Question About CWDT

Fairly simple question.
Lets say I have 3x CWDT setups with fireballs.
So I have 3x Separate links with the same CWDT lvls.
Will all 3 setups fire a fireball?
Or will they go one after another?
All I wanna know if different cwdt setups with same levels can cast the same spell at the same time?
It works fine if the spells are not the same.
" Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 12:23:26 PM
So, in the setup you are talking about, no, only one fireball will fire.

Specifically: when CWDT triggers, it puts a cooldown on every spell with the same name preventing them from firing for 1/4 second. Then the damage counters, etc, carry on as before.

The only way you can successfully duplicate spells is to ensure that your different CWDT triggers go off outside the cooldown period between casts of the same spell. (But it is a better idea just to use only one of any given spell in the trigger.)

As an aside, if it worked, they would trigger in a specific order of items, and then a specific order of gems within the item, detailed on the wiki if you need to know. This can be relevant for, eg, phase run, which will be auto-cancelled if you trigger another spell after it with CWDT.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Dec 10, 2017, 10:37:07 AM
It'll fire the highest level Fireball that it can support.
"
bvanharjr wrote:
It'll fire the highest level Fireball that it can support.

Are you absolutely certain? As far as I understand the mechanics of CWDT, and as far as the wiki understands them, each of them operates independently except for the shared cooldown by spell name. That means that the first CWDT in the trigger sequence that fires will put the rest on cooldown, even if the later gems or CWDTs have a higher level version of the spell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info