Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex First Assault - Server Down - Memento

It really happend. They shut down server. Crying... .)

Here at least some theme + ingame pictures!

ps: just before they shut down server, I gave pretty nasty kill :). Hope somebody enjoyed this game as well!

Last bumped on Dec 7, 2017, 5:54:34 AM
was this the game made in unity that was super hyped and then.. failed (for lack of a better word) on launch due to unity not being able to preform as good as it needed? lots of input lag and whatnot. and seen as a generic shooter with the GITS name?

(serious question, not bashing. can't remember the name of the one I described)
rawr. fear me.
@Charan: Lel what. Japs should learn English and lurk moar in the international net. Seriously, they did not release it in one of the biggest possible markets or how could a Jap GITS fan not know. What the...

edit: Unity? I dunno, so UE would have been a better choice if you are right, huh? Not that I know much, I only know that UE always performed well for me as a gam0r, since like UT2k3 and UT2k4, even UT3 which was shit btw. run smooth and other games as well.
Last edited by BlueMonday on Dec 6, 2017, 6:11:34 PM
I don't know much but I am not so arrogant as to tell (most) people what to do. Was just more of a random guess why the fanbase over there (if you are right or if I got you right) did not know about it. I mean I did not know either.

So OP, the game was fun? I kinda don't notice much about current shooters since only the current UT alpha catched my interest and except for POE I don't game much now. Was it more of a tactic or arena shooter?

Edit: See? I did not even know that PC gaming isn't that big in Japan, should've known it I mean it's the land of the consoles. P2W is disgusting. Never heard of Nexon, maybe once in combination with maple story (whatever game that is or was).
Last edited by BlueMonday on Dec 6, 2017, 6:31:55 PM
Makes sense I guess.

"
...to struggle when you have actual original publishers like Squeenix, Konami and Bamco getting into the act. Looks like they've realised this and are just pulling back to the safer territory.

Something like this was also my second thought that it was never released there because of (rather) mediocre quality, this all despite me writing the 'rant'.

"
gacha-driven mobages (mobile games)

Gacha was a jap gambling game?
Lets see.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashapon
Mkay.
"

Welp, sounds like my guess was not so far off. Bleghs, absolutely disgusting. Yeah, my opinion I guess.

Yeah, thx for the info.
Another only shooter?
No, game characters had abilities similar to what was seen in anime and overall world of GiTS was pretty nice used.

For example Motoko had its ghosting and when reached tier 2 all around could use that ghosting as well. Batou had ability of 2x hp (arm change to rocket launcher?), Togusa had seeker drone, another abilities was speed, high jumping, barrier through enemy couldnt see until team who made barrier started to shoot through it, finding enemies through walls 2x in five seconds - scan, turrets, energy shield and more.

On characters you could put various cyber implants which gave another kind of bonuses like faster reloading, faster movement speed, better accuracy, faster achieving tier two special ability (mentioned above like invisibility to spread between you allies)....

Nexon system to earn cash
System was similar to World of Tanks. That means after playing match, you was given points and for those points you was buying weapons + upgrades like more ammo pack, another cross etc, but most of them had its up and downside. You could earn those points by playing, or buy those with money. Skins for characters and weapons could be bought only with real money. You also leveled character and after each level you got bonus points too.

Why game failed?

Imo 2 main reasons: first was netcode. You could run behind corner and than u died. I think it was because shooting was calculated on each computer instead of server side, so there was quite common that 150 ping players with snipers had most kills. Even I had to quit game from time to time as that was really frustrating.

2nd thing was framerate. Game in fullscreen was only windowed fullscreen and no matter what resolution or graphics was used, fps was more or less same 70 - 130 fps and cpu and gpu was not used at max; in my case around 30%.

That game never made it out of beta and in the first beta stage there was no way how to make custom game but you had only to jump to some game randomly: deathmatch, bomb, free for all, capture the flag: after reaching objective and acquiring you could rise Tachikoma - robots from gits who helped to win with hp and high damage and to kill it fast you had to hack it to lower its shield. Creating custom games come too late imo.

GiTS are not very popular here in Europe as cyberpunk overall is rather things people dont like overall - ..who would like to have implants :).

And if game was fun?
Maps was one of best I ever saw in FPS, but bomb mission was best I ever played, Counter Strike has no chance in how good and entertaining that mode was.

Maybe I loved that game as I am fan of GiTS - had even japan version of comic book I can not read - yup, I was a bit more crazy those days :)..

5 mins from one of bomb maps, can be seen fairly a lot abilities at this timestamp cca 2:30 - same video.

Pretty ok preview.

Last edited by Rexeos on Dec 7, 2017, 8:26:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info