game cannot play more than six different Sounds at once. Its horrible please fix this fast. Btw. i use Soundblaster ZXR, someone else have the same Card?
I'm gonna bump this thread too cuz I've recently run into a few oddities myself.

Lacerate's sound seems muffled and unimpressive.

Summon Skeletons with mages from the threshold jewel don't have any sort of casting sound.

Tormented spirits don't make any noise at all until I'm pretty much right on top of them.

I'm convinced somethings busted and I can't really do anything about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info