=( Quest Disappeared so I couldn't get a skill point reward

Quest disappeared inbetween acts so I couldn't return to it and get a skill point. Not fun.

Quest The way Forward.

I killed Merveil and realized I hadn't finished Quest The Way Forward. So I had 2 quests at that time - to get to forest, and The way forward. I must've not met the lady sealing the pass at prisoner's gate.
So I decided to finish it.
But there was no teleporter nearby, and I knew there will be one in the forest at the entrance. So went to the forest to teleport to prisoner's gate to do the quest.
However, my quests vanished, as I miraculously turned in Act 2.

I still went to location and met the lady that sealed the pass. But quest wasn't already at my disposal

I think, its not fair, because game is supposed to be seamless, and at the same time I didn't miss that quest - because it is a Story Quest, lol.

So it looks buggy:

1) impossible to return and finish quests in previous acts - there should be some warning that they will burn out.

2) it was a Story Quest, so I believe there should be some script not allowing to go ahead before finishing it!
it just doesn't make sense. a story quest shouldn't behave like a side quest that could be missed!

I don't think that I can get it back. A Skill Book from developers would be a nice gift though.

Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 12:27:58 AM
still, the most likely explanation remains:

3) you are missing something

can you post a screenshot of your Act 1 quest log? (this quest is assigned to you in early act 1, but it takes place in act 2)

edit: quests dont normally disappear. You can return and finish uncompleted quests at any time
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 10, 2017, 2:18:14 PM
The way forward is completed in act 2. You have to go to the end of the road in the western forest, kill the blackguards, pick up the key thingy and socket it in the wall. Afterwards, you return to A1 town and talk to bestel to get the reward.
Phew.
I'm an idiot.
Internet said its act 1 and I didn't check the log properly.

I was so sad!

I have a birthday today, so good luck to me and all of you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info