Time to remove identifying items and wisdom scrolls ?

With the increase in 3.0 and now 3.1 in amounts of items, stuff and general crafting, i think its about time for GGG to consider removing this feature completely. It mostly slows down gameplay, players end up leaving potentialy godly items behind because of having a shittier base or whatever and it is extremely tedious for newer players. Loot filters are made to simply get away all shit items, why not make all items identified, so people can costumize loot filters to an extent, where they can search for specific properties on items and such. It would greatly reduce downtime, annoyance and newer players.

What are your thoughts on the wisdom scrolls ?

Could this also be a solutions for the annoying bag space problem, when doing stuff ?

Increases of main bag storage and stash tabs, the introduction of an identify all feature at Navali or something might help, but wouldn´t removal be even better ?
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2017, 11:35:33 AM
I disagree with having all items drop identified, as I believe most players would. It takes up a lot of extra space on the screen having the full name of items displayed, for one, and for two it makes looting a bit too meh. You have to pick up 100 shit items for every Gg item, that's part of the experience.

I have long wanted a mechanic similar to Deckard Cain though. Toting wisdom scrolls is a joke, and picking them up is an even bigger joke. There's nothing worse than running out of scrolls at level 90 after identifying a full tab of jewels that dropped in a sextant map. Actually, the only thing worse is picking up a full stack of wisdom scrolls up from the ground while your party is off killing the boss. Waste of time and waste of space.

Give us a Deckard equivalent. Zana would be perfect for this.
"
caged_rage666 wrote:
I disagree with having all items drop identified, as I believe most players would. It takes up a lot of extra space on the screen having the full name of items displayed, for one, and for two it makes looting a bit too meh. You have to pick up 100 shit items for every Gg item, that's part of the experience.

I have long wanted a mechanic similar to Deckard Cain though. Toting wisdom scrolls is a joke, and picking them up is an even bigger joke. There's nothing worse than running out of scrolls at level 90 after identifying a full tab of jewels that dropped in a sextant map. Actually, the only thing worse is picking up a full stack of wisdom scrolls up from the ground while your party is off killing the boss. Waste of time and waste of space.

Give us a Deckard equivalent. Zana would be perfect for this.

maybe with a portal scroll cost attached
you shouldn't have to pick up wisdom scrolls after a certain point,
you should have stacks of transmutation and alteration orbs,
just vendor a stack every now and then.

I think it's 4 scrolls per orb.
I'd be more interested in seeing something that maybe picks up more than one scroll at a time. I like having a lot of scrolls, but I can't stand stopping to pick up huge piles of them.
"
frenzul wrote:
I'd be more interested in seeing something that maybe picks up more than one scroll at a time. I like having a lot of scrolls, but I can't stand stopping to pick up huge piles of them.

Selling alteration orbs is just that. 4:1 ratio of pickups, and you mostly get them as a side-effect of getting random gear stuff....
Being able to 100% guarantee that every worthwhile drop is picked up would crash the economy overnight. The Wisdom Scroll thing, that veil between items and their stats, and the investment required to haul items around or I.D. everything to try and avoid hauling junk, is a big part of how GGG balances their wealth gain rates in the game. They're already antsy-dancy over people getting rich and acquiring Gud Schitt too easily; letting stuff drop identified and allowing people to tune their item filters to specifically highlight only market-worthy items is...yeah.

Not going to happen.

I wouldn't mind a better way to acquire scrolls of wisdom, since they're super aggravating to deal with. Everyone says picking up wisdoms is a Total Waste Of Time(TM)...but if nobody ever picked the damn things up nobody would be able to buy them en mass for a chaos or two. However necessary it is, picking up and identifying a thousand bits of vendor trash before finding one item maybe worth five chaos on the market never feels good. It's baked into the skeleton of the game at this point, but perhaps we can bandage the ache a bit. I don't know if a Deckard Cain Wisdom Scroll w/Feet is the solution, but it's a problem I wouldn't mind being investigated in the future.
It´s annoying to identify hundreds of craps. They should reduce drop of the rare items by 90% and rework the mechanic behind affix roll (some clever mechanic where you can´t roll 1 life on the item while playing tier 16 map).
It would make rare worth picking and identifying again.

Last edited by Rakiii on Dec 12, 2017, 8:32:57 AM
"
1453R wrote:
Being able to 100% guarantee that every worthwhile drop is picked up would crash the economy overnight. The Wisdom Scroll thing, that veil between items and their stats, and the investment required to haul items around or I.D. everything to try and avoid hauling junk, is a big part of how GGG balances their wealth gain rates in the game. They're already antsy-dancy over people getting rich and acquiring Gud Schitt too easily; letting stuff drop identified and allowing people to tune their item filters to specifically highlight only market-worthy items is...yeah.

This right here is the drop mike, thread over, reason.
I agree, or at least 'identify all' button (even with scroll consuming). And we need to talk about increasing the inventory space too now. Maybe different stash for orbs, yes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info