Mine detonation isn't consistent while moving.

Just discovered this today, and it's easily reproducible;

Lay a mine and let it arm. While you are stationary, the mines will detonate 100% of the time. If however you are moving while you hit your detonate key, there will be a very good chance your mines will not detonate, and may take up to 4 to 5 subsequent key presses to actually accomplish a detonation.

This bug occurs regardless of whether attack in place is activated or not.

This bug appears entirely unaffected by laying speed, arming speed, or having the instant detonation passive node.

This bug does not seem to be caused by arming, as it can be reproduced well after full arming cycle is complete.

Short video showing the bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DLB4LZE_9s&feature=youtu.be
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2018, 4:13:53 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Have passed this along. Thanks for the report!
i just stopped mapping because of this, died like 4 times with the abyss, going to have to wait for the fix
Just noticed this too and is super annoying. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Also I'm not sure if this is related, but I feel like my detonate mine + spell totem doesn't always work. I don't know if I missed anything in patch notes, but I used the same setup last league, was able to place the totem down, and run as far away from it as possible and it would still work(detonate mines) as long as totem was active. But now that doesn't seem to be the case. I have to be close to the totem and place it again and again with each pack of monster. Even after this, sometimes it still wont work and I have to use D key to manually detonate mine.

"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
Have passed this along. Thanks for the report!

can we have an update?
The bug is much easier to reproduce with predictive instead of lockstep, which leads me to believe it is ping related.

On another note, try to use the skill bar hotkey for detonating mines over the detonate mine button for the time being. It is clunkier than the alternative and ameks you stop for a brief moment but at least detonates your mines consistently.

Best of luck gentlemen.

Note: I played necromancer in a certain game, so it is ok for me to necro this post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info