Ngamahu's Flame vs Oro's Sacrifice

Why people choose Ngamahu's over Oro's in cyclone build? Oro's does only fire damage, and has twice as much raw dps with Avatar of Fire passive.

Then we can take 20% fire penetration from the axe, but Oro's has culling strike and frenzy charges which have 100% uptime, so there is 12% increased damage. I don't know if level 16 fire blast does any important damage.

Last bumped on Nov 18, 2017, 3:28:17 PM
theres a few reasons

the biggest reason, is ngamahu molten burst. it does a lot of damage. you don't need to 6L the item, just have 6 sockets and boom now your molten burst acts like a 6L (because its directly off the actual weapon, doesn't have to be linked). this makes it super cheap.
also the skill is very powerful. with point blank and conc effect it can easily clear the entire game.

ngamahu, yes, also has the fire pen, which is nothing to scoff at.

oro's being straight fire damage is actually not ideal. it makes it way more limited for support gems and passives to scale its damage, while ngamahu benefits from more since its phys and converted phys.

with my build, a ngamahu cyclone raider with molten strike as single target, i get over 5m shaper dps without crit. when i slam in oro's and try to swap some passives around, my dps goes down a lot.
it'll stay pretty close to the same for molten strike and its projectiles itself, maybe even a bit more with more optimization, but without the bonus damage from molten burst (which is almost a million dps on its own). so overall it is less damage almost no matter how you cut it.

even running cyclone its the same thing. cyclone may do slightly more dps with oro's but you're missing all the crazy damage with molten burst.
my current molten burst damage is about 52,000+ per ball per proc. i shoot out 9 projectiles, and it procs 20% of the time off my 9 attacks per second per mob hit. so single target you're looking at an added 842,000+ dps assuming all balls hit (which they won't but its for comparison).
with multiple mobs its crazy the amount of clearspeed ngamahu gives you.

either way they're both super awesome and super cheap weapons. can't wait for next league
But if molten burst is the weapon skill, will it work with concentraded aura support, irongrip support and point blank support gems?
yes the molten burst is the weapon skill, so to augment the skill you socket whatever support gems you want into the weapon - and they don't need to be linked.

the best setup i've found for it is rr,gg,bb

elemental damage with attacks
fire penetration
greater multiple projectiles
physical projectile attack damage
concentrated effect
elemental focus

you can also get iron grip and point blank from the tree, and yes they will work with molten burst. the support gems work with it too, but there are better gems.
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 18, 2017, 11:42:07 AM
"
Zeturion wrote:
Oro's does only fire damage, and has twice as much raw dps with Avatar of Fire passive.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Avatar of Fire does nothing for Oro's' base damage, precisely because it does only fire damage.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info