[3.1] vitto's Thunder Striker / League STARTER to MASTER in 1 / AC SS 2 Curse Inquisitor

ANCESTRAL CALL STATIC STRIKE DUAL CURSE INQUISITOR

This is a Static Strike build that has been under development since the announcement of the War for the Atlas. Finally after some tweaks I feel it's ready to be made public with room for improvement as feedback is given. I will be posting videos during Abyss League, for now the numbers on PoB tell me it can do all maps except for maybe no regen. 100k Shaper DPS only with GG rares and only on the first component of Static Strike; the explosion adds another 80k total.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

MECHANICS

This build was built around the interaction between Static Strike and the new support gem introduced with 3.1, Ancestral Call.

Static Strike's second component is like a Shock Nova but is based on the charge you get from it's initial hit. Considering Ancestral Call's "supported attack skills also target 2 nearby enemies" and that every hit with SS builds up charge, you will be building up triple the charges and therefore utilizing Static Strike's discharge three times faster.

In conclusion, Static Strike's first hit already hits hard; combined with this interaction we can clear packs brutally and for single target we switch to Multistrike.

For defense we use CWDT with IC, Enfeeble and Increased Duration plus over 1000 life regen when on Consecrated Ground from Insquisitor's Ascendancy combined with our passive tree and our 5 endurance charges, manually sustained through Enduring Cry. Having 5 endurance charges combined with level 20 CWDT, IC, Enfeeble and Increased Duration grants us a panic trigger since level 20 CWDT takes longer to proc IC and when it does it consumes our 5 charges for a longer reaction time. We also use a shield for additional mitigation.

With Whispers of Doom on our tree we are able to run both our CWDT Enfeeble and Conductivity for maximum close quarters efficiency, while also applying Blind and Cull from our Herald of Thunder secondary component, the lightning strikes that happen when we kill shocked enemies, which is all the time.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

PROS and CONS

+ No required uniques, highly flexible
+ Easy to cap resistances plus good survivability
+ Simple but efficient and strong
+ Not CPU heavy, your frames are safe here

+ Improvement later on can get expensive, naturally
+ Melee build, really melee, you have to hit something in the face, some people are not fond of that
+ No life regen maps can be tough

VIDEOS

Level 46 abyss example

GEMS

Body Armour 6L

- Static Strike > Elemental Damage with Attacks > Added Lightning Damage > Ancestral Call/Multistrike > Increased AoE > Lightning Penetration

4L Gloves/Helmet/Boots

- Herald of Thunder > Increased Duration > Blind > Culling Strike
- Blasphemy > Conductivity > Enlighten > Empower
- Cast When Damage Taken (20) > Immortal Call (20) > Enfeeble > Increased Duration

3L Mace/Shield

- Vaal Grace > Increased Duration > Enduring Cry
- Leap Slam/Shield Charge > Faster Attacks > Fortify OR Flame Dash > Faster Casting > Increased Burning Damage

GEAR (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Since the league started, I will start to post updates to this section as I progress and it will be updated with every new relevant find or game changer, as this section is not final by any means, use the gear on PoB as reference but reference only as the gear used there is extremely top tier and doesn't fit the STARTER player at all, again, only use it as reference as to what you should be looking for on your gear

Day 4

PASSIVES, LEVELING and ASCENDANCY

Our ascendancy of choice is Inquisitor. Kill all bandits for 2 passive points.
Ascension order is Augury of Penitence > Sanctify > Righteous Providence > Inevitable Judgement

PoE Planner

Path of Building

Leveling Progression Gallery

You can start using SS at level 12 if you want; alternatives for leveling are Lightning Strike, Wild Strike or even Elemental Hit. I personally recommend leveling using Lightning Strike for packs and Static Strike for single target, but it's up to personal preference.

18 points
Spoiler

Spoiler

33 points
Spoiler

Spoiler

44 points
Spoiler

Spoiler

55 points
Spoiler

Spoiler

71 points
Spoiler

Spoiler

81 points
Spoiler

Spoiler

95 points
Spoiler

Spoiler

Final Tree at 85 with 107/123 points, personal choice from there on
Spoiler

Spoiler

FAQ

Spoiler
You've taken a few Mace passives (around Bone Breaker and Galvanic Hammer) but your PoB setup is wielding a Scepter. Is this a mistake? If so, what's the correct way to go?

Scepters are classified as One Handed Maces, they don't have a separate category, so they also benefit from those nodes

You've taken the Resolute Technique keystone but have also taken a few crit passives. The passives you've taken including Ascendancy passives still do something without crits (ele damage, ele pen and ailment effect), but I just wanted to make sure it's not a mistake?

Righteous Providence ascendancy is just the means to get to Inevitable Judgement for the Elemental Penetration, plus it's gives us 20% increased effect of Non-Damaging ailments on enemies, boosting up our shock power.

CHANGELOG

Spoiler
12/07/17
Initial guide release
Added bandits and ascendancy progression

12/08/17
Added still images to leveling gallery
Added FAQ section

Last edited by vitttttu on Dec 11, 2017, 9:22:17 PM
Last bumped on Feb 9, 2018, 9:16:05 AM
I'm going to try this out as my Abyss starter. Would you mind adding a single still image of the target tree in each of the leveling progression sections?
Last edited by Bags__ on Dec 8, 2017, 5:07:46 AM
'Never deal crit strikes' and you got ascendancy for crit? Why?
Also a couple of questions (bear in mind I'm fairly new to following non-cookie-cutter builds):

You've taken a few Mace passives (around Bone Breaker and Galvanic Hammer) but your PoB setup is wielding a Scepter. Is this a mistake? If so, what's the correct way to go?

You've taken the Resolute Technique keystone but have also taken a few crit passives. The passives you've taken including Ascendancy passives still do something without crits (ele damage, ele pen and ailment effect), but I just wanted to make sure it's not a mistake?
Hm can this work well in HC? as starter
"
Rivid wrote:
'Never deal crit strikes' and you got ascendancy for crit? Why?

It's just the means to get to the elemental penetration ascendancy, that's all really. The ascendancy was the most complicated part to choose honestly, but this option gave me the most survivability and DPS at the same time on PoB, I will have to test further if that way is really the best or if I should go to Pious Path and go Low Life ES or something.
"
Bags__ wrote:
Also a couple of questions (bear in mind I'm fairly new to following non-cookie-cutter builds):

Scepters are classified as One Handed Maces, they don't have a separate category, so they also benefit from those nodes, and the Righteous Providence ascendancy is just the means to get to Inevitable Judgement.
The ascendancy was the most difficult part to come up with as Inquisitor has a lot of synergy and utility all around it's tree. I built the passive tree around the Consecrated Ground bonus to life regen for survivability but didn't go all the way to Pious Path.
I plan to test a LL build with Pious Path and Instruments of Virtue in the future, just for testing purposes.
Also Instruments of Virtue wasn't picked because we wouldn't benefit 100% from it since we don't cast spells.
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Hm can this work well in HC? as starter

Hmmmm, I can't tell without testing it but based on the stats I would say yes, it is. Can't promise anything but I will be testing it. If you do test it, let me know so I can add your feedback.
"
Bags__ wrote:
I'm going to try this out as my Abyss starter. Would you mind adding a single still image of the target tree in each of the leveling progression sections?

Will do. Don't you think it's going to be too cluttered? I'm thinking I should replace images with links to be viewed in another tab to avoid too much stuff, what do you think?

EDIT: Still images added.
Last edited by vitttttu on Dec 8, 2017, 4:00:12 PM
What level are you and how are you feeling about the build? Think it will be able to kill all endgame? I want to try a ss build after my duelist :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info