Estate Chrysos

Picture of the Merchant's Desk

Full album: https://imgur.com/a/OyJAN

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgNHfQeqej4

Flavor Description
Estate Chrysos is home to the exile who above all else loves gold. Whether by trading, searching the Atlas or by braving those most alluring of abysses, some exiles have gold enough to be content with no mere gilded dungeon.

The estate can equally serve the merchant, access both your private and guild stash from the same desk over which you deal your goods; the artificer, all tools for crafting are neatly arranged and built into desks; the dreamer, a golden room for your map device, not far from your stash. Of course there is also plenty of room for any forsaken master you might meet in Wraeclast.

So come in, feast your eyes on the golden decor, and relax, Exile, Estate Chrysos is more than Dream.

About
I've worked toward this hideout since the end of Legacy league, which was when I first managed to get into mapping and as such, the first time I gained access to the Immaculate Hideout. Since then I've spent quite some time grinding masters, especially Zana and Elreon, and continually improved the design.

This being my first real decorated hideout, it is not an artwork at the same level as many other hideouts here (many props to all who make them!). It is however quite functional, clean, and it should be easy to get your bearings at a glance when you enter for the first time. I've also done all I can to avoid texture clipping, which is something I could not really stand to have in my hideout.

Overall, the idea here has been to create a clean and shiny hideout that is just nice to be in. A hideout however, that on further inspection seems inhabited by someone that has not been corrupted, as many, by nightmare, but is bordering corruption in other ways. Lust, greed and hubris, come to mind.

The name then, Chrysos, relates to a latin word for gold. In Swedish, a seemingly related word "krösus" refers to someone who is very rich and prideful bordering arrogance.

Enjoy! :)
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2017, 5:38:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info