starter for war for the atlas

So I am trying to play less computer games so I can be more active and healthy, but my personal compromise is that I play at the beginning of the new league and only make one character. So I want to make the right choice and pick a character that I can take from 1-90 and will be able to clear everything (except lab, I'll take a carry on those, I don't enjoy lab and sometimes get connection issues in there-- goodbye 5c for offering). I was considering ngamahu cyclone berserker (how is the slayer version?) or ED occultist, but I'll consider most others (not totems, golems, SRS or summons-- they just aren't for me).
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2017, 11:36:10 AM
With the Vaal Pact nerf, a Cyclone Slayer might finally be better than a Cyclone Berserker.

Personally, I'm gonna wait for the details of the reworked and added skills. Might try Lightning Tendrils CWC Shock Nova or one of the new corpse bomber skills.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Before we can see the final patch notes its early to speculate what currently popular "exploits" and synergies will persist in 3.1.0

Slayer seems to be the safe bet, but I suppose the endless leech thingy will be tweaked too. I cant imagine they would double Slayer's leech potential with VP rework, Slayer is already OP and being able to endlessly leech like 70% of HP per second does not seem real to me.

Well you can do basically anything to perform well in maps (when done properly), but ~97% of those builds will have troubles with Shaper (or guardians). Also, the great role in these fight plays the fight knowledge and ability to control the character precisely.. What I want to say is that if you dont care about shaper than you have tons of possibilities, if you do, then, your choices will be limited, especially if you want to make it for relatively cheap..

Ngamahu cyclone is easy and affordable, you cant go wrong with that in my opinion..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
ya i'll be doing another ngamahu cyclone as raider in abyss. im rocking it in harby and its just so cheap to start and so powerful. i go raider for the evasion layer of defense with avatar of the chase. if i run grace over anger i end up with 88% melee evade and 80% projectile evade when i have onslaught (which is 100% of the time). its a mechanic long overlooked, and with the removal of instant leech we will need to reinvest in actual defenses like mitigation and avoidance.

the way i've built, i have a 4L cyclone for clear and 6L molten strike for single target. i'll probably be looking to get a good set of either gloves boots or helmet for my cyclone setup, something with two added supports on socketed items so i can run cast on melee kill with volatile dead, like you can see early in the trailer. looks like it would pair great with ngamahu molten burst.

i can't wait for this next league.
i usually run a farmer character into the mid 80s which takes about a week before i build my final guy that i want to play for the rest of the league, in order to farm up currency to build said guy. for this i'll definitely be getting a bleedsplosion gladiator. i played that in turmoil and the farm is just incredible and fast. great for running maps and picking up cards/chaos so i can afford the ngamahu raider
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 18, 2017, 11:36:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info