Checking rescorces Alocating space

I have a question concerning your exe file, why is it when you have to download anything for the game it starts off with checking resources this can take 10 minutes then it goes into allocating space this takes another 10 minutes and then when all this is done does it actually start downloading the update.
Over the years I have played hundreds of game but yours is the only game that does this.
Last bumped on Nov 16, 2017, 7:10:04 PM
FWIW, every single game updated by steam follows the exact same pattern: copy everything, then apply a patch to it, and if it works, only then delete the original version and replace it with the patched version.

(That is, when steam itself does the update, not when you download a client that then has native patching.)

The reports that the native patcher is so slow do make me wonder why, though. If I were you I'd consider grabbing Process Monitor and watching to see if you can figure out why it is so very slow.

(I'd also use the simpler performance graphs in Task Manager, and Resource Monitor, to see if they made it obvious, eg, your disk is pegged at 100 percent busy the whole time, but has low write rates, or something.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info