[3.16 updated] BRO, DO YOU EVEN SUMMON? Life/ES Dark Pact Skeleton Caster League Starter

"
On the wiki it's state that any CI character using Gloomfang will commit suicide as long as the life gain on hit does not compensate the life lost on hit. so becareful ;)

You are right. Just tested it on my CI char with firestorm and I got insta killed. It's weird since I've tested it before 3.5 release with the same char but using an Essence Drain and I didn't get killed.
How hard is to kill uber elder with this build? Its the only 1 boss that I did not kill yet in PoE.

Im farming now currency but Im not really sure what build should I pick to finally beat the Uber.

Are there other options to have easier time trying to kill Uber Elder for the first time (except Zerphi)?
On a scale of 1 to 10 it's about 4 at killing Uber Elder.
It's not a beginner-friendly build, UE will make you his slave if you never did the encounter before.

The build itself is also quite hard to handle.
There are plenty of builds that can do it easier! And even cheaper.

I've invested about 20ex so far and it does a great job at anything if you have the skill and the knowledge. Even started with it from sratch, but I won't label it as an "easy kill all on a budget" :)
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
"
zoNiklv wrote:

The build itself is also quite hard to handle.
There are plenty of builds that can do it easier! And even cheaper.

So which build could do it easier? Any hints?
Any of the new: Winter Orb, Brands, Cold DoTs and few dozen others. You really should ask this kinda stuff through PMs.

To be fair, this build makes all of them look bad if you have it properly setup.
I've never done maps so quick, and syndicate looks like a bunch of kids :D

Edit: Yet to find out how we fair in delves 600+, but i think it gonna be okay.
Last edited by zoNiklv on Dec 16, 2018, 6:41:04 AM
"
How hard is to kill uber elder with this build? Its the only 1 boss that I did not kill yet in PoE.

Im farming now currency but Im not really sure what build should I pick to finally beat the Uber.

Are there other options to have easier time trying to kill Uber Elder for the first time (except Zerphi)?

This is my only build I have ever tried Uber Elder so I won't provide any objective opinion how it falls out against other builds. It took me something like 8 sets to finally got my first kill but after maybe 20 kills I've became consistent in deathless/1 death runs. This fight is pretty much about knowing mechanics and since it has been introduced last year people have learned how to fight against him and now are able to beat him with almost any build. If you decide to try Uber Elder with my build just remember to:

-have a good mobility (double speed quicksilver and at least 25% speed boots, also with speed enchant and upgraded Garukhan Pantheon)
-always pay attention to what Elder is doing
-use Phase Run
-put Wither Totem whenever you can (20% quality Spell Totem and 20%q Multi Totems HIGHLY recommended)
Is someone running a ES version? i am dying left an right and hope to compensate by switching to es but i never played a true es char...
"
eintopf wrote:
Is someone running a ES version? i am dying left an right and hope to compensate by switching to es but i never played a true es char...

In OP's latest video he had around 6.4k life with a defensive curse + leech + flask which should be plenty of defense for everything up until after shaper. I'd actually like to know how he did it, I've got decent life rolls ony gear and I'm only sitting at 4.5k.
"
eintopf wrote:

Don't die left and right, switch to Basalt Flask + Rumi instead of two hp flasks and mana flask. Plus make sure you have all on this covered on your flasks: Curse Immunity, Bleed Immunity, Freeze Immunity and Burn Immunity if you have troubles with burns.

Also take white versions of your flasks, quality them to +20%. Use Alterations to get needed prefixes and then craft suffixes with Bestiary.

My usual flask setup for maps is (I get onslaught from jewel/boots):

Consecrated is not required for maps, 40% dmg is nice but is a tear in the Ocean. Same goes for minion/self healing, it's good mainly cuz of cheap charges to prevent curses. 15 for each use instead of 30 per use on Silver Flask.

Since we can run unid maps and 8 mods corrupts, it helps alot!

"
aastr wrote:
In OP's latest video he had around 6.4k life with a defensive curse + leech + flask which should be plenty of defense for everything up until after shaper. I'd actually like to know how he did it, I've got decent life rolls ony gear and I'm only sitting at 4.5k.

Well, the rolls are mediocre. You are missing hp on belt and two jewel slots that are combined 14%. Also you went for hybrid life/es nodes before getting all of 5-6% nodes, that also affects.

You can check his pob to see, but hes very close to max rolls - mostly undivined or missing +%hp roll.

You'll get there too eventually, don't worry!

Edit: Also, this CWDT setup helps alot while mapping. Cold Snap after the patch is godlike, it stops everything! Plus generates frenzy charges occasionally and on demand (Vaal Snap).

Last edited by zoNiklv on Dec 17, 2018, 12:32:12 PM
"

Here is the ES version of this build I've created some time ago in PoB:

https://pastebin.com/gjGit3a5

10k+ ES with 2 Void Batteries, 12k+ with a shield (Rathipith or Apep's Supremacy - it can be more with a good rare shield). DPS is way lower though.

If you want to keep playing as a life based char and stop dying all of the time, try to get as much life on every item as possible. You can buy Gloves and +2 minion Helmet with 110+ hp rolls and some res under 5c. Get all life and jewel nodes as early as you can (let every of your jewels have a life bonus). Also each level gives you a bunch of flat life. Replace an Assassin's Mark with Temporal Chains until you have +1 curse amulet and curse on hit ring. Replace your wand with some shield to get even more life. And sadly maybe the most important one - skip the Syndicate fights.

I just hit lvl 92 and since I hit maps I haven't died a single time to anything other than a messy Syndicate encounters when I couldn't know what is happening due to the clusterfuck on a screen. 6.4k life without a shield.

"

Check my Standard gear into the gear section. If I sacrificed some damage and focus even more on pure life rolls (mostly gloves and helmet) I would venture a guess that 7k hp would be possible.

"
Also, this CWDT setup helps alot while mapping. Cold Snap after the patch is godlike, it stops everything!

Damn, how could I never try it before? Just implemented Cold Snap to my CWDT and it really rocks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info