Mysterious Invaders prophecy does not work

I have purchased and used Mysterious Invaders prophecy. I have run 30+ maps (mostly Shaped Racecourse), and it didn't trigger.
Looks like a bug. Is it known one?
Last edited by Dark_Nero on Nov 22, 2017, 5:36:29 AM
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2017, 4:53:25 PM
Prophecy rolls "a list of maps to proc on" when you "purchase" it from Navali.

In short - if it didn't work at Racecourse map for the first time - it would never work on this map.
You can change (re-roll) that "list of maps to work on" by sealing the prophecy and opening it again from your inventory.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Then this is definitely a bug. Obtaining a prophecy and searching through 126 existing maps to fulfill it looks extremely poor.
"
Dark_Nero wrote:
Then this is definitely a bug. Obtaining a prophecy and searching through 126 existing maps to fulfill it looks extremely poor.

This is not a bug, this is how prophecies work. Game mechanics, you know.

Maybe i wasn't clear enough, let's try again.

When you buy prophecy - it forms a list of (let's say) 40 maps (maybe the number is higher or lower, it's just my assumption), where it would work.

If Racecourse map isn't in that list - prophecy won't work if you would run ONLY Racecourse maps.
How is this a bug?

There is a way to "reset and re-make" that "map list" (by game mechanics): you need to seal the prophecy and open it again. "Map list" would be different. Fair enough.

All of this "i THINK it's a bug" are useless words, because that's how it was coded and how the system works. You either accept it or uninstall the game. It is that simple.

If you think you might change the system - any "IN MY OPINION it should work like that" belong to Feedback & Suggestions sub-forum.

Right now it's not a bug.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Nov 23, 2017, 3:56:08 AM
HarukaTeno, why do you persuade me to uninstall the game? I am able to decide what to install and uninstall by myself, I do not need your advice for that.

I've ran several different maps, that's why i wrote "mostly Racecourse" instead of "only Racecourse". After creating this topic I ran several more maps and prophecy didn't trigger as well.

You say my words are useless. If so, your words are even more useless, because you think if "that's how it was coded" than it's not a bug. You're wrong, because all bugs "were coded", not everything that "was coded" is good behavior that can't be changed.
Your words aren't useless, mostly misplaced. This kind of criticism technically belongs in Feedback & Suggestions.

Also, your definition of a bug does not match the definition used by the vast, vast majority of other people, just so you know. The game developers intended it to work this way, in case you weren't aware.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
You're free to ask GGG directly.
Post their answer here, if you'd get one via PM or e-mail.

Let's see if i'm "wrong and useless".

The thing is that you wasn't able to find "the answer" by yourself even when this "not a bug" was already explained and discussed at least in FIVE threads (with one of them containing GGG words\reference). Apparently, google'ing is a hard task for some people.

Bye.
HarukaTeno, bye.
Last edited by Dark_Nero on Nov 28, 2017, 4:53:52 PM
adghar, if you don't know that, there are not only functional bugs. There is a lot of bug types, and some of them are usability bugs and design bugs. Even if something works as developer wanted it to work, it might still be usability bug and flaw in design (design bug).
Last edited by Dark_Nero on Nov 28, 2017, 4:53:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info