Crashing on Directx11

For two weeks now I have been getting black screens while playing followed by a notice that dxd11 has crashed. If I play on directx 9ex I have no issues but the game runs like crap.

My rig is as follows

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
I7 7700k
GTX 980 TI SC 6GB OC+
1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD
16GB Hyperx Black 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM
EVGA 700W PSU

I have used DDU to uninstall my GPU drivers multiple times and still had the issue. I have also tried rolling back my windows to see if another version worked and had no luck. I installed MSI afterburner and set my GPU to run at 90% and would still crash. I found a "fix" on steam that said to add -dxlevel 81 into launch options of the game and that will fix it and I still get the issue. I can play WoW, CSGO, PUBG, H1Z1, Destiny 2 on 1080p and have 0 issues, I only crash while playing PoE and the game is on DirectX 11.

When I play PoE my GPU runs between 76-78 Celsius which is normal for my card, when playing PUBG it basically sits at 83 Celsius the whole time so its not a overheating issue during PoE. Theres also times where I would turn my computer on, click to open PoE and instantly get the crash.

I'm here because at this point I just don't know what to do, I have basically tried everything and have had no luck. There should'nt be any reason my rig cant handle running Directx 11.

https://pastebin.com/DkBwehme
Last edited by Cheezeits on Nov 23, 2017, 3:12:53 PM
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2017, 7:42:34 AM
Nobody has any ideas?
Good times...
"
Cheezeits wrote:
Good times...

Yeah good times indeed ;), for start disable any program that is hooking onto the game like fraps, geforce experience, afb, xbox dvr, etc.. macros also scripts and the rest of the crap because there might be some sort of a conflict.
Also go to the poe folder and delete dx11 shader cache folder and upload your game logs somewhere, if they are oversized 10+mb delete them play the game untill it crashes so that new ones may generate and post those.
Cooperation is a silent form of conflict.
If you overclock with MSI Afterburner close it after you apply the overclock. It causes a lot of DX11 apps to crash on launch not just PoE. Updating MSI also fixes this issue on some machines.
"
sharky3010 wrote:
If you overclock with MSI Afterburner close it after you apply the overclock. It causes a lot of DX11 apps to crash on launch not just PoE. Updating MSI also fixes this issue on some machines.

I didn't overclock, I was downclocking my GPU to see if it was overheating which it wasn't.
"
Oloferno wrote:
"
Cheezeits wrote:
Good times...

Yeah good times indeed ;), for start disable any program that is hooking onto the game like fraps, geforce experience, afb, xbox dvr, etc.. macros also scripts and the rest of the crap because there might be some sort of a conflict.
Also go to the poe folder and delete dx11 shader cache folder and upload your game logs somewhere, if they are oversized 10+mb delete them play the game untill it crashes so that new ones may generate and post those.

Don't have Fraps, Xbox DVR already disabled due to playing CSGO, and I dont run any scripts or macro's. As far as the uploading the game logs, which one is that?\

Also i uploaded my Dxdiag pastebin to the top post so maybe someone from GG will finally help.
Last edited by Cheezeits on Nov 23, 2017, 3:15:29 PM
"
Cheezeits wrote:
"
Oloferno wrote:
"
Cheezeits wrote:
Good times...

Don't have Fraps, Xbox DVR already disabled due to playing CSGO, and I dont run any scripts or macro's. As far as the uploading the game logs, which one is that?\

Also i uploaded my Dxdiag pastebin to the top post so maybe someone from GG will finally help.

Logs that are located inside of the poe folder, also event viewer could help just find appcrash that is related to poe.
Cooperation is a silent form of conflict.
Last edited by Oloferno on Nov 23, 2017, 5:49:15 PM
Update Windows.
"
bvanharjr wrote:
Update Windows.

I have updated windows, and rolled it back to previous versions so that is not the case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info